My Ford Touch Thread - Page 86 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #851
-sokO
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93367
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 -sokO Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What Ford shoulda done is used Android O/S as the base O/S , then allowed us to use the screen however we wish with widgets and apps. Then instead of having to update the entire MFT system, they could periodically release new apps or widgets with updated functions. Add a capacitive touch screen and I don't think it could get any better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #852
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
A few more things I noticed on my drive/sitting in traffic today:

(Possibly just USB, didn't check CD) Shuffle Light doesn't illuminate when you enable it if there is no music playing.

I think this one is by design.

(MP3) CD Information is truncated in the More Info display (title/artist/whatnot just ends abruptly even when there is a ton of space available for displaying the information). Also, on the Entertainment display, if a title/artist exceeds the display length it doesn't add an arrow to let you scroll it to see it all, nor does embedded artwork function. I have the exact same files on a USB drive and none of these issues are present with the files on it.

Same happens to me.

On the USB screen, the More Info button is still selectable when there is no music playing. It just gives you a partially blank screen, the "What's Playing" button, which boops when you touch it, but does nothing, and a display title of "MP Track" or some such, can't remember what exactly now. Similar Music is still selectable as well, but at least it gives you a "No similar music found" notification.

Yep...

If you're USB drive is no longer playing music (say your playlist ended) and you switch to a different input and switch back, it will state that it cannot find the drive.

Same happened to me...

Stating the input "iPod" takes you to the USB drive, whether or not you actually have an iPod. (This is probably just for simplicity more than anything, but I noticed it when Sync misunderstood me)

Interesting they did this. What did you say that it misunderstood?

Whoever came up with the use cases for MFT obviously missed a ton of stuff.

Agreed.
My comments above in bold.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #853
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
I think this one is by design.
Then why does the Repeat button illuminate in the same situation?

Quote:
Interesting they did this. What did you say that it misunderstood?
Because I said something that wasn't iPod.
EDIT: Oh, misread that. Um, I honestly don't even remember. I think I hit the sync button when I didn't mean to and just mumbled at it.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #854
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1955 View Post
I was just on the phone with support asking about the ship date for the thumbdrive updates. For those of you with NAV option it's shipping this week! For those of us without, it's not yet been scheduled :(
That is not correct. We've started mailing both nav and non-nav packages and will continue to do so over the next few weeks. Do you happen to know the name of the agent you spoke with?

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #855
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Ford spent time creating a system that was buggy, and when certain groups of people said it was hard to use they said, "Oh! We'll change it right away!", despite a vast majority having no problems at all with the actual interface. It's just too bad they skipped the rest (like...quality control).
EXACTLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
(MP3) CD Information is truncated in the More Info display (title/artist/whatnot just ends abruptly even when there is a ton of space available for displaying the information). Also, on the Entertainment display, if a title/artist exceeds the display length it doesn't add an arrow to let you scroll it to see it all, nor does embedded artwork function. I have the exact same files on a USB drive and none of these issues are present with the files on it.

On the USB screen, the More Info button is still selectable when there is no music playing. It just gives you a partially blank screen, the "What's Playing" button, which boops when you touch it, but does nothing, and a display title of "MP Track" or some such, can't remember what exactly now. Similar Music is still selectable as well, but at least it gives you a "No similar music found" notification.

Whoever came up with the use cases for MFT obviously missed a ton of stuff.
Good find! (ANOTHER lost feature is not good.. I was complementing your discovery.) I KNEW something was missing related to long song titles but didn't remember that there used to be an arrow that let you display the rest of the truncated text.

Will Ford respect the customer by admitting that we Fanatics uncovered more bugs in 4 days than their beta team/process did in 4 months? Actually, they don't need to "admit" anything, just include us in the next phase. Its free help, take it or leave it. Or, will they acknowledge that they found these things but did not have time to resolve them all in time for the promised Q1 release, but expect to have them in a .1 release this summer??

Ford is apparently under that old stodgy 70's / 80's corporate mentality that says, "keep the customer in the dark, admit nothing, limit details, if we are honest about any problems, that will make matter worse. In reality the opposite is more true. Although, the fact that our society is overrun by ridiculous lawsuits probably also contributes to the phenomenon.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #856
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
I think it's funny that one of the biggest complaints is the new design... considering that's only an opinion and not actually related to functionality in any way shape or form, it's kind of a ridiculous thing to complain about.

I like the new system, the simple design looks much better to me than the old one. While there are some things I miss, overall, the new design is great to me, it's simplified and looks cleaner and sharper to me.

But that's just me of course.

I will say that the input glitches are pretty annoying, I noticed today that my iPod was dead, it used to go to sleep when you shut the car off but now I'm not so sure, it's never done that to me before, I'll keep an eye on that.

The delay between commanding a call via SYNC and actually having the call made is also irks me. Even on the old system, unless it was already overloaded and moving slowly, commanding SYNC to make a call would make the call instantaneously.

So, for me, still a good update, stability is there, haven't had any lockups, nothing aside from the glitches with inputs, but I haven't had a USB drive lose connection and be unable to find again, just the weird issues where another source is highlighted and having to switch sources to remove the highlight.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Old 03-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #857
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
3 bugs/observations just on my 10 minute drive home today:

Entering a favorite destination NAME into the NAV-> Can't use space bar. Obviously able to use it in the past as I entered several before. It's grayed out now. Also, I had to tap the enter button repeatedly just to get it to take the name. I do have to admit though... typing letters is perfectly responsive.

3D NAV is useless. it redraws so slow it's drawing my previous turn as I'm making my next. Just horrible.

Whenever I turn on my car, Entertainment quadrant in the main menu has the shortcuts to sirius stations (Howard 100, 101, etc...), but all tune FM favorites instead. I can correct this by going into FM and then back out. Doesn't matter much to me, but pretty glaring bug right on the main screen.

On a side note--I just installed the NuShield screen protector someone on here recommended and it's excellent. Makes the screen look brighter and crisper, and seems to keep the fingerprints in check. Thanks to whoever recommended it.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #858
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Yay! Not even 96 full hours since the "upgrade" and hopped in my car to head home from work. Wanted to stream some Slacker so I turned on the stereo and went into entertainment so I could switch to BT Stereo. Hit the BT Stereo button and lo and behold, up came the Sirius screen and then a message about my subscription being expired (which it is so that part was correct, but then again, I didn't hit the Sirius button to begin with). Then, as I was reaching to hit Cancel on the message screen and lo and behold again, the screen went completely blank. After about 45 seconds (any guesses? C'mon, any?)

wait for it.....wait for IT.....wait FOR IT......WAIT FOR IT

"Performing Scheduled Maintenance" - Woohoo!

This thread has exploded recently and I have not seen every post but am I the first? If so, do I win some sort of prize?

I have the free version of Slacker so I am subject to ads but as the univesrse seems to have a somewhat sardonic sense of humor, as I was pulling into my driveway I heard Mike Rowe's voice as it was an ad for Ford on my newly schedule-maintained MFT.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #859
Stoneraven9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88671
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Hatchback Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Stoneraven9 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
That is not correct. We've started mailing both nav and non-nav packages and will continue to do so over the next few weeks. Do you happen to know the name of the agent you spoke with?

Jaclyn
How long before we get our thumb drives up here in Canada??? We have paid for this system as well so deserve the same support in a timely manner.

Your company has denied us a lot of the Sync functionality as well, so when do we see those systems implemented? (destinations, health, traffic...)

............................................... Fly with a Ti ...............................................
Old 03-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #860
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneraven9 View Post
How long before we get our thumb drives up here in Canada??? We have paid for this system as well so deserve the same support in a timely manner.

Your company has denied us a lot of the Sync functionality as well, so when do we see those systems implemented? (destinations, health, traffic...)
I'm waiting patiently down here in TX too...

Bookmarks & Social Networks