2010/2011 Focus Transmission Problems - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #21
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami1960 View Post
Not sure what you mean by PM you. I would be glad to give you an opportunity to resolve this issue, although I have spoken to a customer service representative at Ford Customer Service. If you feel you can make a difference, contact me at...
You can private message me by clicking on my user name in the box to the left, and selecting "Private message FordCustomerService" in the drop down box. I suggest editing your post as well, to remove your number from a public forum.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #22
CourtneyNYC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86057
What I Drive: 2010 - Sterling Gray&2012 White Ti

FF Reputation: 1 CourtneyNYC Good Standing Member
Shame to see all these concerns over transmission problems. I just had a tranmission replaced on my 2006 Ford F-150 ($3,400) last week and bought this Focus (my 2nd) as a cheap daily driver here in NYC.

I'm hoping the various threads about transmission problems are an anomolly and that Ford will promptly step up and resolve it.

I find myself listening much closer for any noise . . .

:)
Old 09-07-2011, 01:45 AM   #23
DJ2BIG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49192
What I Drive: 2012 Winter Frost SE

FF Reputation: -6 DJ2BIG Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I bought my car in May and i'm about to trade it in after trading this post

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using FF Mobile
Old 09-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #24
sami1960
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88901
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 sami1960 Good Standing Member
probably the smartest move you could make....get rid of it!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #25
cvincf25
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96021
What I Drive: 2011, black, Focus

FF Reputation: 1 cvincf25 Good Standing Member
2011 Focus problems

Hi I have had my focus for almost a year now and for the last 9 months, yes I said 9 months out of 12 the transmission has kept going out. I've had it fixed twice already and last friday it acted up again while I was driving on the highway!!!It shifted on its own and redlined then my car down shifted on its own while an 18 wheeler was on my tail, by the grace of god I was able to pull on the side of the road and turn my car off. I could have been seriously injured and thats not the first time thats happened while I was driving the car. I thought the problem was fixed the first time, when it almost caused me to wreck as well. Now this is the third time and to be honest I'm terrified to drive my car again, the third time I could wreck!!

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? what are my options with this new care?
Old 03-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #26
sami1960
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88901
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 sami1960 Good Standing Member
My best advice - get rid of it!! Its my understanding that once a repair is attempted 3 times without success you can pursue lemon law. Ford requires you to go through the BBB first, which is a nightmare in itself. The problem with the process is you are just one person up against a big corporation. Guess who wins! Be prepared to become stressed and exhausted by the process. Good luck!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #27
longview
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95966
What I Drive: f150

FF Reputation: 1 longview Good Standing Member
are there problems with late production 2012's transmissions? I'm thinking about buying a newfocus hatchback, but after reading all the trans problems I really have to think about it.it seems the late 2012 are better,or is that wishful thinking? thanks.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #28
cvincf25
Focus Rookie

I would advise you not to buy a Ford Focus!! I just got off the phone with a customer service rep and she advised me that I'm not authorized for a buy back at this time, but I do qualify to get a new transmission this time!!! Wow it only took three times for my transmission to go out for me to get a new one!!! What a joke!. The lady also had the nerve to say, we can't always anticipate when a cars mechanical system goes bad, well yes you can, don't sell me some crap you can't stand behind. I'm so upset with Ford and will never again buy anything Ford!!! It's a shame because I drive over 30,000 miles a year and get a new car every three years, and thats a lot of business that they get to miss out on!!

I hope whomever reads this, gets to be warned and saved from hours of stress!! buy GM products and save yourself time and money!!!! As soon as I get my car back I'm going straight to trade it in on a car I can count on.

And anyone who lives in the Saint Charles Area, stay away from Dave Sinclair, horrible service, they are equally responsible for not fixing my car right as well. So Please be warned!!! Horrible Horrible service!!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #29
cvincf25
Focus Rookie

Thanks for the advise, I went through the BBB, but the lady from Ford said I don't qualify for a buy back and that I should be happy with getting a new transmission.

I think she should get in my car and drive it around and see how she feels when the transmission goes out then I can say well, we can't always plan for issues!! Stupid Idiot!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #30
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvincf25 View Post
Hi I have had my focus for almost a year now and for the last 9 months, yes I said 9 months out of 12 the transmission has kept going out. I've had it fixed twice already and last friday it acted up again while I was driving on the highway!!!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvincf25 View Post
... I just got off the phone with a customer service rep and she advised me that I'm not authorized for a buy back at this time, but I do qualify to get a new transmission this time!!! Wow it only took three times for my transmission to go out for me to get a new one!!!...
Hi cvincf25,

Your frustration is heard loud and clear!

It sounds as though you have a Customer Service Manager reviewing your case. Would you be willing to provide me the case number via PM? I'll see what I can do from my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longview View Post
are there problems with late production 2012's transmissions? I'm thinking about buying a newfocus hatchback, but after reading all the trans problems I really have to think about it.it seems the late 2012 are better,or is that wishful thinking? thanks.
Hey longview,

It's understandable your concern after reading the thread. However, be aware, Ford has striven to address Focus owner concerns as well as educate on the ins and outs of the Powershift technology. When you have a moment, peruse the forum and you'll find owners who are happily cruising around in their Focus.

In the meantime, continue researching, but don't allow these concerns to stop you from owning your very own Focus.

Here's some info about the PowerShift transmission. Check it out when you have a moment and let me know if you have any questions.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks