Giving myself a bad review. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50465
What I Drive: 2001 Blue Zx3

FF Reputation: 6 bennyfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Thumbs down Giving myself a bad review.

I recently backed out of a deal I made with someone and I feel terrible about it and I dont want it to ever seem like it was intentional or that I'm some huge ass hole. I will try and make this as brief and short as possible.

I have had my motorcycle fs/ft on here for awhile now and a member on here sent me a pm very eager to trade me his 2002 SVT for my bike. We talked for a day or two via phone conversations and txt's. After awhile we decided to do the trade and decided I would trailer it almost 13 hrs to his house which I was fine with. On the 26th I asked for his registration, drivers license, and title to be faxed to me so I could show it to a notary here to make sure everything would be ok and make sure I had enough info to not have any problems. He called me and said he wasnt sure what was wrong but for some reason the title said "not actual mileage". At which point I was slightly turned off but I asked for him to fax it anyway, sure enough right on the front of the title it said "not actual mileage'". I ran an autocheck on it and it showed up not once but twice as not actual mileage. Now i'm not accusing him of lieing I understand what happened and how this mistake was made and I expressed that I would like to see if it could be fixed. He tried but the best answer he got from the DMV was its 10 years old so mileage is now exempt from disclosure on the title. At this point in time I should have said I'm sorry but I'm no longer interested but I didn't and we kept the time setup to trade early the morning of the 31st.

Later that afternoon one of the owners at my work asked me what I was doing with my motorcycle over the weekend that I needed to take off. I told him I was trading it for this car at which point he had said he wished he had known I was getting rid of it that he was very interested in it. After some talking he made me an offer that was very hard to refuse. I thought about it all evening and night the 26th and all day the 27th untill I finally accepted the afternoon of the 28th. The main reason I took the owners offer besides the fact it was saving me 26hrs of driving was the fact that the more I thought about the title being branded the more I realized it seriously hurt the resale value of the SVT. I didnt have immediate plans of selling the car but if the need were to come up I didnt want to get less than the value of my bike.

So now all of that out of the way I text the person I was going to trade with late the evening of the 28th letting him know that I got an offer from my boss I just couldnt refuse and I apologized. I cant stress this enough I am VERY sorry and I hate that I did back out but I think anyone in my shoes would have made the same decision. I did text him and I did not call obviously because I was ashamed and embarrased to have to back out of this deal. He obviously and understandably was very upset and he informed me that he had just bought matching riding gear for the bike off of craigslist and now he was out all of the money and not me. At this point I feel even worse, believe me I do, so I apologize again. Even though I know he most likely spent more I asked if he had paypal and if I sent him $100 if it would help at all. I can fully understand why he is so pissed at me and I have yet to hear back but I am completely willing to send him the money for his inconvinence I caused him.

If he wants to be named he can come in here and comment or bash me thats fine I deserve it. If anyone else would like to tell me I'm a douchebag for pulling out of a deal thats fine I deserve it. At the end of the day I would like to try and make it as right as possible and I think the offer of $100 is fair. Honestly I'm sure its more than most would offer because I'm sorry but I never make an anticipated purchase off of a transaction that has not been finished yet. I'm sorry I caused you to be out however much you spent on the gear but you didnt even have the bike yet.

I dont know what else to say except that I'm sorry and it was an ignorant move on my part to go back on the deal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
VenomRogue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 24506
What I Drive: a Volvo??!?

FF Reputation: 11 VenomRogue Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyfocus View Post
I recently backed out of a deal I made with someone and I feel terrible about it and I dont want it to ever seem like it was intentional or that I'm some huge ass hole. I will try and make this as brief and short as possible.

I have had my motorcycle fs/ft on here for awhile now and a member on here sent me a pm very eager to trade me his 2002 SVT for my bike. We talked for a day or two via phone conversations and txt's. After awhile we decided to do the trade and decided I would trailer it almost 13 hrs to his house which I was fine with. On the 26th I asked for his registration, drivers license, and title to be faxed to me so I could show it to a notary here to make sure everything would be ok and make sure I had enough info to not have any problems. He called me and said he wasnt sure what was wrong but for some reason the title said "not actual mileage". At which point I was slightly turned off but I asked for him to fax it anyway, sure enough right on the front of the title it said "not actual mileage'". I ran an autocheck on it and it showed up not once but twice as not actual mileage. Now i'm not accusing him of lieing I understand what happened and how this mistake was made and I expressed that I would like to see if it could be fixed. He tried but the best answer he got from the DMV was its 10 years old so mileage is now exempt from disclosure on the title. At this point in time I should have said I'm sorry but I'm no longer interested but I didn't and we kept the time setup to trade early the morning of the 31st.

Later that afternoon one of the owners at my work asked me what I was doing with my motorcycle over the weekend that I needed to take off. I told him I was trading it for this car at which point he had said he wished he had known I was getting rid of it that he was very interested in it. After some talking he made me an offer that was very hard to refuse. I thought about it all evening and night the 26th and all day the 27th untill I finally accepted the afternoon of the 28th. The main reason I took the owners offer besides the fact it was saving me 26hrs of driving was the fact that the more I thought about the title being branded the more I realized it seriously hurt the resale value of the SVT. I didnt have immediate plans of selling the car but if the need were to come up I didnt want to get less than the value of my bike.

So now all of that out of the way I text the person I was going to trade with late the evening of the 28th letting him know that I got an offer from my boss I just couldnt refuse and I apologized. I cant stress this enough I am VERY sorry and I hate that I did back out but I think anyone in my shoes would have made the same decision. I did text him and I did not call obviously because I was ashamed and embarrased to have to back out of this deal. He obviously and understandably was very upset and he informed me that he had just bought matching riding gear for the bike off of craigslist and now he was out all of the money and not me. At this point I feel even worse, believe me I do, so I apologize again. Even though I know he most likely spent more I asked if he had paypal and if I sent him $100 if it would help at all. I can fully understand why he is so pissed at me and I have yet to hear back but I am completely willing to send him the money for his inconvinence I caused him.

If he wants to be named he can come in here and comment or bash me thats fine I deserve it. If anyone else would like to tell me I'm a douchebag for pulling out of a deal thats fine I deserve it. At the end of the day I would like to try and make it as right as possible and I think the offer of $100 is fair. Honestly I'm sure its more than most would offer because I'm sorry but I never make an anticipated purchase off of a transaction that has not been finished yet. I'm sorry I caused you to be out however much you spent on the gear but you didnt even have the bike yet.

I dont know what else to say except that I'm sorry and it was an ignorant move on my part to go back on the deal.

not something you read every day....props to you for posting about it....

douchebag

quoted so you cant delete it

Yes, I have issues.

Next question.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50465
What I Drive: 2001 Blue Zx3

FF Reputation: 6 bennyfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomRogue View Post
quoted so you cant delete it

I have no intentions of deleting it, I want everyone to know what happened. I know this kid is mad at me and I know bad rep spreads faster than good so I just want to be up front and clear with everything that happened.

Also he emailed me his paypal this morning and I just sent him the money.

I made this as right as I could and I hope everyone understands that I'm not here to be an or back out of deals. I just simply got a much better and way closer to home offer. I fully accept again that I'm the douchebag in this situation but like I said, if I would have known about the title issue upfront this never would have gone past those first PM's.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
sporadic
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12724
What I Drive: 06 Sonic Blue ZX5 SES turbo

FF Reputation: 61 sporadic Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Sell to who hands you the cash. The only issue I see here is poor communication.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
jetrinka
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45622
What I Drive: 88 5-speed XR4TI

FF Reputation: 180 jetrinka Excellent Standing Member jetrinka Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
^^^This
Old 03-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
ElectricAL
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71376
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST

FF Reputation: 2 ElectricAL Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
All I can say is if I were on the other end of it, I'd probably be a little disappointed and then get over it. That's life. And then I'd be happy that I got $100 out it which didn't necessarily have to come my way. Decently handled, Benny.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
PumkinSvt
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 46561
What I Drive: 10 Forte DD,Comp SVTF, 14 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 28 PumkinSvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (33)
Not your fault at all. You did let him know that you had gotten a better offer. Also he should of waited till he had the bike in his posession to buy matching riding gear.

HKS||Garrett||TopSpeed||Tial||Massive||
Old 03-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
Foci-runner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95625
What I Drive: 02 SVTF/ 03 Turbo EAP/ 01 S2 (DD)

FF Reputation: 1 Foci-runner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
As the seller it is completely your choice as to who you want to sell to. You have the right to make that choice no matter the circumstances. Sure you could have let him know sooner- so what. You could have even waited later too but you didn't. Props to you for not only posting this but for also being willing to send the guy some money to recooperate the cost of the riding gear he bought.

Honestly in my own opinion, I think he should have waited to buy the gear until after he had received the bike, then again he may have found a great deal and didn't want to lose out on it. You went out of your way to try and make things right with him by sending him money. There should be no shame in this post. Understandably he was probably upset but, hopefully he wouldn't come out on here and bash you. That would be very immature. It's your stuff- take the best deal out there.

Rep awarded for this post.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
LouBomb
It was all a DREAM!

Fan#: 32545
What I Drive: A magical pony by the name of Sally

FF Reputation: 9 LouBomb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
this took balls. props to you.
Focus Revolution Club
Formely IMPORTKILLA35
Old 03-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
bringler26
FUBARCUS

Fan#: 59705
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 & 07 Impreza 2.5i

FF Reputation: 29 bringler26 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I don't think you are a D-bag at all. I think you made a smart decision that unfortunately didn't work ot for the other guy. I honestly think just the fact that you are posting all this makes you seem like a better person than you are acting like.
Originally Posted by zetecDon View Post
I always moderate naked!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->