DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 98 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #971
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideSax711 View Post
My car was built 11/11 and I just bought it a couple weeks ago. How do I know if it has the most recent TSB updates or not?
Your car needs to go to ford if it not running right and you dont think its is safe to drive Fords roadside service will tow it for free
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #972
PrideSax711
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97050
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 PrideSax711 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyy View Post
Your car needs to go to ford if it not running right and you dont think its is safe to drive Fords roadside service will tow it for free
It runs fine so far but it would be nice to know if they updated it before selling it.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #973
12RedHotHatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96478
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Titanium Hback

FF Reputation: 1 12RedHotHatch Good Standing Member
Quote:
It runs fine so far but it would be nice to know if they updated it before selling it.
Mine was also built 11/11 and I purchased it 2/16. Before my purchase I was told to have the transmission flashed with the latest software and I very happy with my DCT. I doubt they would do it without asking. If the dealer does it on their own before purchase, they probably do not get paid for the labor from Ford. By doing it for you after purchase, they can be paid by Ford under the car's warranty.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #974
PrideSax711
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12RedHotHatch View Post
Mine was also built 11/11 and I purchased it 2/16. Before my purchase I was told to have the transmission flashed with the latest software and I very happy with my DCT. I doubt they would do it without asking. If the dealer does it on their own before purchase, they probably do not get paid for the labor from Ford. By doing it for you after purchase, they can be paid by Ford under the car's warranty.
Thanks, I will probably take it up there this weekend then. How long did it take?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #975
12RedHotHatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96478
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Titanium Hback

FF Reputation: 1 12RedHotHatch Good Standing Member
Quote:
Thanks, I will probably take it up there this weekend then. How long did it take?
They did it with the new car prep. Between the prep and flash took about 3 hours but they said the flash took a while. The dealer sat me down in nice leather chair in front of a 60" LCD TV and fed me hamburgers and hot dogs hot off the grill along with my choice of side items, so I did not have a problem with it taking 3 hours.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #976
PrideSax711
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12RedHotHatch View Post
They did it with the new car prep. Between the prep and flash took about 3 hours but they said the flash took a while. The dealer sat me down in nice leather chair in front of a 60" LCD TV and fed me hamburgers and hot dogs hot off the grill along with my choice of side items, so I did not have a problem with it taking 3 hours.
Dang, I doubt I will get the same service from my dealer.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #977
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Points 4,198, Level 41
Points: 4,198, Level: 41 Points: 4,198, Level: 41 Points: 4,198, Level: 41
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 2012 View Post
we have every right to expect our "early run 2012" vechicles to operate at the level of current 2012 vechicles...
There is no reason why they shouldn't.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #978
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Points 4,198, Level 41
Points: 4,198, Level: 41 Points: 4,198, Level: 41 Points: 4,198, Level: 41
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jernel View Post
Get the fix. And after they do it drive normal, the car memorizes your habits for a bit and adjusts the trans accordingly. If you mess up and drive too rough, disconnect the negative battery terminal and that will reset the computer. Never tried it though, but was told it will work. You can teach the trans how you drive again.
That is a recurring myth.
The transmission does not learn anything about your driving habits.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #979
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 6,449, Level 52
Points: 6,449, Level: 52 Points: 6,449, Level: 52 Points: 6,449, Level: 52
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
That is a recurring myth.
The transmission does not learn anything about your driving habits.
You know I accepted that at face value from you guys a while back but I found this on Ford's media site. Doesn't seem to jive.

From: http://media.ford.com/article_displa...rticle_id=2574

Adaptive Transmission Control (ATC)

What it is: The Adaptive Transmission Control system recognizes individual styles of driving (e.g., aggressive vs. Relaxed) and adapts transmission shift parameters accordingly. Two types of ATC are adaptive shift-scheduling and adaptive shift-quality control. Adaptive shift scheduling uses information to assess driving style and decides when to upshift or downshift. It also can identify uphill or downhill gradients and recognize hard cornering. This helps inhibit shifts that might be annoying to the driver or affect vehicle stability. Adaptive shift-quality control uses information about the vehicle or environment, such as changes in the transmission due to wear, to improve the quality of shifts. This system can also adjust shift smoothness to suit driving style (e.g., crisper shifts for aggressive driving or smoother shifts for normal driving). How it works: Adaptive Shift Scheduling uses a microprocessor to read signals from various sensors. It uses a complex algorithm and ongoing memory to decide when to shift. For example, high lateral acceleration during cornering may prevent shifting even if the accelerator is suddenly depressed or released. This helps avoid potential loss of tire grip due to load reversal. Shift points can be based on calibration curves in memory. Adaptive shift-quality control adjusts parameters that affect the speed and smoothness of the shift by interpreting data, including driveline feedback from various sensors, as well as post shift parameters. Customer benefit: Improves shift consistency and transmission durability and allows for shifting that is better suited to specific driver styles or operating conditions. Ford status: Available on many North American vehicles.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #980
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,928, Level 33
Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
You know I accepted that at face value from you guys a while back but I found this on Ford's media site. Doesn't seem to jive.
You know, it does and it doesn't make sense. Especially due to the fact that some people (including myself) find that it shifts differently after driving the piss out of it. If I drive it like I stole it, then try to drive it like I normally do (a grandma) the shifts seem harsh in comparison.

This, of course, is using only my butt dyno.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.