COBB Tuning parts - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93741
What I Drive: 04 Ex Ltd, 08 Edge Ltd, 12 FF Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Brabs_Weather Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
COBB Tuning parts

If your looking for some performance parts from Cobb Tuning your gonna have to wait a long.

Ian in tech said "We hope to provide new parts for the 2012 Focus ST, but we are still waiting to get our hands on one! As soon as we have major updates, we will be sure to post them on our blog, Facebook, and twitter."

I feel like many of you who watched Cobb turn a stock Focus it a full on race car. And they are waiting for the ST. Guess I will be buying parts somewhere else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL...&v=hk3daav2bMA

Borla Exhaust with UltraQuiet resonator
K&N X-4870. Steeda RSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
That quote doesnt mention anything about them not making parts for non-ST Focus's though, only that they will be making parts for the ST once they get one.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambleon84 View Post
That quote doesnt mention anything about them not making parts for non-ST Focus's though, only that they will be making parts for the ST once they get one.
You are correct. I guess my sarcasm did not come out in the post. Yep they are waiting for the ST to come out, while all of us non-forced induction Focus owners wait.

What a bait an switch in the video, they use the current focus to promote ST parts.
K&N X-4870. Steeda RSB
Old 03-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
ST is supposed to be out in the fall I think, now will they have parts ready to go or start designing then is the question, really the non engine stuff should translate to the other models.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabs_Weather View Post
You are correct. I guess my sarcasm did not come out in the post. Yep they are waiting for the ST to come out, while all of us non-forced induction Focus owners wait.

What a bait an switch in the video, they use the current focus to promote ST parts.
You must not know Cobb very well.

They did a mockup on the current Focus, including a full custom turbo-build to see the potential in the car, but the real money for them is going to come from the ST, not the naturally aspirated models.

Cobb is into performance mods, not appearance mods, and since 2.0 160hp economy cars aren't sporty, they don't bother spending tons of money on R&D and production for parts that are going to appeal to a much smaller group of people than they would on the ST.

Just take a look at their lineup, Mazdaspeed 3, not Mazda 3, Impreza WRX/STI, not the basic Impreza, etc.

They don't develop hard parts for cars that aren't performance oriented, because those are niche markets compared to the already performance oriented versions of the cars.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 03-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #6
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
You must not know Cobb very well.

They did a mockup on the current Focus, including a full custom turbo-build to see the potential in the car, but the real money for them is going to come from the ST, not the naturally aspirated models.

Cobb is into performance mods, not appearance mods, and since 2.0 160hp economy cars aren't sporty, they don't bother spending tons of money on R&D and production for parts that are going to appeal to a much smaller group of people than they would on the ST.

Just take a look at their lineup, Mazdaspeed 3, not Mazda 3, Impreza WRX/STI, not the basic Impreza, etc.

They don't develop hard parts for cars that aren't performance oriented, because those are niche markets compared to the already performance oriented versions of the cars.
They only support the turbocharged vehicles from various manufacturers which is why they waiting for the Focus ST.

You must know Cobb pretty well, since this is what they said.

"The Ford Focus build we did for Ford at SEMA was a one off race build just to show our entry in to the market for the Focus ST. Some of our parts might transfer over, but we are excited to get the ST and to start tuning!"

Still promising.
K&N X-4870. Steeda RSB
Old 03-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabs_Weather View Post
They only support the turbocharged vehicles from various manufacturers which is why they waiting for the Focus ST.

You must know Cobb pretty well, since this is what they said.

"The Ford Focus build we did for Ford at SEMA was a one off race build just to show our entry in to the market for the Focus ST. Some of our parts might transfer over, but we are excited to get the ST and to start tuning!"

Still promising.
I do know Cobb pretty well, I used to own a Mazdaspeed 3 and Cobb was my aftermarket manufacturer of choice.

They did no such thing as a bait and switch in that video, considering from the get go they decided on supporting the ST, not the standard Focus, and the custom SEMA build was never supposed to be showcasing future production pieces, it was only a showcase of potential. Where other manufacturers were busy making gaudy body kits, Cobb was busy doing a whole custom turbo build and adding some mild aesthetics to compliment it.

I was just responding to your posts because your tone seemed somewhat derogatory toward Cobb, when in reality they're definitely one of the best aftermarket performance companies out there and don't deserve bad-mouthing.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 03-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #8
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well I am interested in seeing what they put out for the normal focus. Guess we will just have to wait.
Moderator: Third Generation Ford Focus, DURATEC Ti-VCT GDI Performance Chat & Florida regional section
Old 03-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #9
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDFOCZ View Post
Well I am interested in seeing what they put out for the normal focus. Guess we will just have to wait.
If anything is compatible it will most likely only be suspension parts. If they develop an AccessPort tuner, it won't be, as it will be designed for the ST ECU, and any engine performance mods will also be incompatible as they'll be designed for a forced induction engine, not our NA 2.0.

We can always hope though.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 03-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 10 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
WTH? That just f'n sux, I was looking forward to the tuner
http://www.rebeldevil.com

Bookmarks & Social Networks