TSB 12-02-17 - Steering issue - New TSB? - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #61
dcinnc
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96223
What I Drive: 2012 Sedan SEL Platinum White

FF Reputation: 1 dcinnc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've called my dealer service mgr and told them about my steering and it's at 65+ mph and on cement interstate driving. I just received back that they ordered the parts for fixing this and will take it in when they call me that the parts are in.

I do think that the new electric steering, bigger tires (17") and road surfaces plus speed of 65+ makes this condition. I think anyone else that is having this steering issue at 45 mph or under has a tire issue or possible rims out of round. Having the front end realigned might help also.

My build date was March 2011

Last edited by dcinnc; 03-27-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #62
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcinnc View Post
I've called my dealer service mgr and told them about my steering and it's at 65+ mph and on cement interstate driving. I just received back that they ordered the parts for fixing this and will take it in when they call me that the parts are in.

I do think that the new electric steering, bigger tires (17") and road surfaces plus speed of 65+ makes this condition. I think anyone else that is having this steering issue at 45 mph or under has a tire issue or possible rims out of round. Having the front end realigned might help also.

My build date was March 2012
Of course they want me to drop it off and they drive it to replicate the issue BEFORE they do anything. Of course it will not do it for their short test drive and they will tell me how unless they can replicate it they can not fix it....even though there is a TSB about it! I f'ing hate this crap! I paid a lot of money for this car and it has been in the shop twice in the last month. Now they want me to drop it off AGAIN just to drive it! I mean it does it, why can they not believe what I am saying and simply order the parts? I am getting tired of the issues on this NEW car.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #63
dcinnc
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96223
What I Drive: 2012 Sedan SEL Platinum White

FF Reputation: 1 dcinnc Good Standing Member
You need to get up with the General Mgr or the owner and tell him your story. This is why customers don't like Ford Customer Care. Too many of these dealers let the Service Dept make the calls on doing service work. kind of makes you think they get a bonus or a star on the forehead for each service call they can avoid..
Old 03-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #64
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Of course they want me to drop it off and they drive it to replicate the issue BEFORE they do anything. Of course it will not do it for their short test drive and they will tell me how unless they can replicate it they can not fix it....even though there is a TSB about it! I f'ing hate this crap! I paid a lot of money for this car and it has been in the shop twice in the last month. Now they want me to drop it off AGAIN just to drive it! I mean it does it, why can they not believe what I am saying and simply order the parts? I am getting tired of the issues on this NEW car.
I don't know from experience (yet!) on the new Focus but I had the impression from many other posts that as long as your description of the problem you're experiencing matches the symptom(s) listed in the TSB, the dealer will be happy to apply the TSB update for you. I mean, they're getting paid by Ford to apply the update so they should be happy to do it. Maybe the dealer you're going to has too much work as it is or is lazy and you should try another one.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #65
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
I don't know from experience (yet!) on the new Focus but I had the impression from many other posts that as long as your description of the problem you're experiencing matches the symptom(s) listed in the TSB, the dealer will be happy to apply the TSB update for you. I mean, they're getting paid by Ford to apply the update so they should be happy to do it. Maybe the dealer you're going to has too much work as it is or is lazy and you should try another one.
That was my experience!. I too thought I was going to get the run around about how they have to be able to recreate the issue. This was exactly what Toyota did to me on every TSB I had an issue with. I was like, why bother having TSB if now the owner has the burden of proof with the individual dealerships. My Ford Focus TSB experience was far from that. I actually got an email from my salesman asking how things were going with the new car and I told him what I was experiencing with the steering and included the TSB. He told me he was having his Service manager looking into it and before the day was over I got a call from a Service manager who told me they ordered the parts, thanked me for helping him out with the troubleshooting (He jokingly said. Hey thanks for doing our job for us. lol because they assumed I looked up the TSB). So they ordered the parts no questions asked and called me when the parts came in.
Once I got the call to bring my car in they put me in a rental and I got my car back same day. Issue 100% resolved!.

All that to say that the individual dealerships play a big part in the overall customer experience.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #66
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
I too have had no issues with TSBs are issues in general. I haven't gotten the run around once!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #67
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
I too have had no issues with TSBs are issues in general. I haven't gotten the run around once!
Well I just emailed the service manager. I do not think I should have to take my car in for them to drive it before they order these parts. My word should be enough since the TSB already exists. I will let everyone know once I hear back from him.

If they are trying to frustrate me they have succeeded.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #68
KaputtEqu1pment
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91122
What I Drive: 2012 Triple Plat White Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 1 KaputtEqu1pment Good Standing Member
I just had an accident last night which i'm extremely confident is related to that issue. Get your stuff fixed up guys or you might end up in the same hole as me =(
Old 03-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #69
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
I just had an accident last night which i'm extremely confident is related to that issue. Get your stuff fixed up guys or you might end up in the same hole as me =(
Damn! Sorry to hear that. At least you are alright. Do you mind sharing the details?
Old 03-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #70
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Damn! Sorry to hear that. At least you are alright. Do you mind sharing the details?
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283349

Bookmarks & Social Networks