My Ford Touch Thread - Page 114 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #1131
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88545
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
thanks for one solution.

i still want to try my battery disconnect as i have about 20 favorites saved. don't feel like force rebooting mft 20 times or so to fix everything, rather just recreate it all with no associations.

one thing i noticed with mft v3 is that it didn't allow me to put spaces in between the words when i tried to name my favorites. it would force me to name places:

"movietheater" as opposed to "movie theater" (thus not allowing me to name some places the same name i had them in v 2.11). as another poster put it, just recreating my favorites on v3 turned into frustration.
Thats odd about the spacing, Ill have to try that one mine. Just FYI you wouldn't have to reboot the system for each Favorite. Just recreate all your favorites (the ones that you can) then reboot once. It should re connect all of them, it did with mine. I only had 3 though.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #1132
Fuzzy Logic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91597
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Met Tri Ti HB

FF Reputation: 2 Fuzzy Logic Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullwingdmc View Post
Thats odd about the spacing, Ill have to try that one mine. Just FYI you wouldn't have to reboot the system for each Favorite. Just recreate all your favorites (the ones that you can) then reboot once. It should re connect all of them, it did with mine. I only had 3 though.
yeah, i was going to name one of my recreated favorites and the space bar was grayed out. i was . it would allow me to type letters, but not put spaces. gave up for the night as i didn't feel like trouble shooting it. if i can, i'll video tape it tomorrow so people can see what i'm talking about.

if disconnecting the battery (and hopefully erasing everything) works, i'll have no real qualms with the upgrade.

i'll also see if this resets the favorites 1 & 2 on the steering wheel. right now, they stayed the same as what i had in v 2.11 (favorite places & poi). hopefully me troubleshooting will help someone else down the line.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:57 AM   #1133
jeb5000
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95481
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jeb5000 Good Standing Member
Nothing in space for USB in package. I assumed because I already had the upgrade done at dealer. Called Ford and they are sending me a USB stick to use. I always have one on my key chain so I thought having a Ford one would be nice.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:31 AM   #1134
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb5000 View Post
Nothing in space for USB in package. I assumed because I already had the upgrade done at dealer. Called Ford and they are sending me a USB stick to use. I always have one on my key chain so I thought having a Ford one would be nice.
Huh... Makes me wonder if those of us who upgraded via smr and reported it before we got a package will get one now. Id like to hope that out of this upgrade fiasco, I at least come away with a free usb stick.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 03-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #1135
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Well, now that more and more are getting their Nav cards, and I don't know if this one is already here and I just missed it, but anyone not getting the street name up in the Nav bar when switching from Nav to Ent screens? 100% repreatable for me. If I go from Nav to either of the other two screens it is there, just not Nav to Ent. If I go from Ent to home and back to Ent it comes back.

Also, since I can't seem to find my old manual for Nav right now, anyone know how to get rid of the start markers from old routes? I tested the new system right after I got my new card and now the two spots I was in when I initiated a couple of routes still have "S" markers there even the routes have long since been completed. Gotta dig a little deeper around the house this weekend and see if I can find my manual.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #1136
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,264, Level 19
Points: 1,264, Level: 19 Points: 1,264, Level: 19 Points: 1,264, Level: 19
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Huh... Makes me wonder if those of us who upgraded via smr and reported it before we got a package will get one now. Id like to hope that out of this upgrade fiasco, I at least come away with a free usb stick.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
I downloaded and upgraded and reported 2 weeks ago and I got my package in the mail yesterday.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #1137
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

Points 312, Level 6
Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
don't know if this was covered already, but for anyone with the navigation system, i found this bug:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

basically, the names of your old "favorites" in mft are retained and the system still remembers them. so when you go to try and re-add them, you have to completely rename the places to new names.

ex: let's say you had a place named "Home 2" in version 2.11, (at least in my version of 3.0) i cannot name "Home 2" that anymore. I have to name it something else as that favorite was never wiped from the system.

has anyone with nav. experienced this and fixed it? if so, what's the solution? pulling fuses / disconnecting the battery?

sorry for some of my stuttering, i was tripping over words / trying to find the best way to describe what i was seeing.
Based on this information, for those of us who have not got our upgrade package, I wonder if we should delete all of our pre-existing navigation favorites before we upgrade?

Do you think this would avoid the problem?

Rich
Old 03-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #1138
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
I also have the no space bar issue.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #1139
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
I haven't had a NAV card default in a while. Things are performing well. I'm getting used to avoiding (or not getting frustrated by bugs). Most bugs are display issues. The most annoying bug, is the NAV Card Default, which can ruin a drive altogether if I am relying on the NAV. Second is the Voice system often (but not always) forgetting it is already in NAV mode, and requiring me to say "Navigation" before saying "Destination..." or other map voice commands.

Overall, I'm content with the new version for now. If they can stop the Nav system from failing completely from time to time, it would be acceptable. the buttons and display malfunctions should be next, then interface (especially 3D nav) improvement can come later.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #1140
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
I haven't had a NAV card default in a while. Things are performing well. I'm getting used to avoiding (or not getting frustrated by bugs). Most bugs are display issues. The most annoying bug, is the NAV Card Default, which can ruin a drive altogether if I am relying on the NAV. Second is the Voice system often (but not always) forgetting it is already in NAV mode, and requiring me to say "Navigation" before saying "Destination..." or other map voice commands.

Overall, I'm content with the new version for now. If they can stop the Nav system from failing completely from time to time, it would be acceptable. the buttons and display malfunctions should be next, then interface (especially 3D nav) improvement can come later.
That's strange. On my V2, even if I'm in radio, I don't have to say "Navigation" before "Destination"... it works from wherever.

Also, for the NAV card faults (not defaults, just faults), I just open the center console, pop the card up, and pop it back in. It works fine after that.

Only happens every few weeks for me. Hope it isn't worse off in the update.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.