2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #51
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have the same problem i told the dealer when i brought it in for the transmission update which solved my tranny problem but they said they found no noise in the front end when they drove it. When i drove it home the noise was still there. I will bring it back again soon and hopefully i will get a diffrent tech to work on my car.My guess is that the guy they gave it to work on was not intrested in chaseing rattle and clunk problems .These guys work on flat rate and dont want to waste there time working for nothing.Ford Motor co does not pay them as much on warranty work as when you bring your car in and pay out of pocket.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #52
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,152, Level 34
Points: 3,152, Level: 34 Points: 3,152, Level: 34 Points: 3,152, Level: 34
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRM707 View Post
Seems I may have this problem too....not even 4000 miles....
I will check it out myself......& bring it to them if I can't locate the sound...
Hi RRM707,

Why not let the dealer resolve that issue from the get go?! Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info, and I'll escalate the case to the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeremyy View Post
Noemi - Thanks so much for the response. I'm going to give them another shot first and see what happens. I'll send you a PM if I need any help. Thanks again! :-)
Afternoon jjeremyy,

Okay! Just give me a shout out if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyy View Post
I have the same problem i told the dealer when i brought it in for the transmission update which solved my tranny problem but they said they found no noise in the front end when they drove it...
Hey allyy,

Glad to hear the dealer has made some progress with your Focus. Send me PM with the VIN, current mileage as well as your personal and dealer contact if this noise continues to annoy you.

Take care and have a relaxing weekend!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 03-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #53
TopKat
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92298
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 TopKat Good Standing Member
I had the same issues and the dealer replaced the front springs and related hardware without a hassle. Now there's almost no noises and I've been almost 1K miles since. So far so good. Of course now I'm noticing a knock/light rattle somewhere under the car. Seems like it could be from the exhaust system. When I have time I'll take it back in. This "back in" stuff is getting old.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #54
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,152, Level 34
Level Up 68% Completed
Forum Activity 16%
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKat View Post
.... Of course now I'm noticing a knock/light rattle somewhere under the car. Seems like it could be from the exhaust system. When I have time I'll take it back in. This "back in" stuff is getting old.
Hey TopKat,

When you do visit the dealer, send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact and Ill escalate your concern to the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Thanks,

Noemi

Old 03-21-2012, 02:46 AM   #55
mastercko
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96658
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 mastercko Good Standing Member
I have this same issue on my SEL. Glad to know that it's not just me being finicky or imagining things. It's easily reproducible by going slowly over a speed bump or sometimes when coming to a slow stop. It isn't TOO annoying to me, so I think that I'll bring it up at my next oil change (in about 4k miles).
Old 03-21-2012, 02:50 AM   #56
chrisdh79
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85037
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 chrisdh79 Good Standing Member
I had this issue from day one when I got my car last year. I took my car in when I got the transmission update, and they replaced the front sway bar links. Its been fine ever since!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #57
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The major problem is that there doesn't seem to be one definable culprit behind this noise.

People have gotten sway bar endlinks replaced, springs replaced, struts replaced, strut mounts replaced, and even motor mounts replaced. All of these solutions seem to have cured the issue for different people.

It would be one thing if it were able to be tracked down to one single defective part, but it doesn't seem to be that easy. That issue is compounded by the fact that some people have dealt with dealers who will acknowledge the problem AND fix it, and others can't even get the dealer to say that it's anything but normal, let alone look at it.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #58
mastercko
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96658
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 mastercko Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
The major problem is that there doesn't seem to be one definable culprit behind this noise.

People have gotten sway bar endlinks replaced, springs replaced, struts replaced, strut mounts replaced, and even motor mounts replaced. All of these solutions seem to have cured the issue for different people.

It would be one thing if it were able to be tracked down to one single defective part, but it doesn't seem to be that easy. That issue is compounded by the fact that some people have dealt with dealers who will acknowledge the problem AND fix it, and others can't even get the dealer to say that it's anything but normal, let alone look at it.
Yeah, definitely. My dealer has been pretty good about listening to my issues and putting a good faith effort into dealing with it, though, so I will give it a shot and hopefully they can diagnose it.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #59
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,152, Level 34
Level Up 68% Completed
Forum Activity 16%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercko View Post
I have this same issue on my SEL...
Hi mastercko,

You can also send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact. I'll escalate the concern to the Customer Service Mangager in your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdh79 View Post
I had this issue from day one when I got my car last year. I took my car in when I got the transmission update, and they replaced the front sway bar links. Its been fine ever since!
chrisdh79,

Always happy to hear Focus owners good report!

Thanks all!

Noemi

Old 03-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #60
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
My car goes in tomorrow at 7:30 AM for one last shot at fixing this issue. Hopefully I can get things ironed out this time, because I'd love to start enjoying this car properly.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.