Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 84 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #831
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonham View Post
- The rubber mat on the driver's side (winter package) is not affixed to anything and keeps sliding up under the pedals.
The mat should attach at the bottom (closest side to driver's seat) with two round clips that pop into mounts on the floor quite securely.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #832
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,558, Level 22
Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
It should just "snap" in
Old 03-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #833
Drivingstick
Banned

Fan#: 94381
What I Drive: Black Mazda6

FF Reputation: 1 Drivingstick Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post

Hello Drivingstick,

I assure you, safety is a high priority for Ford. This is why we are active on this forum; to raise concerns and questions to the attention of Ford engineers in order to enhance the safety features of our products.

If you are experiencing concerns with your Focus, please send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info and a Customer Service Manager will review your case.

Noemi
Dear Noemi,

If you would have read my previous posts, you would have noticed that I don't own the car anymore.Long story short,I bought an hatchback to use as a station wagon and the salesmman was well aware of that.He never mentionned anything about the transmission break-in period and problems history.I almost got rear ended when the car stalled in a busy intersection, andwent directly to the dealership and was told it "was normal".A few harsh words were exchanged and they sold the car for me.Hopefully to someone who won't use it to drive his kids.I already reported this to Ford ,and all I got was an anonymous and unsigned apology letter.

I wasted my time,my money and most of all risked the safety of my family.

Do I really need to say more?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #834
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Hello Reedleo,

She may not have access to the forum, but I do!

When I escalate concerns and send information specific to your case over to the attention of the Customer Service Manager in your area. So if the shuddering does not recede, send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, persona and dealer contact info to begin the process.

RDJTX,

Thank you for your balanced comments. I appreciate them!

We recognize owners’ frustration when they perceive a lack of acknowledgement to concerns and questions raised on the forum. However, we do send much information about owners’ experiences to our engineers and execs. As they attempt to address the issues raised, we will continue to provide the best customer service possible.

Hi Kurt114,

Thank you for your patience and understanding as your Focus goes through the break-in process. In due time it will smooth out and you’ll enjoy it even more. If you need assistance, send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info, and I'll escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager.

Hey jbicknell,

Glad the dealer was able to fix the Focus for you. The offer of assistance is extended to you as well; a PM with the requested info will begin the escalation process.

Hello Drivingstick,

I assure you, safety is a high priority for Ford. This is why we are active on this forum; to raise concerns and questions to the attention of Ford engineers in order to enhance the safety features of our products.

If you are experiencing concerns with your Focus, please send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info and a Customer Service Manager will review your case.

DurdySE,

Chops?! Pork Chops?! Center Cut Chops?! Ohhhh....you mean your chops!
We don't bust posters chops on this forum...much.

When you take the Focus over to dealer, send a PM my way with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer info and I'll have the Customer Service Manager follow your case.

Hi Boomertwo,

Congrats and to the forum!

Some of the concerns stated may smooth out once you've surpassed the break-in period. But, let's have the Customer Service Manager assist with those that can use immediate attention. Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info and I'll escalate your case.

Hi jbonham,

Congratulations on your Focus!

When you take it over to the dealer for service; shoot me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info and I'll have the Customer Service Manager review your case.

I want to thank everyone for your patience as we work through your concerns. Please keep me posted on the results of your case and give me a shout out if you need further assistance in the future.

Have a FANTABULOUS weekend!

Noemi

Noemi,

So I see a response to everyone here except mine, so you are blatantly ignoring my concern. If that's not a confirmation on the way things are being handled I don't know how much clearer it can be. I'd like to point out you have not followed your word. Time to step up and do the right thing

Quote:
Hello csvt2060,
..snip

As to not posting on this specific thread, please keep in mind that I am active on several forums and threads and not in the business of ignoring a customer’s concern. I definitely strive to be as transparent as possible with everyone I interact with and thank you for your patience.

As soon I have the information you’re requesting I will send you an update.

Noemi
Old 03-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #835
plymouth
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96458
What I Drive: 2012, Frosted Glass, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 plymouth Good Standing Member
Clutch? Transmission?

Having just discovered this forum, I haven't had time to read all the postings. So, if this has been covered previously, then I do apologize. Our Focus was purchased in Nov. Within a month, I experienced my 1st major incident. Taking a left turn, with oncoming traffic, the car started " bucking", more severe than a " shudder". When I got the car out of traffic, I had no reverse. I drove it straight to the dealership, where they ran the different codes, & came to the conclusion that my driving habits were at fault. Things were " normal" for 3 months, & then my husband experienced the exact same thing. This time, the car was towed to the dealership. They took good care of us, by giving us a loaner & then a rental. Their conclusion was that one of the clutches was staying partially engaged, so that clutch was replaced. Within 24 hours of having my car back, I had the same experience again, major " bucking" in D, and loss of reverse. I got the car home & parked it. Within 1/2 hour it had recovered. I took the vehicle back to the dealership, and this time, I was told that, after the new clutch was put on, my car had to " relearn itself". My heart is in my throat now, every time I leave home in my car. I try to avoid taking it on the highway, & I never leave home without my cell phone.

My question to others in this forum is, when your Focus acted up, did you ever completely lose your reverse gear? Any input would be very much appreciated.

By the way, my car now has 6600 kilometres on it.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #836
Drivingstick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymouth View Post
Having just discovered this forum, I haven't had time to read all the postings. So, if this has been covered previously, then I do apologize. Our Focus was purchased in Nov. Within a month, I experienced my 1st major incident. Taking a left turn, with oncoming traffic, the car started " bucking", more severe than a " shudder". When I got the car out of traffic, I had no reverse. I drove it straight to the dealership, where they ran the different codes, & came to the conclusion that my driving habits were at fault. Things were " normal" for 3 months, & then my husband experienced the exact same thing. This time, the car was towed to the dealership. They took good care of us, by giving us a loaner & then a rental. Their conclusion was that one of the clutches was staying partially engaged, so that clutch was replaced. Within 24 hours of having my car back, I had the same experience again, major " bucking" in D, and loss of reverse. I got the car home & parked it. Within 1/2 hour it had recovered. I took the vehicle back to the dealership, and this time, I was told that, after the new clutch was put on, my car had to " relearn itself". My heart is in my throat now, every time I leave home in my car. I try to avoid taking it on the highway, & I never leave home without my cell phone.

My question to others in this forum is, when your Focus acted up, did you ever completely lose your reverse gear? Any input would be very much appreciated.

By the way, my car now has 6600 kilometres on it.
Hi Plymouth,

Welcome to the forum.If you look around this place you'll notice many threads about transmission problems and several hundreds of posts with stories similar to yours.You'll probably get a message from Noemi or some other Ford online rep asking for your VIN and some personnal info.It's your choice to give the info or not but you won't get anything more from them that what you got at the dealership.They will tell you that it's normal and engineers at Ford are working hard to correct all problems.They will also tell you they understand your frustration and some other BS.I don't want to scare you ,but some have waited months to get their car fixed and are still not satisfied.If you want some friendly advice,if your car start to work decently ,try to get rid of it while you can.

Good luck to you.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #837
Boomertwo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96378
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 Boomertwo Good Standing Member
Quote:

Hi Boomertwo,

Congrats and to the forum!

Some of the concerns stated may smooth out once you've surpassed the break-in period. But, let's have the Customer Service Manager assist with those that can use immediate attention. Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info and I'll escalate your case.

Have a FANTABULOUS weekend!

Noemi
Thanks for responding but I will hold off on escalating this for now since I don't see the need for that at this moment.

Here's the update on my service visit today for everyone.
The service department checked the car out and told me that the window motor on the passenger side will be slower since it doesn't have the auto open feature like the driver side.

They checked the master cylinder and didn't find any leaks but said that doesn't mean there wasn't. I'm to keep an eye on it and bring it back if it continues. (Will find out soon enough if I need to add brake fluid in a week or so.)

As for the clutch sound they told me its normal as even the other new manual focus's on the lot made that faint sound. They explained that is is because of the way the clutch is designed since it has springs on it to give it some play to absorb the shock of being engaged/disengaged. The explanation makes sense since I have seen what a clutch disc and pressure plate looks like and understand the basics of how it functions. I'm a novice when it comes to being a mechanic but I understand the basics and a few advance things. I'll keep driving it and breaking it in for a little while longer and keep an ear open for additional sounds.

My last issue was with the bumper/fender not being aligned properly. They couldn't do anything about it and told me to go to a body shop and have the manager their contact the dealership to have the car worked on under warranty.

Overall my visit wasn't bad and was out within 2 hours. The service tech was very nice and even helped answer some questions that I had.

I don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere but after speaking with the service tech he highly recommended ditching the tires that came with the car. He said and I quote "Continental cannot make a round tire to save their life." He also said that they do not wear properly and to expect replacing them at about 20k miles or even less depending on how a person drives the car.

This raises the question as to why do almost all auto makers use this brand of tire when it has been proven to be inferior to aftermarket tires that you can get at any tire shop?
Old 03-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #838
swfst

Fan#: 95922
What I Drive: Focus

FF Reputation: 1 swfst Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I've had no issues with my 2012, less it only has 550 miles--love the car!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #839
Drivingstick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroStorm View Post
Nice input,

I'm pretty sure that the several hundreds of people who didn't had the sale luck will really appreciate.Your car doesn't have much mileage yet.If I were you ,I would wait a little before coming on this thread and gloat.Some people lost a lot because of some major problems with this car.You should keep this in mind.

Last edited by Drivingstick; 03-18-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #840
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,279, Level 35
Points: 3,279, Level: 35 Points: 3,279, Level: 35 Points: 3,279, Level: 35
Level Up 53% Completed
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%
Forum Activity 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
Noemi,
So I see a response to everyone here except mine, so you are blatantly ignoring my concern. If that's not a confirmation on the way things are being handled I don't know how much clearer it can be. I'd like to point out you have not followed your word. Time to step up and do the right thing
Hello csvt2060,

I am not ignoring your posts. As I stated before, your questions are quite detailed and require thorough research from multiple individuals and departments in order to assure a correct answer. I am hoping to have an answer by noon Monday the 19th to your questions about the rainlamps, rainsensing wipers and rear window defroster.

In the meantime, if your Focus is currently experiencing specific issues you would like addressed by the Customer Service Manager, please feel free to send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info and I will escalate your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymouth View Post
Having just discovered this forum, I haven't had time to read all the postings. So, if this has been covered previously, then I do apologize...
My question to others in this forum is, when your Focus acted up, did you ever completely lose your reverse gear? Any input would be very much appreciated.....
Hi plymouth,

As you can tell by the multiple posts on this forum, I collect certain information that will initiate an escalation to the Customer Service Manger in your area.

For our Canadian owners, I recommend contacting Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center at 1.800.565.3673 for documentation and assistance. However, please keep me posted on the results and let me know if I can assist in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivingstick View Post
...You'll probably get a message from Noemi or some other Ford online rep asking for your VIN and some personnal info...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivingstick View Post
Dear Noemi,
If you would have read my previous posts, you would have noticed that I don't own the car anymore....
Hello Drivingstick,

I'm sorry to learn about your decision to sell the Focus. I hope I will have an opportunity in the future to welcome you back to the Ford family.

My presence on the board is to liaise between Focus owners and our Customer Service Manager. In order to do this, the information requested is needed to begin the escalation process. For many owners, this process has worked to their satisfaction and we strive to provide the best service on our customers behalf on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomertwo View Post
Thanks for responding but I will hold off on escalating this for now since I don't see the need for that at this moment...
Hi Boomertwo,

No problem. When you're ready, just send me the requested info via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroStorm View Post
Hello AeroStorm,

Thank you for the Focus accolade. Continue to enjoy it and posting your review. You're an example as to why we're on this forum; to help customers have the same great experience.

Take care everyone and have a great weekend!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.