0-60? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-11-2005, 03:57 AM   #21
MISVTfocus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13841
What I Drive: 08 Fusion SEL, Focus ST on order

FF Reputation: 1 MISVTfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
dude 213slayer666 I've been dying to ask what issss your sig. Its SO weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2005, 10:22 AM   #22
213slayer666
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7447
What I Drive: a car?

FF Reputation: 1 213slayer666 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
it's a diablo on a dirt track

Old 01-12-2005, 11:04 AM   #23
fidus_maximus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12132
What I Drive: focus

FF Reputation: 1 fidus_maximus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Be cautious when dealing with the older GTechs, they were notoriously inacurrate (sometimes up to 1 or 1.5 seconds off) and were not very consistent either. The newer ones supposed be really good, light years better than the original.

and I would NOT buy from the ebay auction listed earlier in this thread. I sent the guy an email asking if what he was selling was the original 1994 version, or the redesigned 2001 model. He responded with the following:

"There is no part number. Tesla did not assign part numbers to this model. The original GTech came out in 1994 but did not have the word PRO attached to the name. I believe that model also had two suction cups, but I've never seen one in person because we have never handled that older version. The original GTech was redesigned somewhere around the year 2000 and the work PRO was added to the name. This is the model we are offering. Please read our auction, .it is clearly pictured and described. "

go to www.gtechpro.com and you will see that what he has pictured IS the original 1994 model, but he never carried it (according to him) If he doesnt know the product he is selling, then I wouldnt trust buying from him.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:51 AM   #24
GCubes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5663
What I Drive: Black MazdaSpeed3

FF Reputation: 1 GCubes Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dont forget the Beltronics Vector. I have the FX1 and I would say it's a good tool to have.
70$ new from etronics.com
Old 01-13-2005, 11:57 PM   #25
Dr_Watson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17713
What I Drive: '00 Malibu Blue zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Dr_Watson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
god, don't get a g-tech... yes, they work; but as was stated earlier the older ones are kinda crap for accuracy. and whats the point of telemetry if its unreliable?
FYI:
an accelerometer is like a radar detector... if you're getting one for less than $100; you're not getting "a smoking deal"; you're merely getting smoked.

If you're actually interested in an accelerometer check out : http://www.race-technology.com/acata...ce_Meters.html

the AP22 meeter is a very good unit, it gives you ALOT more data, and alot more accuracy.
once you have it setup for your car and test environment, it can even give you a pretty accurate aproximation of your hp/tq.

and unlike the g-tech, you can hook it to a pc for detailed analysis and databasing your results.

+ its got a bolt-on GPS unit that makes it insanely accurate, and allows you to make detailed track maps etc..

its pretty sweet... I played with one a guy had, i was pretty impressed with it... soon as i have the disposeable income i'll probably pick one up.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:54 AM   #26
fidus_maximus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12132
What I Drive: focus

FF Reputation: 1 fidus_maximus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
I want to try the G-Tech RR. Some guys at the track use it and say its pretty f'n cool. I just dont want to spend $300!

Anyone here using it? impressions?

Bookmarks & Social Networks