My Ford Touch Thread - Page 66 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #651
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I guess that rumor that it was getting re-wrote from the ground up is de-bunked if the same errors and error handling(i.e. throw up graphic and re-boot) is happening.

Seriously Ford you have lost a customer forever. Can't express my disappointment enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #652
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsp_53 View Post
"The" update has been downloaded via syncmyride.com and is currently installing.

OK, this is getting freaking old ... the install froze on "Installing File 3 of 15 ...". Master reset via MFT had absolutely no effect, so I just had to do the old standby ... pull fuse 67 & 79. That reset the system and allowed the install to restart. It quickly advanced to file 3, so we shall see. It's a good thing I had no plans tonight!

Hatch Nation #174
Old 03-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #653
jcornwall
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88283
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti YB Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jcornwall Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsp_53 View Post
OK, this is getting freaking old ... the install froze on "Installing File 3 of 15 ...". Master reset via MFT had absolutely no effect, so I just had to do the old standby ... pull fuse 67 & 79. That reset the system and allowed the install to restart. It quickly advanced to file 3, so we shall see. It's a good thing I had no plans tonight!

That's the one that was tripping me up. Had to fuse reset as well.

It should go through that step pretty quickly. I switched from a USB stick to SD card (my laptop has a reader/writer) and it worked great.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #654
-sokO
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93367
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 -sokO Good Standing Member
Just installed the MFT update downloaded from syncmyride.com. Works well so far, I only played around with it for 5minutes as it's pouring down rain and cold outside. Ill give it a whirl tomorrow on the 25minute drive to work to really test it though.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #655
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 frosted glass SEL '67 Gal vert.

FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Probably get flamed for this, but I wonder why everyone who is complaining about the 'new' version is so upset? Did you WAIT for it to come as Ford intended or did you get it from the internet? Because they haven't sent it to you yet. Do you know this file is without bugs and loaded properly? Could it be that had you WAITED as you should have for the ACTUAL USB update you may not have these bugs? It is a COPY over the internet. Not the same. I know some expert will say it is the same but I wouldn't trust anything like that to a web based download. TOO much info to trust to all the issues. AND there was solar flair activities which cause issues with internet traffic. So maybe before you get so upset at Ford you should do what they intended, wait for it like you SHOULD have and then if it doesn't work you have some legitimate reason to complain. Your copy from the web is a pirated copy for all it will be public info soon. Don't blame Ford for your impatience and fraudulent copy.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #656
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerschro View Post
Probably get flamed for this, but I wonder why everyone who is complaining about the 'new' version is so upset? Did you WAIT for it to come as Ford intended or did you get it from the internet? Because they haven't sent it to you yet. Do you know this file is without bugs and loaded properly? Could it be that had you WAITED as you should have for the ACTUAL USB update you may not have these bugs? It is a COPY over the internet. Not the same. I know some expert will say it is the same but I wouldn't trust anything like that to a web based download. TOO much info to trust to all the issues. AND there was solar flair activities which cause issues with internet traffic. So maybe before you get so upset at Ford you should do what they intended, wait for it like you SHOULD have and then if it doesn't work you have some legitimate reason to complain. Your copy from the web is a pirated copy for all it will be public info soon. Don't blame Ford for your impatience and fraudulent copy.
Wow... You can download online from Ford directly...
Old 03-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #657
txskeets
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85127
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 4 txskeets Good Standing Member
No disrespect intended, but...really?? Solar flares causing issues with internet traffic. Thats what the MD5 checksum is for. To verify that your download is not corrupt.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #658
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
The dealer did mine today. I had my car in for remote start install and bad lumbar lever. The manager called me to let me know they just got their update pack in and asked if i wanted to try it. It took them 1 hour to install. No problems. I retained most of my settings. I reconnected my phone without issue. Indexing of my music took about the same time as before (40 gigs).
Phone call quality was the same. Voice recognition is more responsive (no delays) but I wouldn't say it recognizes words better. It will just turn on and off faster.
Button responsiveness is the huge improvement. Although the system is not all that much faster, 99% of everything there works. I found 2 instances where button presses did not work (one I remember offhand was the shuffle function on the USB media... it would not let me select it until I selected something else then changed it back to shuffle). Buttons have a consistent response with lag still being there, but not unpredictable as before.

The NAV maps are better, with some photos added for realism (seems like the stadiums in my city have photo overlays now) as well as more 3D buildings added. The street names are less scattered and jumpy. Not much of a speed increase.

The new MFT upgrade extends the warranty of our systems, said my tech, but he didn't have the paper in front of him saying for how long.

Iphone connectivity is the same. Still no indexing or contact photos. I'm auto-syncing contacts at start and it doesn't slow down the system at all.

Switching media tracks is pretty much instantaneous now, as is loading album art, thought he art is noticeably smaller.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #659
txskeets
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85127
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 4 txskeets Good Standing Member
And to once again be clear...this is NOT pirated software. The software was obtained LEGALLY from a Ford dealership.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #660
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by txskeets View Post
And to once again be clear...this is NOT pirated software. The software was obtained LEGALLY from a Ford dealership.
Thank you for clearing that up. Blaming us for finding obvious bugs just because we downloaded the update online...

Bookmarks & Social Networks