DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 90 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #891
hoffmanr09
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89468
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus se

FF Reputation: 1 hoffmanr09 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a TSB on the hardware side of the transmission? I know there are a few already in the software/firmware side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
Took her out on the highway today for my commute to work and it still is SO much better. My car feels like it's new!

Driving through my office complex was better too (at low speeds).

Good job, Ford, on the update!
Do you have the same clutch system as your previous clutch now? Im trying to gain some info to help fix the shudder I have. Plus so when im at the dealership I have done my education ;) Was your ultimate shudder and poor acceleration due because ur build date had a bad clutch system ? Id like to see how it drives after the 1000-2000k break in because my car drove much better during the update period than now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #892
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmanr09 View Post
Do you have the same clutch system as your previous clutch now? Im trying to gain some info to help fix the shudder I have. Plus so when im at the dealership I have done my education ;) Was your ultimate shudder and poor acceleration due because ur build date had a bad clutch system ? Id like to see how it drives after the 1000-2000k break in because my car drove much better during the update period than now.
My entire clutch assembly was replaced. So I'm assuming it's the new version. My tech said the reason why I had shudder is because fluid was leaking into the clutch assembly. But I'm sure it's a combo of that, the new clutch design, and the update.

So for me it's really a tremendous improvement.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #893
Red 2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85244
What I Drive: 2012 candy red SEL; 2005 Freestyle

FF Reputation: 1 Red 2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
I had the upgrade done to my car yesterday while I took it in for an oil change. MAJOR improvement. I am happy.
And guess what???? you didn't have to do the 1000 mile BS "break in" ... someone should tell me again if the 1000 mile break in applies only to dog version transmissions.

I'm at four days at dealer service ... and counting.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #894
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
Should we be PMing you if we get this done, or just if we have issues with our dealer, mine has the issue but it is minor enough that I am just waiting until i go in for a oil change and don't expect any issues with my dealer doing it.
Hey darkangelism;

You may PM the requested info if your Focus is experiencing symptoms similar to the ones stated on the thread. Once I have escalated the concern, the CSM in your area will contact you to address your concern and make sure you have made an appointment with the local Ford dealership to have the issue addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
Took her out on the highway today for my commute to work and it still is SO much better. My car feels like it's new!
Driving through my office complex was better too (at low speeds).
Good job, Ford, on the update!
me200,

Woop !

Ahhhh...so love to hear this. Happy cruizin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 2012 View Post
...I'm at four days at dealer service...and counting.
Hi Red 2012,

I'll be more than happy to escalate your concern to the Customer Service Manager in your area. Send me a PM with the requested info to begin the process.

Take care all!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #895
FrostedG
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97068
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SFE

FF Reputation: 1 FrostedG Good Standing Member
Request the 12-1-4 or not?

I guess I should start by saying I'm a relatively new 2012 Focus owner. I've had my SFE for 3 months and have 4500 miles on it (build date is 15.08.2011). And I have the Automated DCT

I took a couple test drives and was impressed by the overall driving characteristics of the car. This is also the first time in 19 years that I've owned a vehicle with an automatic transmission of any kind.

I've noticed a few oddities after I had the car for a few days. The oddities persist to this day.
1. There is a VERY slight shudder when the car shifts at slow speeds (meaning low RPM and low gear). Accompanying the shudder is what sounds like a heat shield rattle.

2. Initial acceleration from a stop is inconsistent. Sometimes it starts off smoothly. Sometimes there is a sudden acceleration. This is all with about the same amount of foot pressure on the accelerator.

Other than that, the transmission seems to perform just fine. Throttle response is good. Shifting is reasonably smooth. All the varying responses to the 12-1-4 TSB has me wondering. When I go in for my first maintenance, should I request the TSB be applied -or- specifically request that the dealer DOES NOT apply it?
Old 03-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #896
bobakman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89045
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 bobakman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostedG View Post
I guess I should start by saying I'm a relatively new 2012 Focus owner. I've had my SFE for 3 months and have 4500 miles on it (build date is 15.08.2011). And I have the Automated DCT

I took a couple test drives and was impressed by the overall driving characteristics of the car. This is also the first time in 19 years that I've owned a vehicle with an automatic transmission of any kind.

I've noticed a few oddities after I had the car for a few days. The oddities persist to this day.
1. There is a VERY slight shudder when the car shifts at slow speeds (meaning low RPM and low gear). Accompanying the shudder is what sounds like a heat shield rattle.

2. Initial acceleration from a stop is inconsistent. Sometimes it starts off smoothly. Sometimes there is a sudden acceleration. This is all with about the same amount of foot pressure on the accelerator.

Other than that, the transmission seems to perform just fine. Throttle response is good. Shifting is reasonably smooth. All the varying responses to the 12-1-4 TSB has me wondering. When I go in for my first maintenance, should I request the TSB be applied -or- specifically request that the dealer DOES NOT apply it?
Ditto.Well sounds like your focus is a clone of mine. When the shop forman at my delership rode with me he said that the noises were "normal" as far as it related to the DCT since I have never owned a vehicle with this type of transmission I can't say that he is wrong. I also get the ocasional shudder and vehicle rolling backwards on slight inclines but these are intermittent prior to the TSB update they were much more prevelant.
Metallic Clunking Noises from the suspension were not normal and my left lower control arm was replaced so far that noise has not returned.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #897
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 2012 View Post
And guess what???? you didn't have to do the 1000 mile BS "break in" ... someone should tell me again if the 1000 mile break in applies only to dog version transmissions.
The "break-in" process applies to 2 things:

1) Clutch break-in
2) TCM "learning"
Old 03-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #898
Tumdace
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88175
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium, Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 Tumdace Good Standing Member
So my car was built August 31 according to my dealer but I know I have this issue. I am at 5000KM right now.

Taking the car in to the dealer Tuesday. What should I tell them to get this fixed? Just print out the TSB?
Old 03-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #899
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumdace View Post
So my car was built August 31 according to my dealer but I know I have this issue. I am at 5000KM right now.

Taking the car in to the dealer Tuesday. What should I tell them to get this fixed? Just print out the TSB?
Apparently most dealers don't respond to you telling them there's a TSB. You have to describe the symptoms that are covered by the TSB and don't take no for an answer. Tell them you've driven other Focus's and they don't do what yours does so you know it's not normal and you won't pick it back up until the shuddering is gone.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #900
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Apparently most dealers don't respond to you telling them there's a TSB. You have to describe the symptoms that are covered by the TSB and don't take no for an answer. Tell them you've driven other Focus's and they don't do what yours does so you know it's not normal and you won't pick it back up until the shuddering is gone.
This...my dealer adviser refused to even look at the papers I brought with the TSB on it and only took my description of the problems. Luckily they applied the TSB anyways.

Bookmarks & Social Networks