My Ford Touch Thread - Page 69 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #681
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet earlier in this thread but is anyone else really really excited about the new teeny tiny postage stamp-sized album art? The freaking forward, back, and pause buttons are now bigger than the album art.

I had also gotten in the habit of turning off music before turning off the car (for two reasons, first I figured the less it was initially trying to load all at once on the old version the better and second as it is remote start weather I didn't see the point of having my car sitting there playing music while it was warming up). Pulled into work today (I was on the Entertainment screen) and hit the power off using the physical button, as I always had. When I hit the power off button, it kept playing music but just switched the view to my home screen. Hit power off button again and it shut the music off and immediately turned it back on, hit power off again and it shut the music off and immediately turned it back on again, fourth time was a charm apparently as the music went off and stayed off.
Ugh! (My new overused word in this thread.) Album art was my favorite feature on the iPod screen and I can't believe they downsized that to accommodate the 3% Mr Magoo crowd. I'm gonna say it again, hey Ford designers, just about every other device and OS out there has multiple modes for those that want rich content and those that are visually impaired. It's not helpful to listen to the 10% complaining loudly only to make hard changes (not options) that disappoints an even larger group.

Got home late again last night and was going to begin the download from syncmyride.com in preparation for my weekend upgrade but the site was apparently swamped...took 3 attempts to even login and the download would not start. Gonna try again tonight or fall back to the posted "copy." I need to get it installed before I read any more reports and change my mind. Trying to stay on old software versions is a futile proposition...
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #682
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
So I updated my MFT today and as expected it is faster and more stable. Don't necessarily miss whats gone but that is just me. I was looking forward to the update to fix one problem that I have had since day one. When you say Call <Any Name> on <Cell, Work, ect> It will not understand me and ultimately fail and give up. I installed the update and it hasn't been fixed. I WAS SO PISSED. So now I am trying to figure out if it is just my MFT or my microphone, or if others are experiencing the same problem. If you have an iPhone 4 and the new updated MFT, of even the old one, When you say <Call> <Name> does it work? Please I need to know if it is just mine because that would tell me a lot. thanks for any answers I get.
I have been using an iPhone4 since I got the car and did the update yesterday. I have only made one call since the update and the voice worked fine (as it did in with the old version). I simply use the "Call <first name> <last name>" and have never had a problem. Do you have problems with other voice commands? Wondering if it is a microphone thing. If not, let me know and maybe we can compare settings.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #683
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet earlier in this thread but is anyone else really really excited about the new teeny tiny postage stamp-sized album art? The freaking forward, back, and pause buttons are now bigger than the album art.

I had also gotten in the habit of turning off music before turning off the car (for two reasons, first I figured the less it was initially trying to load all at once on the old version the better and second as it is remote start weather I didn't see the point of having my car sitting there playing music while it was warming up). Pulled into work today (I was on the Entertainment screen) and hit the power off using the physical button, as I always had. When I hit the power off button, it kept playing music but just switched the view to my home screen. Hit power off button again and it shut the music off and immediately turned it back on, hit power off again and it shut the music off and immediately turned it back on again, fourth time was a charm apparently as the music went off and stayed off.
I could NOT believe they downsized the album art so much... The play/pause/fwd/rwd buttons are HUGE. It is just ridiculous. And no timeline either....

It's nice this 'update' is more stable but it certainly took away a lot of features... and still left some obvious bugs.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #684
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
I could NOT believe they downsized the album art so much... The play/pause/fwd/rwd buttons are HUGE. It is just ridiculous. And no timeline either....

It's nice this 'update' is more stable but it certainly took away a lot of features... and still left some obvious bugs.

Elderly drivers don't care about album art and they can't see the buttons unless they take up HALF the screen.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #685
Emmortal
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92957
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Titanium

Points 20, Level 1
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Emmortal Good Standing Member
Quote:
I could NOT believe they downsized the album art so much... The play/pause/fwd/rwd buttons are HUGE. It is just ridiculous. And no timeline either.....
Yeah I was pretty shocked at that part of the layout myself. They basically just made those buttons as large as possible then formatted the rest around it leaving no space for album art. It's pretty ridiculous and almost small enough to say "why bother".

It's like we all get the "visually impaired" setting by default.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #686
me2000
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmortal View Post
Yeah I was pretty shocked at that part of the layout myself. They basically just made those buttons as large as possible then formatted the rest around it leaving no space for album art. It's pretty ridiculous and almost small enough to say "why bother".

It's like we all get the "visually impaired" setting by default.
Exactly. A driver needs to have at least 20/40 vision (at least in IL). I happen to have 20/15... why punish the vast majority of drivers who can see just fine? I don't need a huge button to pause my music. It reminds me of those giant remotes and calculators catered towards the senior community who have a hard time seeing.

Or give us the option!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #687
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:

That burns me too. Those buttons look absurd, it's almost embarrassing.

I've also noticed that the Sirius song title is displayed in the lower right corner on every screen except the homescreen. So apparently they think it's more important to see the song title that's playing while dialing the telephone than while it's displaying the default screen upon starting the vehicle.

Seriously, said so much I know, who the hell is in charge at Ford?

We need to aggregate these posts and make sure somebody at Ford is seeing them. I hope the reps that lurk this forum are doing this, because this was supposedly built based on "customer feedback".

I know it's great that it's more stable. But that is to be expected. Don't get overly excited about that, stability should not be part of an "upgrade". We deserve better than this.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #688
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
For those who are worried about copyrights and warranties, Ford released the download http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=5048
Quote:
For current MyFord Touch® / MyLincoln Touch™ owners, depending on your vehicle software configuration, the Performance Upgrade is now available on the Update & Customize page on the SYNC Owner website. For Navigation-equipped vehicle owners, if you choose to download the upgrade, please note you will have a non-functioning Navigation system until you receive the new SD card by mail.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #689
me2000
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
That burns me too. Those buttons look absurd, it's almost embarrassing.

I've also noticed that the Sirius song title is displayed in the lower right corner on every screen except the homescreen. So apparently they think it's more important to see the song title that's playing while dialing the telephone than while it's displaying the default screen upon starting the vehicle.

Seriously, said so much I know, who the hell is in charge at Ford?

We need to aggregate these posts and make sure somebody at Ford is seeing them. I hope the reps that lurk this forum are doing this, because this was supposedly built based on "customer feedback".

I know it's great that it's more stable. But that is to be expected. Don't get overly excited about that, stability should not be part of an "upgrade". We deserve better than this.
I noticed that as well! When I was at a red light I played around with it and noticed the song title was displaying on the phone/climate screens.... what??

I THINK the intention was to display the song title and artist in the actual quadrant on the home page. Instead, it simply displays the station name.... How about display the station logo like it currently does and then display the song and artist?

For example:

This is really simple stuff... I can't believe all this got overlooked.

And what's with the HUGE compass with the non-nav systems??
Old 03-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #690
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
And what's with the HUGE compass with the non-nav systems??
Which is redundant, it's on the instrument cluster. I would rather see the freaking temp outside.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.