My Ford Touch Thread - Page 99 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #981
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,271, Level 35
Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
How long is "a good minute" in reality? I've waited 10-15 before doing anything a number of times (a fair amount of these issues appear on startup so waiting doesn't help anything) and I still have these issues. Side question: Has anyone actually had their indexing/building media commands wait time shortened with this update (I don't mean it no longer telling you it is doing it, I mean when it actually finishes) or is it just more graceful at handling itself not being ready?
Like... A minute. Lol. If a lot of the issues show up on startup give it a minute before doing anything and from what I've seen so far they'll go away and right themselves. For instance, instead of hitting entertainment right when the car starts, give it a minute before hitting the entertainment quadrant and none of the issues with input highlights should be present. Like I said, I haven't had an issue in the last several drives by using that method.

And to answer the question about indexing... This system has been MUCH MUCH faster for my 160gb iPod classic indexing and building media commands. The first drive it took maybe 5 minutes before it allowed me to play and use voice commands for everything I threw at it.

I've got about 55gb worth of music on there too, and after it indexed once it hasn't done it again since.
Sonic Crew #28
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #982
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

Points 1,952, Level 26
Points: 1,952, Level: 26 Points: 1,952, Level: 26 Points: 1,952, Level: 26
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I installed the update last night and the only issue I had was pairing my Samsung phone. I downloaded the update from the SYNC web site and it took 55 minutes to load. I've had limited use so far, but from what I see it's a vast improvement over the earlier version. I like the larger "button" size, layout and increased speed. Both my iPods and my phonebook synched and downloaded in just a few seconds. We'll see how it performs in the long term (or at least until my 2013 Escape arrives) and go from there.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #983
GT5001
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 48923
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Points 503, Level 10
Points: 503, Level: 10 Points: 503, Level: 10 Points: 503, Level: 10
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 GT5001 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
Ok, so this is really interesting... I saw another person posting about purchasing his car shortly before the mail out date, and being told he didn't make the list. So, I decided to investigate for myself as I purchased my Focus near the end of February.

I called in, and he found my info and said that I would be receiving the flash drive and SD card soon. I have navi, which I don't want to be without, so I am waiting. Then he said that once I get it, that I will need to take it in to the dealer (free of charge) because there are additional SYNC/MFT updates needed which are not included in the mailed kit. I have v2.11 now. I asked him what those updates were, and he didn't know, but said that it was flagged in the system as needing additional updates.

He made it very clear that this would all be done at no charge. So, now I am wondering if some of the issues everyone is having may be due to others also needing these additional updates as well? Sync my ride does offer to let me download the update, but I am waiting so I keep navi in tact.

Just sharing what I was told in case it helps anyone.
This is good info. Since I have navi, I decided to wait for the card to arrive. Hearing this, I will let the dealer do my update. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #984
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Odd. I have noticed something, if you give the car a good minute to boot everything up before throwing commands at MFT, it might respond more positively. Giving it a minute before hitting entertainment or any of that the past few drives, my car hasn't once given me any of the weird input highlighted button issues, overlaying information on the home screen, etc.

Could just be that people are starting to hit buttons a little too quickly for the system. It is a computer afterall, so giving it a little bit to boot up is certainly something you should be understandable about doing.

Just sharing my thoughts, as that method has given me 4-5 problem free drives in a row now.
Unfortunately this has not been the case for me. This is something I learned to do after a couple of months of owning the car w/V2.11. Let eveything boot up, wait until it recognized my phone, phone on BT stereo, iPod found, and Nav loaded. Not enter anything until all of this completes, and even after it completed still wait a good couple of minutes before even trying to hit the voice paddle. I have been engaging in the same behavior since the install of the new one (force of habit) and everything I've experienced - non-functional entertainment screen button, buttons launching functions different from the button I hit, freeze, lockup, blank screen, "Performing scheduled maintenance", all of these thing occurred for me well after everything was loaded or recognized.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #985
jeb5000
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95481
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jeb5000 Good Standing Member
Had black screen of death every other day with ver 2.11 of MFT. It's wonderful to have the complete dash go dark at night. Dealer gave up, I opened a case with Ford. Never heard from them. Called back to complain again and was informed my problems had been resolved ??????? They called dealer and requested they update my system with ver 3. They did it that night. Have only had a few problems since then.

Rear camera error (I don't have a rear camera. Maybe Ford will give me one!)
Bluetooth favorites does not work. Last phone used always connects.
Day/night dimming flashes at dusk. Bright dark bright dark .............
Favorites on steering wheel work, but not where I want to go, but no way to control where they take you.
Compass to small, Look at size in advertising and compare to screen.
Compass readings on dash vs MTF do not read the same.
No outdoor temperature.
Station and song no longer at bottom of screen unless you are off the main screen.
If you use a wallpaper it is overwritten by everything else.
No black screen of death so far. (fingers crossed)
When using voice control will not go to favorite phone numbers. If you say phone, favorites it goes to phone and then refreshes the screen. Does not give an error message or that is not a recognized command.

Oh well it's working, dumbed down with lost functionality but working.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #986
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
Hi - Canadian 2012 Focus owner here - waiting for my update to arrive by mail. I don't check this forum that often but checked in and read that last 10 pages of this thread tonight to see if people were starting to get the update and what they thought of it. For me the current version has shown it's flakiness but is generally usable for me as someone who is fairly tolerant (I've had 5-10 lockups and have had to do a few fuse pull since June when I bought the car but that has not bothered me too much).

Well - I'm shocked and in disbelief about what I'm hearing in the last 10 pages here. Sounds to me like the update which was intended to stabilize the system and make up for the lacking fist few releases is more buggy than ever and is in fact so bad that some advise not to upgrade unless it's a total nightmare on the previous version? Is this a cruel joke? Someone, anyone - say it isn't so!!!
It is a cruel joke, but sadly it appears to be true. Lets be clear though, for most the update is more stable. As in, it won't randomly reboot - at all or as much. But, you will likely be trading one set of show stopping bugs for another, and a whole new look that many people don't like. Personally I don't mind the look but my mp3 album art has gone from a small percentage of not working, to not working at all. There are also graphical trigger bugs on most of the new blinky led buttons.

Really its up to you to decide what might work best.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 03-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #987
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb5000 View Post
Had black screen of death every other day with ver 2.11 of MFT. It's wonderful to have the complete dash go dark at night. Dealer gave up, I opened a case with Ford. Never heard from them. Called back to complain again and was informed my problems had been resolved ??????? They called dealer and requested they update my system with ver 3. They did it that night. Have only had a few problems since then.

Rear camera error (I don't have a rear camera. Maybe Ford will give me one!)
Bluetooth favorites does not work. Last phone used always connects.
Day/night dimming flashes at dusk. Bright dark bright dark .............
Favorites on steering wheel work, but not where I want to go, but no way to control where they take you.
Compass to small, Look at size in advertising and compare to screen.
Compass readings on dash vs MTF do not read the same.
No outdoor temperature.
Station and song no longer at bottom of screen unless you are off the main screen.
If you use a wallpaper it is overwritten by everything else.
No black screen of death so far. (fingers crossed)
When using voice control will not go to favorite phone numbers. If you say phone, favorites it goes to phone and then refreshes the screen. Does not give an error message or that is not a recognized command.

Oh well it's working, dumbed down with lost functionality but working.
Most of your bugs seem to be common with the software and we all have them. One or two you mentioned were design decisions by ford. As for your screen dimming, why not enable the manual brightness over auto? Its in the settings under display I think.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #988
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

Points 127, Level 2
Points: 127, Level: 2 Points: 127, Level: 2 Points: 127, Level: 2
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
It is a cruel joke, but sadly it appears to be true. Lets be clear though, for most the update is more stable. As in, it won't randomly reboot - at all or as much. But, you will likely be trading one set of show stopping bugs for another, and a whole new look that many people don't like. Personally I don't mind the look but my mp3 album art has gone from a small percentage of not working, to not working at all. There are also graphical trigger bugs on most of the new blinky led buttons.

Really its up to you to decide what might work best.

Thanks for the reply. This is really sad. I've been a positive supporter of this system until now - but to know 9 months in advance there are some serious issues and then 9 months later to deliver an equally buggy system that's reduced in functionality is ridiculous - there's just no excuse for it. This really shakes my confidence in Ford from a technology standpoint.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #989
jeb5000
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95481
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jeb5000 Good Standing Member
I know I can set the screen brightness manually. But why should I have to? It shouldn't dim every time I pass through the shadow of a cloud at dusk. Of course if favorites worked I could make that screen a favorite and jump to it and make the change however favorites from the steering wheel does not work now.

Don't get me wrong ver 3 is much better than ver 2.11 for me. The dealer and Ford sold me a product they knew had problems without telling me and letting me make an informed decision. My dealer does not put any of the MFT service in the system. They claim since no charges for service were incurred Ford does not want to see a service record. Ford closing out my Case #1441330602 without contacting me or doing anything is plain .....

Could I have done more research, absolutely. Will I think twice in the future absolutely. Do I like the car absolutely, it is quieter than my old car, responsive, transmission is good, like the steering in corners. Push button start is nice but the key sits deep in my pocket so when I get to the house front door have to dig for it. Maybe Ford can sell a lock set that unlocks when you touch the knob like the car does.

Left the key in the car once and couldn't lock the doors. Wife just laughed at me, reaching in and holding the key fob up for me to see.

Nice car and a pleasure to drive.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #990
cvriv
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91033
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 5 cvriv Good Standing Member
I just got my upgrade in the mail. I went to install it and I couldn't even do that! The car said the files may be corrupt or something about a signature may be corrupt or not valid. Whats going on here? Can I get the files at syncmyride?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.