TSB 12-02-17 - Steering issue - New TSB? - Page 9 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #81
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89089
Location: North Charleston, SC
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

Posts: 409
FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcinnc View Post
Anyone out there waiting to have this done, but parts are on back order?
My dealership is currently in the process of doing this. They stated the parts were in so I dropped it off Monday morning before they opened. 8 hours later they discovered they didn't have all of them. Still waiting to get my car back... (posted my progress originally under the DCT thread since that's what I was really interested in) They haven't stated the parts are on back order, they've just said they expect them "tomorrow morning" for three days now.
__________________
2012 Ford Focus Sterling Grey Metallic SEL Sedan
Ordered: 8/6/11 VIN: 9/6/11 Build Date: 8/30/11
Delivery: Originally estimated 9/19/11. Delivered 9/22/11. picked up 9/24/11.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
forceflow2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #82
dcinnc
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96223
Location: Pine Knoll Shores, NC
What I Drive: 2012 Sedan SEL Platinum White

Posts: 28
FF Reputation: 1 dcinnc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
My dealership is currently in the process of doing this. They stated the parts were in so I dropped it off Monday morning before they opened. 8 hours later they discovered they didn't have all of them. Still waiting to get my car back... (posted my progress originally under the DCT thread since that's what I was really interested in) They haven't stated the parts are on back order, they've just said they expect them "tomorrow morning" for three days now.
I was told that everything came in except the bolts. They are on back order till the 8th.. You might want to have a heart to heart with your service mgr.
__________________
2012 SEL Sedan
White Platinum Tri Coat
dcinnc is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #83
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89089
Location: North Charleston, SC
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

Posts: 409
FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcinnc View Post
I was told that everything came in except the bolts. They are on back order till the 8th.. You might want to have a heart to heart with your service mgr.
That's exactly what mine is waiting on. They haven't given me a date at all, they just stated they've been "emergency ordered" for me and it'll be done tomorrow. I have a feeling I should just go get my car, assuming it's actually drivable (no clue what state of disrepair it is in right now) and take it to a different dealership at a later date.
__________________
2012 Ford Focus Sterling Grey Metallic SEL Sedan
Ordered: 8/6/11 VIN: 9/6/11 Build Date: 8/30/11
Delivery: Originally estimated 9/19/11. Delivered 9/22/11. picked up 9/24/11.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
forceflow2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #84
ServerTech
Focus Rookie
 
ServerTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91612
Location: Redmond, WA
What I Drive: 2012 S.G. Focus Titanium Hatchback

Posts: 23
Points 17, Level 1
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 ServerTech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This past Tuesday morning, I had taken my Focus to the shop to have the alignment looked at because the steering wheel was off center just a bit to the right. Turns out that the issue was related to the one called out on the TSB.

Here's a list of parts listed from the invoice:

(4) -W714807-S900 BOLT
(1) BV6Z-3504-CE GEAR ASY - STE-5
(2) CV6Z-00812-A BOLT
(4) -W715491-S442 BOLT
(4) -W520415-S442 NUT
(4) -W520203-S442 NUT - HEX
(4) -W520113-S442 NUT - HEX
(1) XL-14 FLUID - PO XL-14

The invoice didn't specifically call out the TSB, but from looking at the parts it looks like that's what the issue was.

I got my car back this afternoon, so they were able to get the parts and do the work in less than 2 work days. I guess I got lucky!
ServerTech is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #85
Uptcv1
Focus Enthusiast
 
Uptcv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88390
Location: NJ, NJ
What I Drive: 2012 sonic blue SE sport DCT hatch

Posts: 265
Points 2,470, Level 30
Points: 2,470, Level: 30 Points: 2,470, Level: 30 Points: 2,470, Level: 30
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Uptcv1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServerTech View Post
This past Tuesday morning, I had taken my Focus to the shop to have the alignment looked at because the steering wheel was off center just a bit to the right. Turns out that the issue was related to the one called out on the TSB.

Here's a list of parts listed from the invoice:

(4) -W714807-S900 BOLT
(1) BV6Z-3504-CE GEAR ASY - STE-5
(2) CV6Z-00812-A BOLT
(4) -W715491-S442 BOLT
(4) -W520415-S442 NUT
(4) -W520203-S442 NUT - HEX
(4) -W520113-S442 NUT - HEX
(1) XL-14 FLUID - PO XL-14

The invoice didn't specifically call out the TSB, but from looking at the parts it looks like that's what the issue was.

I got my car back this afternoon, so they were able to get the parts and do the work in less than 2 work days. I guess I got lucky!
How is it now?
Uptcv1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #86
ServerTech
Focus Rookie
 
ServerTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91612
Location: Redmond, WA
What I Drive: 2012 S.G. Focus Titanium Hatchback

Posts: 23
Points 17, Level 1
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 ServerTech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptcv1 View Post
How is it now?

The steering wheel is now straight, and it seems to track better when going in a straight line. As far as I'm concerned, it's been resolved!



Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using FF Mobile
ServerTech is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #87
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast
 
xpartmgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96709
Location: Shawnee, KS
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

Posts: 278
FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServerTech View Post
The steering wheel is now straight, and it seems to track better when going in a straight line. As far as I'm concerned, it's been resolved!
Good to hear! I just got the call from my local dealer, my parts are in. I will drop my car off Saturday morning and pick it up sometime the following week. I am having them also fix the recall about the wiper motor or whatever it is. Glad they are providing me a loaner, I hope it is a new Focus so I can see who it shifts and compare it to my car. If it is better I will have reason to complain more about my transmission.
xpartmgr is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #88
dcinnc
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96223
Location: Pine Knoll Shores, NC
What I Drive: 2012 Sedan SEL Platinum White

Posts: 28
FF Reputation: 1 dcinnc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Servertech, have you driven on cement highway at interstate speeds?
__________________
2012 SEL Sedan
White Platinum Tri Coat

Last edited by dcinnc; 04-06-2012 at 08:30 AM.
dcinnc is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #89
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89089
Location: North Charleston, SC
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

Posts: 409
FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Good to hear! I just got the call from my local dealer, my parts are in. I will drop my car off Saturday morning and pick it up sometime the following week. I am having them also fix the recall about the wiper motor or whatever it is. Glad they are providing me a loaner, I hope it is a new Focus so I can see who it shifts and compare it to my car. If it is better I will have reason to complain more about my transmission.
I'd ask them if the parts they have includes the bolts as well, just so you don't end up sitting around waiting for those to magically appear.

EDIT: Just called the house and apparently they left a message for me an hour ago stating that I should have my car back tomorrow...again. Who knew tomorrow was 4+ days long?
__________________
2012 Ford Focus Sterling Grey Metallic SEL Sedan
Ordered: 8/6/11 VIN: 9/6/11 Build Date: 8/30/11
Delivery: Originally estimated 9/19/11. Delivered 9/22/11. picked up 9/24/11.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.

Last edited by forceflow2; 04-05-2012 at 05:38 PM.
forceflow2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #90
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast
 
xpartmgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96709
Location: Shawnee, KS
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

Posts: 278
FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
I'd ask them if the parts they have includes the bolts as well, just so you don't end up sitting around waiting for those to magically appear.

EDIT: Just called the house and apparently they left a message for me an hour ago stating that I should have my car back tomorrow...again. Who knew tomorrow was 4+ days long?
Yeah they said they had the mounting hardware also. Was yours gone so long because they forgot to order all the parts?
xpartmgr is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.