eagle_eye735's 05 zx3 build/mod thread - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
eagle_eye735
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90674
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 1999 Triumph Sprint ST

Points 967, Level 16
Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 eagle_eye735 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Arrow eagle_eye735's 05 zx3 build/mod thread

I purchased my 2005 Sonic Blue zx3 ses in the spring of 2011 with 123k miles on it from the original owner. It has the

winter and audiophile packages. I promptly did some basic performance mods. Megan racing lowering springs, a K&N

typhoon CAI, and full Magnaflow exhaust. I also had the windows tinted: 25% rear and rear sides, 35% front sides and

tinted the side markers. Then I got really busy with work over the summer and decided that I was done making changes to

my car. Around August 2011 I found Focus Fanatics while looking up how to change my reverse light switch and got the

itch to start modding but had to head off to college and leave my focus behind. For Christmas I got a new headunit from

my parents and installed that while I was home for Christmas break. Now summer is approaching and I have plans to start

some modding. I will just be using this thread to log my changes andget input from all you focus experts.

This is the only picture I have of my focus after tinting and lowering:

Immediate (aka this summer) plans:

-Replace reverse light switch (I know, still haven't done it yet...)

-Thoroughly sand and paint rust spots developing at the rear of the front fenders

-New lug nuts (the locking splined ones that came on it have have had the chrome torn off and are rusting, leaving stains
on the wheels. Not pretty.)

-Replace the trunk lighting with several led strips. *DONE

-Paint mirror caps to match the car

-Clean the engine bay *DONE

-New summer wheels

-Plastidip stock wheels black for use as winter wheels

-Replace interior overhead lights with leds

-leds licence plate lights

-Paint front calipers (Red or black, thoughts?)

-Sand rusty rear drums and paint black

- Leather shift and ebrake boots both have large rips in them, so I am planning sewing a new set out of black suede

-I worked in construction last summer and the inside of my car got filthy, so for I want to make a new set of floor mats and a rear cargo mat for the full hatch area, with the rear seats down. These need to be durable and fairly easy to clean. (Ideas?)

-Shorty antenna (possibly shave the antenna)

-Paint or carbon fiber vinyl interior trim

Far future (aka need to save money for):

-Steeda rear sway bar

-OBX exhaust header

-A tune from Tom

- Roof rack (I bike, and cross country ski and am thinking about getting a sailboard)

So that's it for my plans, though I am always looking for new ideas ad input from others. Let me know what you think and stay tuned for updates!

Last edited by eagle_eye735; 05-17-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.