My Ford Touch Thread - Page 43 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #421
akelley3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90272
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Metallic SEL

FF Reputation: 1 akelley3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So I installed it and have been playing around with it for the past 30 minutes or so and the verdict is...........Awesome!

It is faster and, to put it simply, it just works.

The main things I'm really happy about are:

-the bluetooth connection displays proper track names and updates whenever a new song plays.
- album artwork updates from the device when connected by USB, even when playing Pandora
- didn't freeze at all when I was playing around with it even though I was hitting button after button and switching tasks fairly quckly

I don't mind that there is just one home screen now. I had a wallpaper in the background and I could read everything just fine. Temp is only on the driver's LCD which I would like to have on larger screen instead of compass, but not that big of a deal. The one thing that was weird was that volume was acting up a little bit. It would increase in decrease fine both by turning the knob and pressing the steering wheel button, but sometimes it wouldn't show up on the MFT screen or it would take forever to show up. Again, for me not a big deal, but just a little strange.

I am so stoked though and can't wait to try it out on my way to work tomorrow. If you live near Chicago stay off the road tomorrow! I'll be driving distracted!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 02:57 AM   #422
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88545
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
In reading all the posts and reviews of the update and watching all the videos I have 2 questions I was hoping someone with the update could answer.

-In one of the videos I saw an option for Ambient lighting in the menus. Does this new system allow us to change that in MFT? Or do we still have to use the dedicated button?

-If the Shortcut home screen doesn't exist anymore how do you set whats your "Favorite" or "Star" buttons do?

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #423
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Installed this morning, mad props to seseattle for linking it!

First impression: not impressed. Graphics are blocky and have an unfinished look to them. It reminds me of the remote control I bought my grandma with the giant a$$ buttons on it so she can see it. I absolutely HATE that they removed the track/radio info from the bottom left corner, and replaced it with nothing. It's just weird empty red space now. Haven't played with it long enough to test functionality, but I'm not digging the way it looks. Someone please hack this thing and skin it.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #424
tkcrabtree
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96046
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Grey Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 tkcrabtree Good Standing Member
Dropbox disabled the link, any chance it can get uploaded elsewhere?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #425
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkcrabtree View Post
Dropbox disabled the link, any chance it can get uploaded elsewhere?
risky business now. Ford obviously none to pleased

EDIT: Oh, I see, we obviously were a little too eager to download. Anyone have storage on a better server/hosting site?
Old 03-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #426
OldArmy07
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87215
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 OldArmy07 Good Standing Member
I'm uploading to my dropbox account now. It will take a while, but I'll post the link when I'm done.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #427
txskeets
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85127
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 4 txskeets Good Standing Member
How big is the file? I've got some web space I can host it on that wont get disabled for over use depending on how big the file is.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #428
OldArmy07
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87215
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 OldArmy07 Good Standing Member
730mb or so. I'll host it on dropbox and then PM you the link so you can make sure to download it before it's removed.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #429
txskeets
Focus Enthusiast

Cool....I can host that on my site. I'm going to see if I can make a quick subarea on my website to make it easy on everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy07 View Post
730mb or so. I'll host it on dropbox and then PM you the link so you can make sure to download it before it's removed.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #430
txskeets
Focus Enthusiast

Too much of a pain to create a new, quick website, so I will just put this up on my main site as soon as I have the link. Its unlimited bandwith so the file wont get blocked. As soon as I have the file and have it uploaded, I will post the link here for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txskeets View Post
Cool....I can host that on my site. I'm going to see if I can make a quick subarea on my website to make it easy on everyone.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.