All motor build - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
wesley4x4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88765
What I Drive: 2002 silver SVT

FF Reputation: 3 wesley4x4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
All motor build

Alright so I have a CFM ORP and the CFM dog bone mount is ordered. What else can I do to squeeze some more ponies out of this little rocket... I was wondering if buying the STAGE 1 cam off CFM and bigger injectors would be a good route to take, open to opinions I never built a 4 cylinder before but I did build my 302 stang motor and all I did to get such a difference was GT40x heads and roller rocker cam and injectors. Let me know

Also what's the CC or lb/hr on the stock injectors

Toms tune is probably the next big thing

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
edingeek
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1152
What I Drive: 03 SVTf & 00 Xploder AWD 5.0

FF Reputation: 4 edingeek Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No to the cam.. believe stage 1 is a downgrade actually from the SVT cams.

Stock injectors fine until you go NOS/turbo/etc.

Prob get good return from 3" ORP, 3" flex, 3" tru-bendz exhaust, CAI, all 3 poly mounts, tune (turbo tom for example), aftermarket flywheel and clutch combo would help some with acceleration and such, and anything you can do to lighten up the car would help, 180 degree t-stat, short throw shifter helps out, and possibly aftermarket throttle body for crispness.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2008 Edge SEL

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
I would go to Tom's Tune next.

Skip the Cam ... the SVT Cams are the best. The only other one above the SVT Cams are the CatCams ... but those are silly expensive and not worth it.

For Ponies ... the ORP, Tune and Exhaust are going to help you. Well ... not much the exhaust, but the ORP and Tune will.

What the rest of the after market parts do is create a more drivability. Better handling, better throttle response, a better power band. Not much extra in HP or TQ but much better in how it feels to your driving.

The SVT Motor in NA form is pretty maxed out. The next thing for some serious HP power is to either SuperCharge or Turbo.

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Sniper Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84221
What I Drive: '03 SVT EAP "Eurotrish"

FF Reputation: 20 Sniper Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Aside from the ORP, tune, and TB maybe... the most cost effective move is forced induction. I had a 5.0 and the SVTF isn't like a Mustang where everything in the motor is restricted and the smallest mod makes big gains.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
smallblockfever
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95004
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 0 smallblockfever Newbie
for those guys giving advice:
what does replacing the motor mounts actually do? how does it affect the engines performance? just curious as to how this works out, never heard of this before
Old 04-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
bespurcell
Focus Addict

Fan#: 60917
What I Drive: 2003 black svt

FF Reputation: 2 bespurcell Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblockfever View Post
for those guys giving advice:
what does replacing the motor mounts actually do? how does it affect the engines performance? just curious as to how this works out, never heard of this before
It doesn't affect the performance. I know when I had my 2006 focus I put the poly inserts in the rear motor mount. Before I put it in there it felt like(and sounded like) the motor was hitting the firewall on a hard 1-2 upshift. With the poly insert it fixed that.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
Sniper Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84221
What I Drive: '03 SVT EAP "Eurotrish"

FF Reputation: 20 Sniper Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Yeah I only did the rear mount with poly bushing, that's what most people do. It helps on a 1-2 upshift and it makes the feel of the shifter better somehow. I don't see the point in doing the other two poly unless you're making some serious power.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
wesley4x4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88765
What I Drive: 2002 silver SVT

FF Reputation: 3 wesley4x4 Good Standing Member
Okay well I already have the c-f-m ORP installed and going to bring it to Lou's custom exhaust and do a 2.5" all the way out back but yah I'm going to save up for the tune and zex wet 50 shot and piece together a turbo system... Thanks for the input guys
Old 04-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #9
dirtbiker348
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56380
What I Drive: 02 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 0 dirtbiker348 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
An adjustable cam gear for the exhaust side has a very noticeable difference when tuned in right. I want to get mine dyno tuned, but i slowly retarded the cam timing degree at a time and felt a power difference between each degree... got to -3 and stopped, but i've seen people at -6 (every motors different), i just don't want to go too far without a dyno. The motor jumps up to 7k rpm instead of dying off a little before redline and you feel a difference through the whole rpm range. Best $40 i ever spend, but you won't find that again so it'd be a little over 100 i think

Bookmarks & Social Networks