stealthzx3's ZX3 build - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #21
stealthzx3
Enthusiast
 
stealthzx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 94260
Location: Pulaski, WI
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX3 SVT, 2001 Black ZX3

Posts: 6,517
FF Reputation: 9 stealthzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post
I believe its on my drivers doorjam. I will have to look in the morning. Maybe even snap a pic. lol Its too cold to go outside now. haha
yeahh same. too bad i work allll day saturday. i might start with my LEDs sunday or when ever i have some spare time. i might need to drive around without a center console for a day or two, lol. also, i hope i can run the wires cleanly under everything so i don't rip anything apart when i'm kicking my feet around shifting hard lol.
__________________
Focus Revolution

2003 EAP SVT #2752
stealthzx3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #22
02fordsvt
Meh.
 
02fordsvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 84654
Location: Lowville, NY
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

Posts: 9,618
FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timboslice View Post
yeah, i've checked this out. i'd just be a little nervous dissecting my headlights. i might try it out though!
It's not all that bad. I was a little nervous to open mine up too but it's a piece of cake. What they use is kind of like a rubber silicone, once it's heated a little and softened up, the lenses pull off without much of a problem.
__________________
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress
02fordsvt is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #23
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.
 
zx3_bmxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84231
Location: Louisville, KY
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

Posts: 5,158
FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timboslice View Post
yeahh same. too bad i work allll day saturday. i might start with my LEDs sunday or when ever i have some spare time. i might need to drive around without a center console for a day or two, lol. also, i hope i can run the wires cleanly under everything so i don't rip anything apart when i'm kicking my feet around shifting hard lol.
Nice! Yeah I thought this guy was going to my my bmx rim on ebay. Whenever any of my stuff sells, I will order some LEDs and then save the rest. lol
__________________
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
zx3_bmxrider is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #24
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ
 
katiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Fan#: 42025
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

Posts: 7,779
FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timboslice View Post
yeahh same. too bad i work allll day saturday. i might start with my LEDs sunday or when ever i have some spare time. i might need to drive around without a center console for a day or two, lol. also, i hope i can run the wires cleanly under everything so i don't rip anything apart when i'm kicking my feet around shifting hard lol.
If you take your center console out, you should have no problem running the wires cleanly, sounds like you have a good plan
__________________
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
katiekay is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #25
stealthzx3
Enthusiast
 
stealthzx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 94260
Location: Pulaski, WI
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX3 SVT, 2001 Black ZX3

Posts: 6,517
FF Reputation: 9 stealthzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fordsvt View Post
It's not all that bad. I was a little nervous to open mine up too but it's a piece of cake. What they use is kind of like a rubber silicone, once it's heated a little and softened up, the lenses pull off without much of a problem.
okay, so this adds to my to-do list. haha. there's a pic of what silicone they used in the how-to pyro posted so i could pick that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
If you take your center console out, you should have no problem running the wires cleanly, sounds like you have a good plan
i sure hope soo aha, then i can drill the holes straight and maybe mount or tape the wires to the inside wall of the console.
__________________
Focus Revolution

2003 EAP SVT #2752
stealthzx3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #26
stealthzx3
Enthusiast
 
stealthzx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 94260
Location: Pulaski, WI
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX3 SVT, 2001 Black ZX3

Posts: 6,517
FF Reputation: 9 stealthzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post
Nice! Yeah I thought this guy was going to my my bmx rim on ebay. Whenever any of my stuff sells, I will order some LEDs and then save the rest. lol
goo for it, aha it's fun ordering stuff.
__________________
Focus Revolution

2003 EAP SVT #2752
stealthzx3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #27
cdbertrand
Focus Addict
 
cdbertrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97547
Location: Moorefield, WV
What I Drive: 00' Infra Red ZX3, gf's 08' SE

Posts: 1,485
FF Reputation: 2 cdbertrand Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Nice looking car man. i'm in the same boat you are. my first car was a 99 Infiniti Q45t. i loved it but i pretty much blew it up haha.and the 4.1l v8 loved the gas. sold it and got a 2000 focus zx3 for 2700. don't have much money but i just got 4 cans of plasti dip haha. wheels and some trim work in store. prob getting a cold air intake and stuff. but good luck and nice looking car man!
cdbertrand is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #28
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.
 
zx3_bmxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84231
Location: Louisville, KY
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

Posts: 5,158
FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbertrand View Post
Nice looking car man. i'm in the same boat you are. my first car was a 99 Infiniti Q45t. i loved it but i pretty much blew it up haha.and the 4.1l v8 loved the gas. sold it and got a 2000 focus zx3 for 2700. don't have much money but i just got 4 cans of plasti dip haha. wheels and some trim work in store. prob getting a cold air intake and stuff. but good luck and nice looking car man!
Glad to hear you picked up some plastidip! CAIs and other bolt ons are always a good start.
__________________
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
zx3_bmxrider is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #29
cdbertrand
Focus Addict
 
cdbertrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97547
Location: Moorefield, WV
What I Drive: 00' Infra Red ZX3, gf's 08' SE

Posts: 1,485
FF Reputation: 2 cdbertrand Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post
Glad to hear you picked up some plastidip! CAIs and other bolt ons are always a good start.
haha man i ran all over the place to look for it. finally found it at Home Depot. i'll prob do my wheels sunday after work. maybe some trim idk. i'll put up some pics though.
cdbertrand is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #30
stealthzx3
Enthusiast
 
stealthzx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 94260
Location: Pulaski, WI
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX3 SVT, 2001 Black ZX3

Posts: 6,517
FF Reputation: 9 stealthzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbertrand View Post
haha man i ran all over the place to look for it. finally found it at Home Depot. i'll prob do my wheels sunday after work. maybe some trim idk. i'll put up some pics though.
for sure! plastidipped rims don't even look as cheap as they really are, lol.

i just picked up my wire for my LEDs so i'm going to start now!
__________________
Focus Revolution

2003 EAP SVT #2752
stealthzx3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.