2012 Focus 2.0L Ti-VCT GDI I-4 MOD suggestions - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #21
Jkrumm
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94565
What I Drive: 2012, Charcoal Gray Focus SE-Manual

FF Reputation: 1 Jkrumm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
You would be shocked to put a datalogger on the 2012 and see what happens with just changing the drop in filter , adding headers almost any change

This engine is new to the Focus but not new to me I have been working with it in the Mazda for a few years

I wouldnt do many changes to the 2012 till some tuning comes out

Tom
Would you suggest just popping off the top lid and replacing the stock filter with an after market cone filter? I am looking at doing some sort of intake work to get a little more performance and sound out of it. Thank you for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #22
Shorvok
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94815
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 Shorvok Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkrumm View Post
Would you suggest just popping off the top lid and replacing the stock filter with an after market cone filter? I am looking at doing some sort of intake work to get a little more performance and sound out of it. Thank you for your time.
Supposedly a lot of parts including the Roush parts are coming in the next couple months. I'm waiting for those personally.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
Jkrumm
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94565
What I Drive: 2012, Charcoal Gray Focus SE-Manual

FF Reputation: 1 Jkrumm Good Standing Member
Aftermarket Filter

I swapped out the stock air filter with an aftermarket cone filter and put the box cover back on to keep out the hot air. Not only did it completely change the sound but also when i get up to about 3000 rpm i feel a slight increase in the overall performace. The throttle response stayed the same and from take off i did not notice any real change. Like i said only when i hit about 3000 rpm in each gear do i feel a difference. Does anyone have any advice as to why this might happen. I mean i am happy with the results and can not complain with the sound but i would like to see more of a gain off the start.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->