Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd - Page 1353 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-08-2012, 02:56 AM   #13521
Matsuo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58127
What I Drive: 2008 Black SES

FF Reputation: 2 Matsuo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
That's cool.. we can just keep scratching all the shows off our lists over petty crap. Eventually we can make our own right? I'm sure so many people, who can't even manage to plan a month in advance to get a day off, could totally put their own car show together.

I think your bitching is a bit childish Justin. There were 2... yes.. TWO WHOLE FOCI... with.... THREE WHOLE DOMESTIC TRUCKS and a SINGLE domestic muscle car with a few scattered neons. So in total.. what? 10-12 cars in a class? Even if you had a "Sport compact" class like you said you'd be OK with, that puts like 5 cars in the class. Still not enough to warrant a full on category. Honestly, I would have done the same crap.

The problem is not IR, the problem is the lack of people ON OUR PART showing up. Why do you guys think I don't really participate on the forums any more? You guys want respect in the car scene? We have to effing earn it, we can't just mildy mod our cars, throw on a team sticker and show up here and there as 2-3 man wolf packs. Let me guys know when you want to be a serious car club.

You want respect? We need to start showing up to everywhere we can. This DEFINITELY includes getting rid of the dumb idea to go to a WEEKLY MEET on the same day as a MONTHLY MEET. That blows my mind. There's like 3 or 4 of you that complain so much about how we aren't respected yet really don't put too much effort in to getting the respect.

I'm also tired of hearing this "Oh they're biased" shit. So. Effing. What. God forbid we have a good time hanging out, walking around looking at other nice cars, or oh, I dunno... maybe enjoying watch people take pictures of our own cars? Yes, lets all complain about how we didn't win a trophy and boycott the show. QEFFINGQ

p.s. Yes I brought it back up.
Newest Member of my Family
2011 Shelby GT500 SVTPP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 03:05 AM   #13522
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 47 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Wow ....Matt posted

You all have some good points, but ultimately it does boil down to participation. Anyways carry on folks

Oh and Matt it is nice to see you post

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 04-08-2012, 03:23 AM   #13523
Matsuo
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
Wow ....Matt posted
Yes... Yes I did :D
Quote:
You all have some good points, but ultimately it does boil down to participation. Anyways carry on folks
This is pretty much the TL;DR of my post.

Quote:
Oh and Matt it is nice to see you post
2011 Shelby GT500 SVTPP
Old 04-08-2012, 03:29 AM   #13524
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

What's TL;DR mean?

Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 04-08-2012, 04:31 AM   #13525
Matsuo
Focus Addict

Quote:
What's TL;DR mean?
Too Long; Didn't Read
2011 Shelby GT500 SVTPP
Old 04-08-2012, 04:36 AM   #13526
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

I guess I could have googled that. Honestly I thought you had a typo lol

Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 04-08-2012, 04:57 AM   #13527
Matsuo
Focus Addict

Quote:
I guess I could have googled that. Honestly I thought you had a typo lol
lol nah...

So... ps3-themes.com is effing awesome. free dynamic themes... I'll bite.

I got a sleeping holo theme.... o.o if you don't know.... don't worry about it :P
2011 Shelby GT500 SVTPP
Old 04-08-2012, 05:07 AM   #13528
Tom-E09
Pimp'n ain't easy

Fan#: 59383
What I Drive: 2002 Gray ZTS

FF Reputation: 2 Tom-E09 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I is dsurrrnkkkk
Sedan Revolution #138SR Town Drunk
Team Dreamspeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazimusZX4ST View Post
I come speeding along and they think I'm all "lets run" when in reality its "MOVE YOU POS, IT'S BURRITO TIME!"
God I love burritos.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #13529
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Wow Matt posted more than once! Some good points. I've never really been a car show participation person person but am sorta getting there. I like to go and check out cars if it doesn't cost too much. Otherwise I like to hang with fellow enthusiasts. Unfortunately my job does not give me weekends off. Quite the opposite this time of year as most of our business is done on the weekends. So I can't ask for a lot of weekend days off. Sorry if I need to plan and know for sure what day our meets will be because of possible changes due to other events I am not aware of.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 04-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #13530
SvviftSVT
Release the Kraken!!

Fan#: 58277
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

FF Reputation: 10 SvviftSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsuo View Post
That's cool.. we can just keep scratching all the shows off our lists over petty crap. Eventually we can make our own right? I'm sure so many people, who can't even manage to plan a month in advance to get a day off, could totally put their own car show together.

I think your bitching is a bit childish Justin. There were 2... yes.. TWO WHOLE FOCI... with.... THREE WHOLE DOMESTIC TRUCKS and a SINGLE domestic muscle car with a few scattered neons. So in total.. what? 10-12 cars in a class? Even if you had a "Sport compact" class like you said you'd be OK with, that puts like 5 cars in the class. Still not enough to warrant a full on category. Honestly, I would have done the same crap.

The problem is not IR, the problem is the lack of people ON OUR PART showing up. Why do you guys think I don't really participate on the forums any more? You guys want respect in the car scene? We have to effing earn it, we can't just mildy mod our cars, throw on a team sticker and show up here and there as 2-3 man wolf packs. Let me guys know when you want to be a serious car club.

You want respect? We need to start showing up to everywhere we can. This DEFINITELY includes getting rid of the dumb idea to go to a WEEKLY MEET on the same day as a MONTHLY MEET. That blows my mind. There's like 3 or 4 of you that complain so much about how we aren't respected yet really don't put too much effort in to getting the respect.

I'm also tired of hearing this "Oh they're biased" shit. So. Effing. What. God forbid we have a good time hanging out, walking around looking at other nice cars, or oh, I dunno... maybe enjoying watch people take pictures of our own cars? Yes, lets all complain about how we didn't win a trophy and boycott the show. QEFFINGQ

p.s. Yes I brought it back up.
I don't know about other people, but this was on Easter weekend, so that prevented me from even being able to think about it. too many things going on.
It was believed that it was next weekend, until shortly before.
Keep in mind, I can't speak for any body else, so I'm just explaining my side.
If it had been predetermined that 3 cars were needed to have a class, then the 5 or so domestics sport compacts, should have been enough. I know the focus never hts respect, but how many times are we supposed to get slapped in the freaking face?
You talk about ahow going to a weekly meet on a day a monthly meet occurs needs to stop... How many times have you skipped on a meet because you simply didn't want to go?
I personally can't stand PZ meets because of how horribly they are ran. The cops never do anything. It's a freaking RICE convention (with an emphasis on IMMATURE), with very very few nice cars. I want to see tastefully modded cars.
I could go on for days, but....
/end rant
TeamFOCALIZE!// HATCH NATION #45// October '12 ROTM

Track build will commence by Christmas (hopefully)

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->