2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 12 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #111
jpaul
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89908
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jpaul Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
work with your service department they will fix it when they can hear it. I left mine overnight. They did not have the upgrade for the mft thought that was a bit weird that the ford dealer did not have the update? They sent mine with no usb in the box! They changed both front struts and both front springs. Seems to be ok now. The service manager found the information to fix it in the computer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #112
Mistofoleez
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86059
What I Drive: None

FF Reputation: 1 Mistofoleez Good Standing Member
Update:

A couple months ago the dealership replaced the strut bushings/bearings whatever. That certainly didn't do a damned thing. If this something to do with the lower control arm, I'd love to see it resolved. I stopped taking it in. The last time I had the oil changed and I've never seen a crappier job of it.

I do notice that it is more pronounced in warm weather. I suppose I'll bring it in again, but this is just an annoyance. The problem with that is that if it were only my car (no wife) I'd have traded it in ages ago.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #113
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistofoleez View Post
Update:

A couple months ago the dealership replaced the strut bushings/bearings whatever. That certainly didn't do a damned thing. If this something to do with the lower control arm, I'd love to see it resolved. I stopped taking it in. The last time I had the oil changed and I've never seen a crappier job of it.

I do notice that it is more pronounced in warm weather. I suppose I'll bring it in again, but this is just an annoyance. The problem with that is that if it were only my car (no wife) I'd have traded it in ages ago.
Mine is also in warm weather. When its under 40 you cant here it as soon as it warms up you start to here it
Old 04-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #114
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97170
What I Drive: 2012, Red Candy, Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Focus eh Good Standing Member
I'm in Canada and bought a 2012 Ti. Same thing. 1200km on the car. Mine sounds like its coming from the front left side but it may be my ears playing tricks on me. It wasn't making the noise for the first 800km or so but is happening consistently now at low speeds. Guess I'm going back to the dealer as well. Too bad it seems like the fix could be one of several things. Ugh.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #115
kevinxb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96008
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kevinxb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Just noticed this on my Titanium last night. Not enough of an annoyance to make an appointment yet, especially since it doesn't seem like there is a consensus on a fix.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #116
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinxb View Post
Just noticed this on my Titanium last night. Not enough of an annoyance to make an appointment yet, especially since it doesn't seem like there is a consensus on a fix.
That's just it....we've heard so much, but not yet a true fix. Because yes, I have a small clunk/rattle coming from the front of my car too. Not going to waste time when there isn't a dealer fix for this KNOWN issue we are all having.... :-/

Posted via iPhone 4S
Old 04-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #117
Rdawson199
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96559
What I Drive: 2012 black se 5 door

FF Reputation: 1 Rdawson199 Good Standing Member
[QUOTE=wilsonfocus86;4111073]That's just it....we've heard so much, but not yet a true fix. Because yes, I have a small clunk/rattle coming from the front of my car too. Not going to waste time when there isn't a dealer fix for this KNOWN issue we are all having.... :-/

But, there will be no dealer fix, unless everybody reports their problem. There must be a documentation trail, and eventually, somebodies dealer will figure it out, and then voila! My focus will be going to the dealer one day next week. I finally squeezed some extra time out of my schedule to get in, so I will...I should have a report on the findings around next thursday(fingers crossed)

Rich
Old 04-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #118
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Posted in error....

2012 Ingot Silver Focus SE 5spd w/ Sport and Winter pkgs.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #119
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Taking mine in next Monday to have this same thing checked out along with about 11 other issues. There are times my suspension sounds like it's going to fall apart. Of course that goes perfectly with my trans and the parts that have actually fallen off or have come loose.

2012 Ingot Silver Focus SE 5spd w/ Sport and Winter pkgs.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #120
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I took my Focus Titanium in to the shop on March 30th 2012 for a front end noise over bumps at slow speeds under 20mph (this was the second time it had been in for the same noise) and I just got a call today saying that it is completed.

I will translate this to everyone: by completed they mean they give up. The service manager said that they have replaced every part in the front end (struts, springs, etc.) and they cannot at this time get the sound to go away. Ford engineers have advised them to verify that this noise is consistent with other Focus models with similar mileage and they affirmed.

Basically this means that I'm going to have to deal with this sound? That's just bogus and I have to admit, awful of Ford Motor Company. I have been in a rental for 20 days and they're saying that when my car leaves the shop it will still have the same issues as when I initially took it in? I hate this car more and more everyday and I don't know about everyone else that is having this issue but I sure as heck can't "live with it."

After dealing with the CSM for FMC, I have to say that I am shocked and appalled at how the "new Ford" handles their business and treats their customers. I feel completely used and violated as a customer and I will be taking all future business to another manufacturer.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->