My Ford Touch Thread - Page 133 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #1321
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
USB resumes where it left off. It did before the upgrade and still does after the upgrade. All of my songs are in the root directory.
Except for the fact that it doesn't and Ford recognizes as such, but okay.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #1322
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,245, Level 19
Points: 1,245, Level: 19 Points: 1,245, Level: 19 Points: 1,245, Level: 19
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Sorry, I meant to say, MY USB. Just sayin, but okay.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #1323
Jarn*
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87625
What I Drive: 2012, Silver Focus, Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Jarn* Good Standing Member
I am not updating

Thank you to all the people that have posted on the issues you have having after updating MFT. I am so lucky not have many problems with the "old" version.

I will not be updating.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #1324
Blizzard35
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88463
What I Drive: 2012 Lincoln MKZ AWD Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 2 Blizzard35 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
I've heard from some Canadian customers who have received their upgrade packets. It shouldn't be much longer!

Jaclyn
Thank you Jaclyn, much appreciated:O)
Old 04-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #1325
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Yet another update on my fun little bug...

Forgive me if this is a bit detailed - I kind of wrote it in 'For Dummies' style so I could accurately describe what was happening to the service dep't.

Background:
Nav system has the ability to store voice tags for each favorite when you use the Enable Nametag feature. It will save the entered name as a voice tag, e.g. 'Work' lets you say 'Destination Work' to navigate there.

Issue:
When system was updated to MFT 3.0 all the old Nav favorites were erased from the system - this is normal per the install documentation. However, when I went to re-add the old favorites it would not allow me to enable the nametags because it said they already existed in the system. Indeed, using the "Navigation > Play Nametags" voice command it would read off all my old nametags.

I tried the following - Master Reset, pulling the MFT/Sync fuses, and disconnecting the battery for about 2 hours. None erased the old nametags from the system. The dealer did all of that again and also wiped/erased the entire MFT system and re-installed the software (multiple times) and the old nametags still remained. They were able to create a new favorite, then delete it, and then the old nametags would disappear. However, as soon as they created a new favorite all the old (pre-3.0) nametags would magically re-appear.

They have talked with Ford and were informed that Ford has only seen this issue 1-2 other times.

Solution: (I hope...)
They have ordered a new APIM and will replace the current module installed in my car - hopefully tomorrow.

Today marks one week without my shiny new Focus!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 04-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #1326
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarn* View Post
Thank you to all the people that have posted on the issues you have having after updating MFT. I am so lucky not have many problems with the "old" version.

I will not be updating.
Jarn,

FWIW, don't sell yourself short. There are a lot of great benefits to updating that I personally found exceed some of the bugs that you personally may never even experience. I was originally in the same boat and was against updating but after having had enough with some of the random "Performing scheduled maintenance", slow response on the screens, etc. I decided how much worse can it be and proceeded with the update. I am very glad I did and although have experienced 1 glitch from time to time its very minor and nothing compared to the issues I had before.
If you have Nav, the improvements there make the update a must have.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #1327
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarn* View Post

I will not be updating.
ditto! my v.2.11 works just fine.. never had a problem... yeah it's a tad slow but i'll take that over all the problems i see here w/ the v3.0
NOT updating til ford fixes 3.0
Old 04-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #1328
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Jarn,

FWIW, don't sell yourself short. There are a lot of great benefits to updating that I personally found exceed some of the bugs that you personally may never even experience. I was originally in the same boat and was against updating but after having had enough with some of the random "Performing scheduled maintenance", slow response on the screens, etc. I decided how much worse can it be and proceeded with the update. I am very glad I did and although have experienced 1 glitch from time to time its very minor and nothing compared to the issues I had before.
If you have Nav, the improvements there make the update a must have.
On the other hand, he could have nothing *but* troubles. Don't tell him what to do lol If he's read the thread and has made a decision why would you try to change his mind?

If it's a discussion, I'd say he definitely could have reasoning for sticking with it. I'm glad I updated, not because I had many crashes (mine didn't crash too often), but because the speed increase is *immense*. The only problem is I wasn't having many bugs with the old system and I've experienced a large multitude now...but trade-offs are trade-offs.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #1329
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
On the other hand, he could have nothing *but* troubles. Don't tell him what to do lol If he's read the thread and has made a decision why would you try to change his mind?

If it's a discussion, I'd say he definitely could have reasoning for sticking with it. I'm glad I updated, not because I had many crashes (mine didn't crash too often), but because the speed increase is *immense*. The only problem is I wasn't having many bugs with the old system and I've experienced a large multitude now...but trade-offs are trade-offs.
That's interesting because I have almost the exact opposite experience your having. I really didn't have a long time to spend with 2.11 but in in the short few weeks I had with it, I quickly discovered a multitude of bugs which was more than frustrating to say the least. Many of which others have described 3.0 as having. I figured it can't get any worse and proceeded with my upgrade. . With the new upgrade I really haven't had anything serious. Except for one time I used the voice command by accident and when she asked for me to say a command I said cancel. She canceled and switched my AM to FM. I tried to duplicate it and couldn't. Other than that its been rock solid for me.

I guess I was just trying to let the person know that you might want to weigh your options and not just base the decision to update or not based only on what you see here. This thread is far from representing the masses of people who don't know this site exists and for all we know are extremely happy with the update.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #1330
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,216, Level 35
Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
You like to state facts that aren't really facts. You said in response to me that the overlay and highlight issues happen on startup and you can't change that... so tell me then, why did my car have the entertainment quadrant input highlighting issues before, and when I started to give the car a minute to detect my devices before hitting the entertainment button, the highlight issues no longer appear.

I've never had the issues where multiple sources have their buttons appear on the home screen at startup, but then again, I turn off my entertainment/audio portion before getting out of the car every time, so all I get is the power button graphic.

So stop telling people THEY'RE wrong because your experience is varied from theirs.

I wasn't saying my methods cure all the bugs, I was just giving some advice on how to possibly avoid some of them.

As for the USB, it seems to vary from user to user... could depend on how the file hierarchy is setup on the USB drive, or the drive itself. Even if drives are formatted the same, varying makes have had varying results on 2.11 and it seems the new 3.0 as well.
Sonic Crew #28

Bookmarks & Social Networks