Which car manufacturer do you hate most? - Page 14 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Which manufacturer do you dislike the most?
Honda 31 19.02%
Chevrolet 34 20.86%
Dodge 16 9.82%
Hyundai 9 5.52%
Chrysler 31 19.02%
Toyota 42 25.77%
Mazda 0 0%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #131
Rockstar92
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88204
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx5 se

FF Reputation: 1 Rockstar92 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I chose honda because they piss me off. All their sporty model cars like the integra rsx civic si and what not all get stolen at some point. Plus they f'ed up with the new nsx making it half electronic awd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #132
dieselboy77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61381
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST ST3

FF Reputation: 2 dieselboy77 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkj099 View Post
VW owners view themselves as eliteists even thoguh the cars are complete piles of garbage. Oh, and "rusted out hoods on purpose" is the stupidest mod i've ever seen. Plaid headliners are a close second.

As Matrix said, they are the "apple" of the automotive industry. I dont so much as the cars as the people that drive them. Again thoguh, this doesnt mean I have every VW or every VW owner, just 98% of them
I have a volkswagen i have 85.000 miles on it and never had any problems , not sure about Us vw drivers but vw is all over the road in Europe and they built well, you should come to Europe and see how many 10+ years old vw still on the road
I say chrysler , apparently Chrysler think they cars are better quality then a BMW and Lexus yet they still have shit interiors and they dad last in reliability
Old 04-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #133
Supernaut
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85958
What I Drive: '99 Kawasaki Ninja EX500

FF Reputation: 1 Supernaut Good Standing Member
Its really hard to pick just one, but I'm going to go with Chrysler/Dodge which are unfortunately not under the same column on the poll.

Besides making so many crap cars, I hate how the company only exists on the money of fools alone. I truly believe that Chrysler customers are the least educated group of consumers out there, buying simply because a commercial told them to, or "This looks really nice" or because their great uncle Jethro told them its a good idea with a stream of tobacco juice running out the corner of his mouth. Its hard to imagine an auto company with any less going for it. I've seen ads online saying Chrysler/Dodge is the fastest growing car maker in Canada and if its even true I can only ask why????

Others I would have to say is Chevy, and the rest of GM to a lesser extent for much the same reasons but with much less intensity. I think their cars are somewhat less crap (maybe even some could be called "good"). They irk me the wrong way with a good portion of their customers being the die hard chip on their shoulder, elitist but in a redneck kind of way type.

German cars, but Mercedes in particular for their lack of reliability. Arrogant elitist customers (especially the VW ones) who look down their nose at anything non German. Meanwhile I remember seeing consumer reports rating several Mercedes models among the lest reliable vehicles you can buy...period. One year I remember the lowest of the low was a Mercedes...something or rather. The second worst that year? GM Astro/Safari Van. Its sounds like German luxury car price for Chrysler level mechanical quality. I'm not saying Consumer reports is the definitive bible. But their survey system seems much more legitimate than anything else out there and the reviews/ratings usually seem pretty well on the money compared to experience with vehicles of mine, friends, family, co-workers...etc.

Honda I have no particular love for but respect for a good reliability history. Its a shame how they no longer evolve and their imagine was severely tarnished by ricers and ricer culture to the point were most automotive enthusiasts can't take honda seriously. I was once at a road rally event and the few competing civics were thoroughly booed by the crowds of spectators as they raced by. No other kind of car there received that ovation.

Hmmm, That about does it, I'll step off my soap box now.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #134
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
I dislike both GM and Chrysler, as the Government should have let them go bankrupt!!! They really deserve to be history, especially as they continue to be run the same and make the same mistakes.

Hyundai (Kia), is also a crappy company that people really get suckered into just because of the price. People need to remember that they are also paying for the trade tariffs etc in the price of the car.....so just think how cheaply these cars are made!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #135
eliaslincoln
Black Mesa Racing

Fan#: 6025
What I Drive: 2010 C30 R-design & 2002 ZX3

FF Reputation: 11 eliaslincoln Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
i choose Toyota... mostly because i feel like they have no imagination behind any of their cars. they are so bland and boring (i know the brz just came out, but im not really the impressed to be honest)

As stated by Jeremy Clarkson, "Toyota's are for people who have given up on life, and are waiting to die to they'll have something to do."

and lastly everyone i know who does own a Toyota acts like their better then everyone else because they own one. and im not sure why.

i have other reasons too but ill leave it at that for now.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #136
Lscman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95211
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Lscman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I like Ford because they are so incredibly stubborn. How many other companies who feature high bang for buck products would spend almost 20 years developing a far more complex and costly 4 cam 32v design while FAILING to outperform their own pushrod windsor design from a HP and fuel efficiency standpoint, let alone rival mopar or mouse motors. Now if they could only attract some Mercedes and BMW buyers with fat wallets to cover the cost...good luck with that. Now hot rodders are stuck with spending 5x to go faster. I also appreciated their decision to quit making their family-friendly Aerostar and Freestar minivans in favor of the wildly unpopular and inefficient Flex. Talk about a flash in the pan and function follows form lol. This move coaxed me to consider Chrysler products for the first time. My decade old Caravan has given me over 200K trouble-free miles.

I'd rather spend my money on our own continent that are produced by USA manufacturers. I avoid buying asian or european cars, especially those made in the USA. It's an incredibly stupid idea...you get typical american workmanship, and worse, our money goes into a foreign wallet. Like any wise asian citizen, I buy domestic goods whenever possible and do my part to support our own economy. Many parts of my Cryslker and Ford are foreign, but I try to suppoort our economy and reduce the trade deficit.

As for GM, I am incredibly thankful that the government bailed them out because most loans are being repaid and they rebounded. I have no interest in feeding millions of unemployed USA industrial workers free cheese, or dealing with lost tax revenue, covering welfare and uninsured families for the next half century. The unemployed and their dependents don't just vanish off the earth or move to mexico lol.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #137
grayzx35speed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94839
What I Drive: 2006 Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 0 grayzx35speed Newbie
Mazda is eh I just hate the idiots who love the toyotas for their 'reliability' same as hondas.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #138
mitch9521
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89130
What I Drive: 2000 Red ZX3 ATX

FF Reputation: 1 mitch9521 Good Standing Member
I hate Chevrolet and VW. But I do have a soft spot for the Cobalt and 06+ Impala, so I guess I hate VW the most

My little red buzzbomb!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #139
MudMan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98752
What I Drive: 97 Explorer XLT

FF Reputation: 1 MudMan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I wouldnt really say I hate Honda but I cant stand the Cube I hate that car with a passion I just wanna ram them when ever I see one lol
Hatch Nation #86
Old 05-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #140
Nintendo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98543
What I Drive: 2000 Sedan SE Zetec

FF Reputation: 2 Nintendo Good Standing Member
Until I bought my Focus it used to be Ford, everyone told me avoid Ford, get Japanese, it was like conventional wisdom.

Now I have my Focus and I love it...next car will be another Focus or a Fusion, due to my great experience with this car.

So due to that I keep an open mind now about any car.

Granted the car I do really HATE and its not on the list is any Mercedes. I just really dislike them. Even if I was a millionaire, yeah I wish, its not my thing.

Bookmarks & Social Networks