Steeda CAI Now Available - Page 23 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-03-2012, 05:43 AM   #221
ResJudicata
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94971
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 ResJudicata Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucrammada View Post
Hoping to, I wasn't able to dyno before my catback. I'm not sure of any places to dyno at in my area. If I do, I'll definitely post stuff!
I was looking around locally for dynos and ran a dealer search on SCT's website. That's how I found a place with a dyno locally.

http://www.sctflash.com/

Just an idea.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #222
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBerry View Post
what if you made a custom box, put the filter cover on and have the funnel force feed air into the intake box? NewMission has the right idea just some tweaking with the cai might be able to get more power.. Maybe?
yeah that would probably work, I am not sure how much colder the air would get from that, steeda says on their blog, that their CAI is only 7 degrees over ambient temperature, if relocating the filter dropped to ambient or a little below, I am not sure how much extra gain there will be.
http://www.steedablog.com/2012/03/mu...-intake-truth/
Old 04-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #223
BooBerry
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90175
What I Drive: 2012, Blue Candy, SE

FF Reputation: 2 BooBerry Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
yeah that would probably work, I am not sure how much colder the air would get from that, steeda says on their blog, that their CAI is only 7 degrees over ambient temperature, if relocating the filter dropped to ambient or a little below, I am not sure how much extra gain there will be.
http://www.steedablog.com/2012/03/mu...-intake-truth/
Some how newmisson got it colder then ambient with his mod.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ission&page=10

Now if the ford temp gauge was off I could understand, I still think merging the 2 might have bigger benefits. Then again I could be horribly wrong.

Gamertag = FailSnail Ink
Old 04-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #224
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBerry View Post
Some how newmisson got it colder then ambient with his mod.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ission&page=10

Now if the ford temp gauge was off I could understand, I still think merging the 2 might have bigger benefits. Then again I could be horribly wrong.
yeah more airflow with colder air can get below ambient, i re-read his thread from the start, I agree with you that doing both would probably have a bigger benefit than either one individually. newmission went cheap on parts, I would probably modify similar to what you are doing with black mesh and would probably then cover it with a custom outerwears prefilter. I think there probably even more possibilities that havn't been done yet.

basically what his mod is adding a second air pipe to the intake, and doesnt affect the existing piping, so there might be changes to be made there to make it more efficient.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #225
SteedaBrandon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96136
What I Drive: n/a

FF Reputation: 1 SteedaBrandon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg hazlett View Post
If you remember back when the dyno debate started we were wondering and wanted to see what a manual car would do to see how much of a difference there was between the manual/automatic.

I know you are close/friends/in with Steeda but they are known for pulling tricks to make their products gains be more than what is true; I cannot see how they gained 20 ft/tq with just a filter and MAF housing without changing something else-like dynoing the car stock with 87 and then with their RAI with 93....and yes, they have done that before with mustangs, not slinging mud, stating facts.

I am not promoting Injen by any means, I think if you asked anyone who has been around the modern day cars if adding a filter and MAF housing would gain you 20 ft/tq on a 4 cyl 2.0L engine they would call B/S in a heartbeat....I don't want to see anyone spend their hard earned money on a part, install it and then not get what they expected out of it.

Think about this; the 2012 Focus puts down 160 hp/142 tq at the crank; if you blindly accept their dyno sheet of 20 tq gained do the math...that is an increase of 15%....with nothing more than a filter/MAF housing...not buying that one bit...I did not see that much of an increase with an Airaid CAI on a 5.7L V8 Tundra nor on a 4.6L V8 Mustang.
Being a Mustang owner for years myself (way before I started working here), I've never seen anything regarding Steeda fudging their dyno numbers.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #226
BooBerry
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90175
What I Drive: 2012, Blue Candy, SE

FF Reputation: 2 BooBerry Good Standing Member
I wonder if most of the gain is from the filter element or from the new MAF housing...

Gamertag = FailSnail Ink
Old 04-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #227
greg hazlett
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93486
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 greg hazlett Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon View Post
Being a Mustang owner for years myself (way before I started working here), I've never seen anything regarding Steeda fudging their dyno numbers.
Really? Not biased are you? How about the intake comparison between yours and JLT? How about the CAI's for the 05-10's that were done bone stock with 87 octane, put a CAI, tune and 93 octane and then were claiming 40 hp/tq with "just a CAI"....

If you are really trying to tell me with a straight face that Steeda gained 20 ft tq with nothing more than a filter and MAF housing out of a 2.0 4 cyl engine when V8's that are have a alot more CI's, 8 cylinders, etc and don't see those kinds of gain...well....for your sake I hope not.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #228
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

is the hole below the velocity stack where the factory inlet goes?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #229
eng943
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96978
What I Drive: fusion

FF Reputation: 1 eng943 Good Standing Member
just put my Steeda CAI on. Very nice quality, easy installation.

However, I am going to put the stock airbox back on after only 10 miles on the Steeda CAI. The Mrs. does not like the intake noise at all.

I am too new to post a for sale item on the forum, so this will go to ebay I suppose.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #230
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93741
What I Drive: 04 Ex Ltd, 08 Edge Ltd, 12 FF Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Brabs_Weather Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng943 View Post
just put my Steeda CAI on. Very nice quality, easy installation.

However, I am going to put the stock airbox back on after only 10 miles on the Steeda CAI. The Mrs. does not like the intake noise at all.

I am too new to post a for sale item on the forum, so this will go to ebay I suppose.
Is it really that loud. When you put the stock air box on can you leave the cover off and compare the sound difference. I need an idea of how loud it is. Thanks
Borla Exhaust with UltraQuiet resonator
K&N X-4870. Steeda RSB

Bookmarks & Social Networks