2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 8 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #71
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93741
What I Drive: 04 Ex Ltd, 08 Edge Ltd, 12 FF Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Brabs_Weather Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So do they have to be removed to grease them or did they notice after they removed them?
Borla Exhaust with UltraQuiet resonator
K&N X-4870. Steeda RSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #72
bobakman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89045
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 bobakman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabs_Weather View Post
So do they have to be removed to grease them or did they notice after they removed them?
The way it was explained to me it appears so.The tech had to remove the arm to apply the grease this is what I was told. Perhaps a Ford Tech on this forum could chime in on the specifics like I hope that there is a groove or such for allowing more than a thin film to be applied and a seal to keep it all in?
Old 03-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #73
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
That's my next step. I'm expecting a call from my CSM this afternoon, so when she does give me a call, we'll go from there...
Hi Zillon,

I would like to know the status of your Focus and the visit to the dealer. Can you give me an update when you have a chance? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theos2 View Post
I...Ford Customer Service on these forums set up the appointments for me, but that didn't seem to help...
Hi theos2,

How long ago did we set up this appointment? I searched my inbox, but was unable to locate a PM from you. When you have a chance, can you re-send the PM. Appreciate it!

Thanks,

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 03-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #74
theos2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86607
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5Dr Sterling T/401/P/N/W

FF Reputation: 1 theos2 Good Standing Member
This is from last October/November. The PMs were between myself and Natasha, and she escalated my issue to Yolanda, and then we tried another dealer. Issue is still not resolved, and I get frustrated every time I visit a Ford dealer, I have decided to wait until whatever the issue is finally brakes off the car, and they have to tow back in. I can't imagine the dealer or Ford can claim this is "normal" at that point.

Natasha or Yolanda can't really provide any guidance to the tech or service department. Once they hand me off to the dealer, then the actual work is based on what the tech and the Ford Tech Hotline have to say about it. It seems like all the information available to yourself, Natasha and Yolanda collected from these forums just gets tossed out the window. Ford Customer Service sees these complaints over and over on these forums, yet when we arrive at the dealer, we are treated as this is the first time they have ever seen/heard of this, and if there isn't a TSB, very few people can get their dealer to do any work.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #75
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi Zillon,

I would like to know the status of your Focus and the visit to the dealer. Can you give me an update when you have a chance? Thanks.

Thanks,

Noemi
I have an appointment at the dealer I bought the car from, which is over an hour away from where I live. Talked with the service manager on Tuesday, had a lengthy conversation with her about my issue, and she said she'd be glad to at least take a look at it.

I also understand my CSM has been trying to get in touch with me via my home phone, I'll be sending you a PM regarding that now.

Thanks,

Zack
Old 03-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #76
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by theos2 View Post
This is from last October/November. The PMs were between myself and Natasha, and she escalated my issue to Yolanda, and then we tried another dealer. Issue is still not resolved...
Hey theos2,

I see. Thank you that information. The option to re-escalate the concern is available. If you desire to do so, please PM your VIN, phone number, mileage, and dealer information and I can begin the escalation process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
I have an appointment at the dealer I bought the car from...I also understand my CSM has been trying to get in touch with me via my home phone, I'll be sending you a PM regarding that now...
Morning Zillon,

Great to hear! I've forwarded the info you provided me to the Customer Service Manager. Please keep me posted on the results of the visit.

Take care and have a GREAT weekend!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 03-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #77
kshew97
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92075
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 kshew97 Good Standing Member
Well, the dealership had my car since Wednesday, and guess what?

IT'S NORMAL !!!

The sound I am hearing is a result of the type of sway bars and suspension they use and there is nothing that can be done!?

AMAZING!!

On top of the fact my window is busted and not being fixed due to having window tint, I believe I will be looking for cars this weekend. I have never experienced anything like this before in my life....As much as I hate to say it, Honda goes the extra mile to keep their customers happy. I cannot believe everything is excuses and BS on a NEW car with only 4500 miles on it!!
Old 03-31-2012, 01:52 PM   #78
bobakman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89045
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 bobakman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshew97 View Post

IT'S NORMAL !!!

The sound I am hearing is a result of the type of sway bars and suspension they use and there is nothing that can be done!?

AMAZING!!

On top of the fact my window is busted and not being fixed due to having window tint, I believe I will be looking for cars this weekend. I have never experienced anything like this before in my life....As much as I hate to say it, Honda goes the extra mile to keep their customers happy. I cannot believe everything is excuses and BS on a NEW car with only 4500 miles on it!!
That's totally unacceptable. I can't believe that their response was such. I thought that a "quiet" vehicle was one of most manufactures design critera??
I can tell you that so far my clunk is still gone after the left lower control arm replacement and now I am left with the "bucket of marbles" sound from the transmission. I sent a PM to Noemi in hopes that it can be eliminated.
I had a 2004 Toyota Camry that this car replaced and it was in the shop "0" ZERO times for any issues in the 95K I owned it.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #79
theos2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86607
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5Dr Sterling T/401/P/N/W

FF Reputation: 1 theos2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshew97 View Post

IT'S NORMAL !!!

AMAZING!!

Welcome to the club. Most of us have heard the same thing from our dealers. In a way I hope this issue causes more damage in the long term, and costs Ford a lot of $$ as a result of not willing to aknowledge that this is not "normal" behavior. I have no faith in Ford or their service departments at this point in time.

Expect Ford customer care to suggest you visit a different dealer to have your issue fixed. In these boards this is "customer care". Instead of addressing the issue and educating the tech at the dealership to ensure that this does not occur with other customers, it becomes your responsibility to find a dealer/tech that can aknowledge the issue and have the know how to actually fix it. How pathetic is that in this day and age?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #80
Bradl1982
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 91343
What I Drive: 2012 Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Bradl1982 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi Zillon;

May I inquire into the status of your Focus? Was the issue rectified by the dealership? Thanks!

Hello 12 F-O-C-U-S,

Let's change that to a and make this the great experience you desire! Please make an appointment with your dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Hey kshew97 & Bradl1982,

Taking your Focus to the dealer is a great first step. When you do visit the dealer, please send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal, and dealer contact info so I can begin the escalation process to the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Thanks,

Noemi
Hi Noemi,

Tried to pm you but your box is full. I brought my car in today for an oil change and told them about the noise the car is making. 2012 Focus VIN 1FAHP3N21CL240418 mileage 7800. They were very friendly but when I went to pick up the car I got the old generic dealership service department answer of "we couldn't recreate the noise". The noise isn't obvious but it is there. I heard it on the drive home. I took the car to Auffenberg Ford in O'Fallon, IL. If you need my info you can pm me.
Thanks!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->