TSB 12-02-17 - Steering issue - New TSB? - Page 8 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #71
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
I just had an accident last night which i'm extremely confident is related to that issue. Get your stuff fixed up guys or you might end up in the same hole as me =(
Very sorry to hear that.

Everyone, please get this fixed if you even think you're having the issue. If you think you have the issue, you probably do! It's worth losing your car for a few days to not get in an accident. I myself have had a few close calls and felt extremely nervous when in between 2 semis or large vehicles.

I of course will update the group when I get my car back... Can't wait to have improved steering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #72
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Well I just emailed the service manager. I do not think I should have to take my car in for them to drive it before they order these parts. My word should be enough since the TSB already exists. I will let everyone know once I hear back from him.

If they are trying to frustrate me they have succeeded.
Well after a call to the service manager, my replacement parts are on order. He said there was no reason to bring the car there just to have them drive it when there is already a TSB for this issue. So finally something that went right.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #73
me2000
Focus Addict

Just picked up my car... Steering is VERY much improved! It's much tighter and refined. I feel a lot more confident now.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #74
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
Just picked up my car... Steering is VERY much improved! It's much tighter and refined. I feel a lot more confident now.
Great news! I hope they get my parts soon and I am not waiting for several weeks.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #75
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Well after a call to the service manager, my replacement parts are on order. He said there was no reason to bring the car there just to have them drive it when there is already a TSB for this issue. So finally something that went right.
Awesome!. Thats the way it's supposed to go down..
Old 03-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #76
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,143, Level 34
Points: 3,143, Level: 34 Points: 3,143, Level: 34 Points: 3,143, Level: 34
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrohead View Post
...When I drive on the freeway (especially on the "striped" concrete they use here in MI for cold weather) the car feels like it's quickly drifting left or right with no steering input, but doesn't seem to happen on smoother asphalt surfaces...
Quote:
Seems I just keep running into issues that are common. I have noticed this wandering at hwy speeds, but also at slower speeds (25-45 mph)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcinnc View Post
I've called my dealer service mgr and told them about my steering and it's at 65+ mph and on cement interstate driving. I just received back that they ordered the parts for fixing this and will take it in when they call me that the parts are in....
Hi pedrohead, xpartmgr & dcinnc;

I can arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to do so, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
... My Ford Focus TSB experience was far from that. I actually got an email from my salesman asking how things were going with the new car and I told him what I was experiencing with the steering and included the TSB...thanked me for helping him out with the troubleshooting (He jokingly said. Hey thanks for doing our job for us. lol because they assumed I looked up the TSB).... Issue 100% resolved!.
All that to say that the individual dealerships play a big part in the overall customer experience.
Dysan911,

Love coming across dealership accolade stories! Thank you for posting your great experience. Enjoy your Focus.

Quote:
Quote:
I haven't gotten the car back... I should have it back by Wednesday, but as you can see throughout this thread, it has helped many others...
Hello again me2000,

Sweeeetttt!!!!!

Let me know if I can assist in the future; oh, and thanks for the excellent advice and recommendation to your fellow poster. It's appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
I just had an accident last night which i'm extremely confident is related to that issue. Get your stuff fixed up guys or you might end up in the same hole as me =(
Hi KaputtEqu1pment,

Happy to know that you're ok. Please give our Customer Relationship Center a call at 1-800-392-3673 in order to have the accident documented and escalated to the appropriate department.

Take care everyone!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 03-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #77
me2000
Focus Addict

Just wanted to add... On my commute to and from work I noticed a DRAMATIC difference. My arms don't feel tired from steering... :) It stayed very firm and tight... it was even windy today.

1000% improvement. And the tollway I use has the cement...
Old 03-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #78
Shahe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91168
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus Titanium 5Dr

FF Reputation: 1 Shahe Good Standing Member
My car has the swaying issues on cement highways so i'm looking forward to using this TSB. I tried getting them to fix it a month ago but they test drove it and reported "no problems." Guess they test drove it on asphalt...
Old 03-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #79
dcinnc
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96223
What I Drive: 2012 Sedan SEL Platinum White

FF Reputation: 1 dcinnc Good Standing Member
This is what really gets my goat about some of the Ford dealership, they love to sell you anything, but when service is required they act like it's coming out of their pocket. Now a TSB should make any Service Mgr. take note, especially when the customer comes in with the TSB #.

I know that years back Ford cut back on repair times for dealers and many of them just don't want to do warranty work. Then some make their living at doing service work.You can read each posting on here and tell who has dealt with a good Ford Dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahe View Post
My car has the swaying issues on cement highways so i'm looking forward to using this TSB. I tried getting them to fix it a month ago but they test drove it and reported "no problems." Guess they test drove it on asphalt...
This posting tells me this a bad service dept.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #80
dcinnc
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96223
What I Drive: 2012 Sedan SEL Platinum White

FF Reputation: 1 dcinnc Good Standing Member
Anyone out there waiting to have this done, but parts are on back order?

Bookmarks & Social Networks