pyroinsa's ZX5 build thread(sort of) - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #11
sixshooter
Godspeeding
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Fan#: 70879
Location: Southern Chester County, PA
What I Drive: 2009 Mustang GT Premium

Posts: 2,003
Points 8,939, Level 63
Points: 8,939, Level: 63 Points: 8,939, Level: 63 Points: 8,939, Level: 63
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 sixshooter Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
I think you are headed in the right direction with the euro parts. However, the other parts clash. I would ditch the konig's, billet grille, and possibly the headlights. I would look for a euro front grille, black svt/euro headlights. I think the sidestripe coming out of the fender vent was a good idea but it really clashes with your body lines.
__________________
'09 Mustang GT Premium
sixshooter is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #12
stealthzx3
Enthusiast
 
stealthzx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 94260
Location: Pulaski, WI
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX3 SVT, 2001 Black ZX3

Posts: 6,530
Points 11,357, Level 70
Points: 11,357, Level: 70 Points: 11,357, Level: 70 Points: 11,357, Level: 70
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 10 stealthzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
i'll be honest, i'm not a fan of the billet grille. i think you should go with the euro grille since you probably already have signals in the headlights. and now that i think about it, i think you should go with a different style of headlights. i'm not trying to rip on you, i think sixshooter has a point about how they clash. i'm not sure what euro headlights look like, maybe get those, or just try something different.
__________________
Focus Revolution

2003 EAP SVT #2752
stealthzx3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #13
1hotfocus
Focus Addict
 
1hotfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fan#: 82813
Location: NYC NYC NYC NYC!, NY
What I Drive: 00' sedan

Posts: 744
FF Reputation: 7 1hotfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
there is nothing wrong with the headlights.. they're nice, not many people like them but that's cause not everyone has them. they're better then the halos everyone else has got, and yes Machs are nice, but IMO way to expensive for some headlights.

I love the car as it sits, the rims don't flow as perfect as some multi spokes would, and euro grilles are nice.. remember one thing tho, its your car, do what you want! :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using FF Mobile
__________________
Give rep if youve been helped :)
1hotfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #14
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ
 
katiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Fan#: 42025
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

Posts: 7,781
Points 11,415, Level 70
Points: 11,415, Level: 70 Points: 11,415, Level: 70 Points: 11,415, Level: 70
Level Up 42% Completed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
I think you are headed in the right direction with the euro parts. However, the other parts clash. I would ditch the konig's, billet grille, and possibly the headlights. I would look for a euro front grille, black svt/euro headlights. I think the sidestripe coming out of the fender vent was a good idea but it really clashes with your body lines.
After I saw cdsilver02's one-off grille, thats the one that I really want. i don't know why I didn't mention it before. I thought the side was to plain so after the stripe I realised it messed up the bodylines, can't order another to put it lower. I am trying to save up for some big ticket items like lowering it, don't really want to nickel and dime some more little things like that right now.

Yeah I know that I've done some things without thinking them through, hopefully it'll be right someday. For now I might paint the inserts on the wheels silver to match the car better. Really thinking about EAP's, like on zx3_bmxrider's, but everything is on hold until I get the damn thing lowered lol

I still have my stock headlights and was thinking about painting the housings black and installing an led light strip in those, I mainly like the headlight that I have now just for the led light strip.

Keep the ideas coming! I just don't want to go all euro, I love the front bumper that I have, but I am not so sure anymore of still looking for a euro to replace it, they just look a little too sucked in to the body.
__________________
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
katiekay is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #15
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ
 
katiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Fan#: 42025
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

Posts: 7,781
Points 11,415, Level 70
Points: 11,415, Level: 70 Points: 11,415, Level: 70 Points: 11,415, Level: 70
Level Up 42% Completed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timboslice View Post
i'll be honest, i'm not a fan of the billet grille. i think you should go with the euro grille since you probably already have signals in the headlights. and now that i think about it, i think you should go with a different style of headlights. i'm not trying to rip on you, i think sixshooter has a point about how they clash. i'm not sure what euro headlights look like, maybe get those, or just try something different.
Thanks man, I am open to any feedback it'll probably always be a work in progress, but I think before I do any more exterior mods, it's really time for me to work on the suspension and engine, I like the euro grille and headlights, they really make more sense on the Focus, just wish Ford didn't go all cheapass on the U.S.

One day, though some of the outside will change again, I'll post updates to as this thread goes along...
__________________
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
katiekay is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #16
stealthzx3
Enthusiast
 
stealthzx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 94260
Location: Pulaski, WI
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX3 SVT, 2001 Black ZX3

Posts: 6,530
Points 11,357, Level 70
Points: 11,357, Level: 70 Points: 11,357, Level: 70 Points: 11,357, Level: 70
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 10 stealthzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
After I saw cdsilver02's one-off grille, thats the one that I really want. i don't know why I didn't mention it before. I thought the side was to plain so after the stripe I realised it messed up the bodylines, can't order another to put it lower. I am trying to save up for some big ticket items like lowering it, don't really want to nickel and dime some more little things like that right now.

Yeah I know that I've done some things without thinking them through, hopefully it'll be right someday. For now I might paint the inserts on the wheels silver to match the car better. Really thinking about EAP's, like on zx3_bmxrider's, but everything is on hold until I get the damn thing lowered lol

I still have my stock headlights and was thinking about painting the housings black and installing an led light strip in those, I mainly like the headlight that I have now just for the led light strip.

Keep the ideas coming! I just don't want to go all euro, I love the front bumper that I have, but I am not so sure anymore of still looking for a euro to replace it, they just look a little too sucked in to the body.
i do like the led strips in the headlights. and i know lowering it should be one of the first big mod, as that's what i'm going for. and i know what you mean, i really like the eaps... there is gloss black ford racing rims i'd kill for. here's a thought; ever think of getting a wing? i like the svt wing because it adds to the rear, but it's not overkill like the sap and roush.
__________________
Focus Revolution

2003 EAP SVT #2752
stealthzx3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #17
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ
 
katiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Fan#: 42025
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

Posts: 7,781
Points 11,415, Level 70
Points: 11,415, Level: 70 Points: 11,415, Level: 70 Points: 11,415, Level: 70
Level Up 42% Completed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timboslice View Post
i do like the led strips in the headlights. and i know lowering it should be one of the first big mod, as that's what i'm going for. and i know what you mean, i really like the eaps... there is gloss black ford racing rims i'd kill for. here's a thought; ever think of getting a wing? i like the svt wing because it adds to the rear, but it's not overkill like the sap and roush.
Yes that's the only wing I want, all the aftermarkets and all the other wings I don't like so much. SVT wing and SVT sideskirts are on my list.
__________________
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
katiekay is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #18
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.
 
zx3_bmxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84231
Location: Louisville, KY
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

Posts: 5,211
Points 9,768, Level 66
Points: 9,768, Level: 66 Points: 9,768, Level: 66 Points: 9,768, Level: 66
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
Yes that's the only wing I want, all the aftermarkets and all the other wings I don't like so much. SVT wing and SVT sideskirts are on my list.
SVT wing is definetly on my list! If I find a set of svt sideskirts I will get those too. But those are farther down the list. lol
__________________
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme #13 || Zetec Crew #377 || Rally Revolution #4
September 2014 ROTM
zx3_bmxrider is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #19
stealthzx3
Enthusiast
 
stealthzx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 94260
Location: Pulaski, WI
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX3 SVT, 2001 Black ZX3

Posts: 6,530
Points 11,357, Level 70
Points: 11,357, Level: 70 Points: 11,357, Level: 70 Points: 11,357, Level: 70
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 10 stealthzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post
SVT wing is definetly on my list! If I find a set of svt sideskirts I will get those too. But those are farther down the list. lol
yess i neeed to get my wing fixed up. it should be a nice addition.
__________________
Focus Revolution

2003 EAP SVT #2752
stealthzx3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 12:02 AM   #20
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ
 
katiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Fan#: 42025
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

Posts: 7,781
Points 11,415, Level 70
Points: 11,415, Level: 70 Points: 11,415, Level: 70 Points: 11,415, Level: 70
Level Up 42% Completed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timboslice View Post
yess i neeed to get my wing fixed up. it should be a nice addition.
Yes it will be
__________________
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
katiekay is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat