New SVT...completley screwed (edit: not completely screwed anymore) - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #61
macdiesel
I used to drive this

Fan#: 31579
What I Drive: 2010 mazdaspeed3

FF Reputation: 21 macdiesel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
Reading this thread gave me a headache.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #62
red_devil_04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 71963
What I Drive: 2004 Vermillian Red SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 red_devil_04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focus_family View Post
Yeah we changed the TPS. It helped a little bit with our hanging idle. Still has a little bit of an issue with idle. But our friend with a SVT said that his sounds the same way.

Sounds good. Heck some of that stuff you can probably do without Josh. The fan resistor is super simple. I think your Dad was the one that pulled it out anyhow lol.
I had a similar problem with my normal zetec about the idle issues. i tried a new tps and it helped a little as you said but i also replaced the idle air control valve and that helped it completely. hopefully that's a little useful haha.
Sedan Revolution #182/NW Posse #40
Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
Dr. Seuss
Old 03-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #63
fakitol
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63209
What I Drive: 01 zx3 mtx,04 svt,01 zx3 atx, 02svt

FF Reputation: 1 fakitol Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0sitivevibez View Post
Yup a HUGE thanks to the focus family for their expertise and help! I feel a billion times better. Can't believe I was ready to sell it off... I really appreciate yours and the forums help!! I owe ya'll big time.

Anyways, I've got me a list of what I gotta order tomorrow morning -
-Waterpump
-Thermostat and housing (will prob grab the Contour upgraded so this doesn't ever become an issue again!)
-Right transmission mount
-cooling fan resistor
-prestone radiator flush kit
-OEM coolant
-OEM Front o2 sensor
-cheater for rear o2 (will solder that myself!)
-flexpipe and gasket
-rear swaybar linkage
-spark plugs
-seafoam (clean that mofo up)
-headlight restore kit
-balljoint

so happy this car is salvagable, huge thanks to everyone again! and to Josh and fam for making huge trip down to Poolesville to help me out

And to New Jersey dude - didn't think your post was rude at all, I appreciated the honesty!! There were some issues I should've known about before I bought it. Too late now, just gotta fix it up. Thing had some ghetto rigged stuff going on with it...the "de-ricing" is in motion :) I thought it was Clifton, but it's really Wallington. I didn't really know any better don't know NJ for anything.
At the day of sale (I think), I passed by you (one donut tire on yours) on the parking lot. I was about to stop but didn't my bad. The guy was expecting a baby, the reason for sale. Don't know how the car ended in Wallington, he lives in Clifton. Goood Luck with the car, if need some advice feel free to ask FF for anything. I was going to buy the car, but 5th Focus in the house is overkill for the wifie :)
Old 03-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #64
loc0gring0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85659
What I Drive: not enough spaces to list all

FF Reputation: 1 loc0gring0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
wow.. i just read this for the first time and i was on my way to buy this car cause it was on the cheaper side but after i talked to the person he seemed weird about the car when you asked him direct questions about the car... the price he wanted kind lead to the first red flag.. sorry to hear man
04 saleen n2o weekend warrior
Old 03-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #65
p0sitivevibez
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11223
What I Drive: SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 p0sitivevibez Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Ah the gas station where I tried to pump my own gas is where you must've saw me!!

Yeah I had them put the real tire back on and inflate it and had oil changed in Clifton I think? It went flat again around Philly.

Huge ups to Focus_Family, who thanks to them my car is running better than ever! Tranny mount was changed, spark plugs, ebay pos intake gone, and some other goodies. No more hanging or weird behavior. Little misfire, gonna do fresh OEM front o2 sensor, cheater for rear (either electronic one or spark plug fouler), Countour thermostat housing from Steve@Tousley and water pump, althought current water pump might still have some legs. The original mechanic said the flex was broken but it's too damn low to get a good look at it now. Will have to jack it up and see for myself. Hopefully that cures the misfire. Also new fan resistor is coming in and will flush the tranny fluid and radiator out this weekend as well. Agin HUGE thanks to the Focus_family (and they love theirs!) because Moesha would be SOL without them! Also got Moog swaybar link coming in, as one of mine is missing.

The seller didn't know anything about anything with the car, and I couldn't understand him well since he's from Poland. I wanted this car soo bad it clouded my judgement, but she's mine now and come hell or high water, she will be driveable.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #66
p0sitivevibez
Focus Fanatic

OK car is driving, but not great.

Compression test was good. But there is a burning clutch/rubber smell still that scares me. Fan resistor replaced and fans are working. Throttle sticking but not as bad as before. Sometimes it revs up in neutral. Almost died when I turned the AC on sitting at a stop light. I went to replace the PCV valve last night and the v-shaped hose was so brittle it broke off, so I need one of those. Was gonna take to my buddys shop this morning but can't with the PCV valve like that. Flex pipe is broken but I bought another off of here. There is a pretty remarkable loss of power. I think that might be the flex pipe broken, the bad front o2 sensor and maybe a vacuum leak. Clutch/brake fluid resvoir cap was broken, have another coming in.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #67
jwill2489
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78236
What I Drive: 2003 SVT JRSC w/BBK

FF Reputation: 4 jwill2489 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sounds like thread needs to change from completely screwed to semi screwed
Old 03-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #68
bespurcell
Focus Addict

Fan#: 60917
What I Drive: 2003 black svt

FF Reputation: 2 bespurcell Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sounds like you're learning a lot about how a car works and how to fix it.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #69
p0sitivevibez
Focus Fanatic

Yeah, it's going into my buddy's shop tomorrow, time to get it right lol. And yes it's only semi-screwed, its driveable now, just very slow and loud.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:12 AM   #70
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwill2489 View Post
Sounds like thread needs to change from completely screwed to semi screwed
He he he

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->