My Ford Touch Thread - Page 68 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #671
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Unhappy I am seriously about to lose it... PLEASE HELP

So I updated my MFT today and as expected it is faster and more stable. Don't necessarily miss whats gone but that is just me. I was looking forward to the update to fix one problem that I have had since day one. When you say Call <Any Name> on <Cell, Work, ect> It will not understand me and ultimately fail and give up. I installed the update and it hasn't been fixed. I WAS SO PISSED. So now I am trying to figure out if it is just my MFT or my microphone, or if others are experiencing the same problem. If you have an iPhone 4 and the new updated MFT, of even the old one, When you say <Call> <Name> does it work? Please I need to know if it is just mine because that would tell me a lot. thanks for any answers I get.
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #672
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Nope...it shouldn't. There's no need to have that many notches if you're only going to *use* every other one. The worst part is if you change the volume when it's on one of the notches it won't even bring up the volume control until you change it further. It's completely ridiculous.

Please tell me how it's obvious...because if that were true I'd understand.
The granularity of the volume control was greatly increased. I was hoping that they would fix it (many people complained about it) and they did.

What they didn't do was change the graphic for the volume control which is obviously not a problem considering that:
1) The purpose of the graphic is simply to give you a rough idea of the volume setting. It clearly has no precise meaning.
2) You normally use your ears to adjust the volume control and not your eyes.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #673
Emmortal
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92957
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Emmortal Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
So I updated my MFT today and as expected it is faster and more stable. Don't necessarily miss whats gone but that is just me. I was looking forward to the update to fix one problem that I have had since day one. When you say Call <Any Name> on <Cell, Work, ect> It will not understand me and ultimately fail and give up. I installed the update and it hasn't been fixed. I WAS SO PISSED. So now I am trying to figure out if it is just my MFT or my microphone, or if others are experiencing the same problem. If you have an iPhone 4 and the new updated MFT, of even the old one, When you say <Call> <Name> does it work? Please I need to know if it is just mine because that would tell me a lot. thanks for any answers I get.
I don't have any issue speaking names with the MFT and using my iPhone 4.

You may want to check that it's listing your contacts as <firstname><lastname> and not <lastname>,<firstname>. I had a Fiesta before this and one day it decided to reverse everything and I couldn't get it to understand anything at all, turns out it was just going by how my phone was set.

A quick browse of the phone book on your MFT should tell you if that's the case. If it is, you can change that I believe in the settings on your iPhone under Mail, Contacts and Calendar.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #674
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
The granularity of the volume control was greatly increased. I was hoping that they would fix it (many people complained about it) and they did.

What they didn't do was change the graphic for the volume control which is obviously not a problem considering that:
1) The purpose of the graphic is simply to give you a rough idea of the volume setting. It clearly has no precise meaning.
Think you need to learn the difference between an excuse and an explanation. Also, apparently the definition of the word "obvious."
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:01 AM   #675
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Think you need to learn the difference between an excuse and an explanation. Also, apparently the definition of the word "obvious."
No, not at all.

What matters is that the operation of the volume control itself was improved.

The screen graphic for the volume control does not affect the operation or usability of the system.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:47 AM   #676
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Works quite well. Iphone 4 does not support contact images or music browsing. But it does download the contact list quickly and then the MFT system allows for the dictation you describe. If there's more than one number per contact a confirmation question will prompt you for which one to dial.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:14 AM   #677
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
No, not at all.

What matters is that the operation of the volume control itself was improved.

The screen graphic for the volume control does not affect the operation or usability of the system.
Actually, it does. Using your logic, MFT has no point whatsoever since you can do everything else using other controls and as such, usability isn't affected if the software just stops working. Having a way to get around an issue does not mean the issue ceases to exist. Improvement is useful, but when it introduces new issues, it's not something to be ignored.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #678
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
So I updated my MFT today and as expected it is faster and more stable. Don't necessarily miss whats gone but that is just me. I was looking forward to the update to fix one problem that I have had since day one. When you say Call on It will not understand me and ultimately fail and give up. I installed the update and it hasn't been fixed. I WAS SO PISSED. So now I am trying to figure out if it is just my MFT or my microphone, or if others are experiencing the same problem. If you have an iPhone 4 and the new updated MFT, of even the old one, When you say does it work? Please I need to know if it is just mine because that would tell me a lot. thanks for any answers I get.
Ever try saying call and then who you want to call at the same time? For example - call home? Has your phonebook been downloaded? Because if its not, it won't work.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 03-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #679
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet earlier in this thread but is anyone else really really excited about the new teeny tiny postage stamp-sized album art? The freaking forward, back, and pause buttons are now bigger than the album art.

I had also gotten in the habit of turning off music before turning off the car (for two reasons, first I figured the less it was initially trying to load all at once on the old version the better and second as it is remote start weather I didn't see the point of having my car sitting there playing music while it was warming up). Pulled into work today (I was on the Entertainment screen) and hit the power off using the physical button, as I always had. When I hit the power off button, it kept playing music but just switched the view to my home screen. Hit power off button again and it shut the music off and immediately turned it back on, hit power off again and it shut the music off and immediately turned it back on again, fourth time was a charm apparently as the music went off and stayed off.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #680
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:

Thanks for explaining that Ford enhanced the granularity of the actual sound volume and that is VERY good news. I think the graphical oversight was a pretty bonehead move on their part but I'll gladly suffer it compared to the old problem.

You're a very helpful poster up here and I definitely don't want to waste space getting into spat with you but I was also puzzled how you expected anyone to understand what was "obvious" since many of the folks up here have not used the upgrade very long or at all. It's all good though.

Bookmarks & Social Networks