02fordsvt Build/Mod/Random Thread - Page 41 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #401
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Fan#: 84231
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
What grille was that in the first place? or did you makle the center mesh stuff too? I like it alot! It looks different than normal tinted lenses. There is a bit of a gap between the grille and the hood, but in all honesty I like that. Makes me feel like there is more air flow over the motor to keep it cooler! haha Not sure if it does or not though. Oh and I get all my bulbs from a car parts store. Just cuz there like 2 dollars or something like that. and the nearest junkyard is 50 minutes away from me. lol Although since my dad works at ford he usually has alot of misc. stuff like bulbs. :D
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #402
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fordsvt View Post
I wish.

Actually I had some deer heart which is almost as good. Almost.
Whoa! lol never heard of that for breakfast and I am from KY.
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
Old 03-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #403
02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
My bulbs are usually free from the junk yard (they always throw the little stuff in free if your buying larger items). lol

The grill was originally an Svt grill, but as you said, I cut the ford badge and mesh out. The material I'm using right now is some kind of mesh guard. I don't really like how it looks at certain angles (like the one pictured when you can see through it really easily) but it works for now until I can find something better.

And the hood gap can be traced back to the fact that all but two tabs are broken. I need to figure out a way to hold the grill up better.
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress
Old 03-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #404
02fordsvt
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post
Whoa! lol never heard of that for breakfast and I am from KY.
Haha. What make it even better was that it was from a roadkill deer I picked up (with my car) last fall.
It's Bryan, not Brian
Old 03-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #405
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Quote:
My bulbs are usually free from the junk yard (they always throw the little stuff in free if your buying larger items). lol

The grill was originally an Svt grill, but as you said, I cut the ford badge and mesh out. The material I'm using right now is some kind of mesh guard. I don't really like how it looks at certain angles (like the one pictured when you can see through it really easily) but it works for now until I can find something better.

And the hood gap can be traced back to the fact that all but two tabs are broken. I need to figure out a way to hold the grill up better.
Nice! I like the creativity. I had 4 broken tabs on mine and used zip ties. lol but I have a new grill now so i dont need to worry about it.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #406
02fordsvt
Meh.

Quote:
Nice! I like the creativity. I had 4 broken tabs on mine and used zip ties. lol but I have a new grill now so i dont need to worry about it.
At this point where I am with the grill now, I'm thinking I should have just gotten a normal Focus grill with the tabs from a salvage yard. All I'm really using is the frame from the Svt's grill.
It's Bryan, not Brian
Old 03-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #407
SvviftSVT
Release the Kraken!!

Fan#: 58277
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

FF Reputation: 10 SvviftSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
i like the creativity.
i have a euro grill on my svt, but i also have mach's so i don't need the indicators in my grill.

and also with that gap, mine had that slight gap too, until i swapped grills. they are made not quite tall enough to fill it from bumper to hood.
TeamFOCALIZE!// HATCH NATION #45// October '12 ROTM

Track build will commence by Christmas (hopefully)
Old 03-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #408
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Quote:
Haha. What make it even better was that it was from a roadkill deer I picked up (with my car) last fall.
Thats awesome! you shoulda carried it on your hood. lol I was thinking about mounting antlers to my rack.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #409
02fordsvt
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvviftSVT View Post
i like the creativity.
i have a euro grill on my svt, but i also have mach's so i don't need the indicators in my grill.

and also with that gap, mine had that slight gap too, until i swapped grills. they are made not quite tall enough to fill it from bumper to hood.
I was hoping to beable to go with a euro grill look but the led's in the headlights aren't bright enough so I had to compromise.

Quote:
Thats awesome! you shoulda carried it on your hood. lol I was thinking about mounting antlers to my rack.
That would be awesome. Do it if you keep your rack on the car. lol

I actually carried the deer in the hatch when is was still stripped out. If anyone wonders, deer fit inside the spare tire well very well.
It's Bryan, not Brian
Old 03-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #410
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Quote:
I was hoping to beable to go with a euro grill look but the led's in the headlights aren't bright enough so I had to compromise.

That would be awesome. Do it if you keep your rack on the car. lol

I actually carried the deer in the hatch when is was still stripped out. If anyone wonders, deer fit inside the spare tire well very well.
hahaha thats funny! Yeah next time i fill up I will see what I am getting...i think my tires just needed to break in because i feel like I am going farther again.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->