My Ford Touch Thread - Page 136 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #1351
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1GTED View Post
So I just looked up my car on etis.ford.com and it shows this:

Outstanding Field Service Actions

12M01 - RRANTY EXTENSION

Does this mean, I need this done still I assume?
I would check with my dealer, but according to mine, it would seem so. I honestly was surprised when he told me this, so I will be interested if others are being told the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #1352
B1GTED
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96546
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 B1GTED Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
I would check with my dealer, but according to mine, it would seem so. I honestly was surprised when he told me this, so I will be interested if others are being told the same thing.
Interesting. I will be checking with my dealer and will let you know what they have to say. I find it odd, because I bought my car off the lot and it already had MFT 3.0.2 installed with updated NAV card.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #1353
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94411
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns098356GX View Post
Is there any way I can put a playlist on my USB drive so MFT can read it?
Anytime I make a playlist in itunes, the path is for my harddirve, and Im not sure how to path them for my USB.
You have to edit the playlist and remove the drive letter from the path, as sync does use drive letters.

Also sync only reads M3U playlist format from what I can find.
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12
Old 04-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #1354
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Quote:
Here is what the service manager at my dealer just told me:

12M01 is a warranty extension on the APIM. It only warrants replacement if there is a failure of the component. If you are not having any issues then no action is to be taken at this time.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #1355
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bengal View Post
Here is what the service manager at my dealer just told me:

12M01 is a warranty extension on the APIM. It only warrants replacement if there is a failure of the component. If you are not having any issues then no action is to be taken at this time.
That makes sense. I however wasn't having issues (that I know of). Perhaps they ran in to issues during the upgrade that made it necessary. Regardless, it's working great, and so far, I am happy.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #1356
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Did you have the 11A02/12M01 status on your car? If so, according to my dealer, replacing the APIM is something that was supposed to happen.
Nope, I just had the one for "USB and SD are coming in the mail" listed on the ETIS page.

Got the car back tonight - some things seem better, some things are still acting up (USB/BT audio issues) but overall it's an improvement. I'll have to see if it holds up!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #1357
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94411
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
I agree but that hasn't been my experience.

I found out it will resume playing from USB if the device if left plugged in for a day or so. I guess the indexing takes a lot longer to complete than it seems. It will play after a couple of minutes, but goes back into indexing the next time I drive the car. Once that stops, it resumes from the last track played just fine.
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12
Old 04-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #1358
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Ah, the day is never complete without a misadventure with MFT. This mornings...climate tab said "Climate Off" for the entire drive to work. It was on and functioning quite fine. All the info down by the manual controls was correct. Just the screen tab. Tried switching around between screens, going into and out of the climate screen to see if it would update but nothing, just "Climate Off".
Old 04-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #1359
A2Fan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87793
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 A2Fan Good Standing Member
I took my car in to the dealership and requested a system wipe and reinstall, since my self-upgrade attempt had frozen. The dealership didn't do as I asked -- they just verified that the system appeared to be loaded and working correctly.

I was able to show them where my current gen iPod Touch didn't sync or index correctly (unknown artist/song but album art is displayed), and the other anomalies are random, I can't reproduce them on demand.

I regret buying the MFT option. It's been a huge disappointment and a waste of my time.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #1360
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Fan View Post
I took my car in to the dealership and requested a system wipe and reinstall, since my self-upgrade attempt had frozen. The dealership didn't do as I asked -- they just verified that the system appeared to be loaded and working correctly.

I was able to show them where my current gen iPod Touch didn't sync or index correctly (unknown artist/song but album art is displayed), and the other anomalies are random, I can't reproduce them on demand.

I regret buying the MFT option. It's been a huge disappointment and a waste of my time.
the MFT is half of the system in this case... did you audit your Touch? It plays a big role in this pairing. if it has funky characters or corrupt meta info in one MP3 file it can hang components of MFT (and other systems too). I recently found a particular mp3 file on mine, that just wouldn't play, although it was indexed. When I tried to play it... it would play random song on my iphone 4. ran tune-up on it and swapped out the album art....that fixed the problem completely.

Bookmarks & Social Networks