My Ford Touch Thread - Page 76 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #751
Zip60912
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93826
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium 4 dr

FF Reputation: 1 Zip60912 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yesterday, after I fueled up and pressed the start button without the brake pedal to go into accessory mode, the speakers did a BUZZ!... BUZZ!... BUZZ!... BUZZ!... every 1/2 second at FULL VOLUME! It was so loud and foreign that I thought that something or someone was slamming on the top of my car! I then hit the start button with the brake pedal and started the engine and the radio came on at normal volume.

I haven't updated the software yet and am hesitant for a few reasons. Before this, I never really had any issues with MFT. There is a slight lag when buttons are pressed on the screen and that is pretty much it. I really like the layout and features. This upgrade to me seems like going backwards with the stuff Ford has taken out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #752
voip-ninja
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87642
What I Drive: 2004 Audi A4 Quattro

FF Reputation: 1 voip-ninja Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Right, we get it. You want Applink as we have heard ad infinitum from you. It is your priority and therefore most important and the biggest fish to fry.
Wrong, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. Obviously the stability of the system, the random reboots, losing phone pairing, etc, are all much more important than the on-screen volume control OR some of the other stuff that's been reported post-upgrade.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #753
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip60912 View Post
Yesterday, after I fueled up and pressed the start button without the brake pedal to go into accessory mode, the speakers did a BUZZ!... BUZZ!... BUZZ!... BUZZ!... every 1/2 second at FULL VOLUME! It was so loud and foreign that I thought that something or someone was slamming on the top of my car! I then hit the start button with the brake pedal and started the engine and the radio came on at normal volume.

I haven't updated the software yet and am hesitant for a few reasons. Before this, I never really had any issues with MFT. There is a slight lag when buttons are pressed on the screen and that is pretty much it. I really like the layout and features. This upgrade to me seems like going backwards with the stuff Ford has taken out.
Its a known bug in 2.11 with a minority of complainants. Upgrading will likely help if its one of the bugs ford took care of. Nothing to lose by trying it out.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 03-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #754
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
Wrong, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. Obviously the stability of the system, the random reboots, losing phone pairing, etc, are all much more important than the on-screen volume control OR some of the other stuff that's been reported post-upgrade.
I apologize voip-ninja. Like I said in another post it gets a lttle testy in here sometimes and I am as guilty as anyone of fostering it on occassion (but hey, at least it seems to show that we are all passionate and just want the best out of our cars/systems). I expected this thread to explode when the upgrade released but nature of the posts shows we all have different opinions on what is good or bad. I just don't think it is for anyone of us to decide what is and is not significant to anyone else. Mine was (and still is) the entertainment screen. The downsized album art and the gigantic three buttons. Also notice more and more that long song titles simply run behind the album art. Looks terrible and amateurish in my opinion. Sometimes I get a little arrowhead to scroll the rest of the title across and sometimes I don't. Doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason as far as I can tell.

Again, sorry, wasn't called for.

On another note, mail just got here. Crap, no new Nav SD card. Oh well, maybe early next week.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #755
TDiGuy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93343
What I Drive: 2012, Candy Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 TDiGuy Good Standing Member
I wish there was an option to have the system default to the map screen when it's first turned on
Old 03-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #756
Emmortal
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92957
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Emmortal Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiGuy View Post
I wish there was an option to have the system default to the map screen when it's first turned on
Or any other screen for that matter especially considering we can't set the favourites on the steering wheel that would be nice.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #757
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
You expected them to ADD functionality??
Old 03-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #758
cymdiggity
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85613
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 cymdiggity Good Standing Member
Finally broke down and updated via the website. I now have no nav but hopefully the sdcard comes soon. Not a huge issue assuming the mailer comes sometime this month...

Definitely find it to be more responsive. It is annoying as others have pointed out how the name of the song and artist do not appear when you're on the default screen. When listening to HD Radio you get a list of presets to pick from but the bottom just says Entertainment. If you go into any other screen the bottom changes to the information.

Upon thinking about it... I'd rather have the right half of the entire screen display the map from navigation since the climate control options are all redundant to the display at the bottom of the stack.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #759
nole0675
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90795
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 nole0675 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmortal View Post
Or any other screen for that matter especially considering we can't set the favourites on the steering wheel that would be nice.
Or much simpler than having to add an option, just have it remember the last screen it was on.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #760
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Anyone really regretted upgrading though? Does the faster response and stability overall outweigh some of the missing features? Basically if you could go back to the prior build would you?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->