Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound - Page 11 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #101
rrrick777
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96238
What I Drive: 2012 race red focus

FF Reputation: 1 rrrick777 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I am having the same problem and the dealer checked their computers and said there was nothing noted by Ford about the noise problem. I am going to print out this forum section and take back to them. This is the first Ford I have bought in 20 years and looks to be the last if they don't fix or admit.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2012, 06:02 AM   #102
5jschiavones
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96821
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 5jschiavones Good Standing Member
Question

What mph is your vehicle making the noise?
Old 03-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #103
rrrick777
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96238
What I Drive: 2012 race red focus

FF Reputation: 1 rrrick777 Good Standing Member
55 to 70+... Going to print out some of this thread and go back to the dealer....wish me luck.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:18 AM   #104
5jschiavones
Focus Rookie

Good luck mine is going back 5th time wednesday
Old 04-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #105
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
Bringing mine in for the 5th time I believe this Thursday April 5th. The dealer says they have some more wheel bearings ready to install. I've already had the front bearings replaced. I asked where the 2nd new set was going to be installed: the front wheels or the back? The service representative had no idea, so I guess I'll find out when I drop the vehicle off.

In other news, I had the power steering go out intermittently over the weekend too. The few months that I've owned this car have been an absolute joy.

I'll just copy and paste what happened from the other thread on that issue (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...69983&page=6):

"I had the power steering fail on me Saturday morning, March 31st. I had started the car, it was running for maybe a few seconds, and I threw it in reverse to back out normally. 1 second into backing up and halfway out of the spot, BAM, power steering goes out with the message warning chirp. Power Steering Failure Get Service or whatever it said. I fought the wheel to ensure it was really out. After a few choice words, I turned the car off and restarted it. The power steering was still out after a few seconds. After a few more choice words, I realized the power steering was working again and the warnings went away after restarting."
Old 04-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #106
5jschiavones
Focus Rookie

Car has been I the shop 2days now. A field Rep is there and they cannot find where the noise is coming from. They do hear the rubbing/grinding rotational noise. Fifth time in for the same. If they cannot find it do you think I can request the vehicle to be replaced?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #107
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

I think they'll start throwing new parts at the car and hope that solves the problem. Even though a new car would be nice, the manufacturer has the right to try and fix the problem first before giving you a brand new car. Read into your state's lemon laws. I live in Florida, and a lemon law suit can be filed once the car has been in the shop for 30 days or the problem hasn't been eradicated after 4 fixes. It's not as clear cut as that, but you get the general idea.

Ford just finished their second attempt to get rid of the vibration noise. They replaced the wheel bearings again today to no avail. They actually gave me a rental this time. They called the FSE after this second set of new bearings failed to fix the problem, so now they are going to replace an intermediate bearing on the front wheel of the car (maybe both?). The parts have been ordered and they are going to install that on Monday. That will be the 3rd fix.

If the 3rd fix doesn't get rid of the hum, the way I understand it is that they get one more shot to attempt to fix it. If 4th fix doesn't work, I'll be going the lemon route to get rid of the car. I love it, but the vibration is unbearable. There's no way I could ever sell the car in the future, let alone put up with it the rest of the car's life! Now that the power steering acted up once (failed on me last Saturday), I full heartedly believe I won't be the owner of this car much longer. I'm not giving up, just not keeping my hopes up that the problem will be fixed.

Just keep up with that documentation!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #108
5jschiavones
Focus Rookie

got car back - noise still there. The dealership states it is a wind noise - when we asked if they can tell us exactly where that would be they could not tell us. They continue to tell us it is not a safety issue. But if they can't find where the rotational noise is coming from, how can they say it is safe. It isn't wind noise - rotional grinding type noise is not wind. Help anyone.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #109
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyt View Post
Call Ford CS at 800.392.FORD and explain your problem with you car and dealer.
This is what you need to do if you haven't done so already. The dealer is brushing you aside like they did with me. When they turned me away the first time I brought the car in to note the problem, I called Ford Customer Service that very night. Since then, I've been in touch with a CS representative at least once a week. Her name is Jean and she calls me everytime she promises to followup. They will ensure that the dealer is using all of the tools available to them to diagnose and fix the problem with your car such as their Hotline.

In the meantime, ask for a test drive in another Focus off of the lot that has the exact same options and trim level. Do this with the service manager. No noise from that one? How does your car have "wind noise" and this other model doesn't? Tell the dealership to explain that.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #110
5jschiavones
Focus Rookie

Arrow

I have driven 4 other vehicles -no noise. Already speaking with csr at ford. field service Rep spent two days working on my car at my dealers. They acknowledge the noise but are trying to say just wind and they also keep saying "it's not a safety issue". I keep asking how can you say it's not safety related if you can't actually find this noise. I really love this car but the noise is driving me crazy.

Bookmarks & Social Networks