My Ford Touch Thread - Page 135 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #1341
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianq01 View Post
I don't have the 3 update yet and almost certain I don't want it as 2.11 hasn't caused me to pull out too many hairs and the screens look a lot better than 3, but in going through the iPad app for the MFT, I can't seem to find a Max Defrost button on the climate screen, does one exist in the real update?

Ian
I'm not sure specifically, but if the ipod app is like the android one it contains controls available on lincolns and higher trimmed Edge's, etc.. like a/c seats and steering wheels not available on the focus.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #1342
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
Bug free? I don't think so, but I can tell you that it's working quite well so far and I gave it quite the workout trying to just get in to every part of the system and test out as much as I could. I think it's worth mentioning that I did do a factory reset on the system just before I dropped it off at the dealer. Don't know if that was needed, but it seemed like it couldn't hurt.
I think (and no i'm not totally sure) but if they replaced your apim they loaded on MFT completely fresh, just like it came from the factory. I'm glad you are enjoying the interface but I would wait after using it for a month before you make a true judgement one way or another.

I was actually hoping that when this upgrade came out that it would have installed fresh too as no matter what tech you're using that usually completely eliminates any ghost in the machine that was there before, but that wasn't the case.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:44 AM   #1343
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Ok, so I finally got a call from the dealer service advisor this morning, and he had received the NAV SD card for me. We arranged for me to bring my car in at noon, and pick it up at 5 when I got off work. Ford authorizes a loaner for this, so he provided that as well.

Got there, he checked me in in about 10 minutes, and got me in the loaner. Off I went back to work. I went back there at 5:30 to pick up my car, and he told me the updates were done, NAV card installed and the APIM was replaced. I inquired further in to the APIM replacement, and he showed me the recall paperwork for 12M01. I told him that I didn't realize that was a part that needed to be replaced and he confirmed it was. He said not every MFT system needs it, just certain ones. I shared my experience with other users in this forum, and that we felt we have seen a pattern in that recently purchased cars seemed more likely to have the 11A02 and 12M01's listed.

I asked for a printout of the service order, which he gave me and it clearly shows that 12M01 is a recall (perhaps the warranty is also extended, but that's not listed for this item). The part is APIM Replacement and Reprogramming per recall. The cost of the part is $650.67 which of course I didn't have to pay because it's all under warranty. It took the tech about 30 minutes to do this.

Results? The 3.0 upgrade is really really fantastic. I had some, but few issues with 2.11, mostly minor cosmetic things and sluggishness. I played with the 3.0 for about 2 1/2 hours after I got home and it's very smooth, very clean, I found NO issues so far. While it was indexing my iPod, it paused once or twice while I was telling it to do other things, but as soon as that finished (much faster than in 2.11 btw), response from MFT was very nice and smooth. Bug free? I don't think so, but I can tell you that it's working quite well so far and I gave it quite the workout trying to just get in to every part of the system and test out as much as I could. I think it's worth mentioning that I did do a factory reset on the system just before I dropped it off at the dealer. Don't know if that was needed, but it seemed like it couldn't hurt.

Anyway, I think it's good that those of us who have positive experiences post them. In general I believe most people coming to a thread like this are probably coming to find help and / or see if someone else is having the same issues they may be having. I know some of you have done this, but overall, I don't think most people with good upgrade experiences are coming here to report such. As a result, it's easy for visitors to get the impression that 3.0 is a disaster for nearly everyone, when in reality that's just simply not the case. Yes, some do have legitimate issues, but after all is said and done, I am thrilled with the upgrade, and think Ford did a pretty good job overall.
Very encouraging for me - as my 3.0 was quite squirrely after the update and they're replacing my APIM right now. Not per a recall/TSB (was having other problems that couldn't be solved by a reset, wipe, etc.) but I'm hopeful it solves all the weird behavior.

My car was a Dec 2011 build, btw.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 04-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #1344
Burns098356GX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94777
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

Points 1,136, Level 18
Points: 1,136, Level: 18 Points: 1,136, Level: 18 Points: 1,136, Level: 18
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Burns098356GX Good Standing Member
Is there any way I can put a playlist on my USB drive so MFT can read it?
Anytime I make a playlist in itunes, the path is for my harddirve, and Im not sure how to path them for my USB.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:16 AM   #1345
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88545
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
So I am now having a problem with the Sirius Travel link traffic data not downloading. Since upgrading to version 3.0.2 Travel Link has worked perfectly, then last week I had a system crash (full reboot, performing scheduled maint). Since that crash Travel Link traffic has not been downloading new data. After the crash it did download data once, but after that it never downloaded any more.

Interestingly all other Travel link services work fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:00 AM   #1346
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

Points 43, Level 1
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullwingdmc View Post
So I am now having a problem with the Sirius Travel link traffic data not downloading. Since upgrading to version 3.0.2 Travel Link has worked perfectly, then last week I had a system crash (full reboot, performing scheduled maint). Since that crash Travel Link traffic has not been downloading new data. After the crash it did download data once, but after that it never downloaded any more.

Interestingly all other Travel link services work fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Perhaps this can be fixed like other issues with Sirius by having them send a refresh signal to your radio. Probably worth a shot.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #1347
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Points 43, Level 1
Level Up 86% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Very encouraging for me - as my 3.0 was quite squirrely after the update and they're replacing my APIM right now. Not per a recall/TSB (was having other problems that couldn't be solved by a reset, wipe, etc.) but I'm hopeful it solves all the weird behavior.

My car was a Dec 2011 build, btw.
Did you have the 11A02/12M01 status on your car? If so, according to my dealer, replacing the APIM is something that was supposed to happen.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #1348
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Did you have the 11A02/12M01 status on your car? If so, according to my dealer, replacing the APIM is something that was supposed to happen.
Sorry but what exactly is the APIM? My status showed the 11A02 and now 12M01 - RRANTY Extension
Old 04-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #1349
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Points 43, Level 1
Level Up 86% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Sorry but what exactly is the APIM? My status showed the 11A02 and now 12M01 - RRANTY Extension
Yup, that's what mine showed too. I thought the 12M01 was just a warranty extension, but it seems it's actually a hardware recall (possibly with a warranty extension?). According to what I can find, the APIM is short for Accessory Protocol Interface Module, which seems to be the Sync computer itself. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Sync#System_hardware)

This is what the service adviser told me anyway, and he showed me paperwork to back it up.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #1350
B1GTED
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96546
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 B1GTED Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
So I just looked up my car on etis.ford.com and it shows this:

Outstanding Field Service Actions

12M01 - RRANTY EXTENSION

Does this mean, I need this done still I assume?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.