SYNC System Thread - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #81
Sargetalon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95695
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Sargetalon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I tried to use sync services for directions. After 10 tries throughout the first few days of ownership, the call would just end and directions would never complete the download. I tried 1 more time and finally completed the download and no directions or prompts came up so I gave up. The next 8 hours of driving had random directions to who knows where pop up at various times without a way to cancel. Finally cleared out. Don't think I'll be using that again. Way too quirky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #82
thelongone13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95644
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 thelongone13 Good Standing Member
My phone locked up and took Sync with it today.

A Ford Focus driver with ADD
Old 03-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #83
PENGU1N
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95988
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus

FF Reputation: 1 PENGU1N Good Standing Member
Sync re-set... how do I pull fuse?

My MFT on my new Focus has been frozen (again) for the past 2 days. I saw on here that I am supposed to pull the fuse and replace but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to pull the fuse. Is there a tool to pull it out?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #84
Sargetalon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95695
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Sargetalon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENGU1N View Post
My MFT on my new Focus has been frozen (again) for the past 2 days. I saw on here that I am supposed to pull the fuse and replace but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to pull the fuse. Is there a tool to pull it out?
You can carefully use a pair of needle nose pliers if you have them handy or buy a dedicated fuse puller which is just a small plastic piece. Quick and easy though is if you look in one of the fuse bays under the hood, there is actually a fuse puller included and you can just use that. Be careful with the pull though because I blew the fuse when I went to re-insert them.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #85
bedoya_d94
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96169
What I Drive: 2011 Black SES

FF Reputation: 1 bedoya_d94 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Is there a way to change the SYNC ring tone when somebody calls you?
Old 03-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #86
famousmortimer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96225
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 famousmortimer Good Standing Member
Sync Head Unit Location?

I have a question regarding the Sync with MyFordTouch on a new 2012 Focus. I have had prior a 2009 SEL Sedan that was killed in an accident and then a 2010 SEL Sedan that I had just traded in. On both of these cars, there was a hidden USB2 port available directly on the Sync head unit that was reachable via the passenger side dash. This was useful as it was a powered USB port and it allowed me to utilize larger size external hard drives without the need for another power source. Function was selectable via voice command.

With my new 2012 car, I cannot find the actual Sync head unit. I have looked through the forums here and have not found yet a location map as to where the actual Sync head unit is. I have the 2 USB in the center armrest configuration, but I was curious is maybe the head unit has a 3rd usb port that I can directly wire into. If anyone has details as to where the Sync head unit is located in the car with this model year, it would be appreciated as I'm not looking to want to tear through the dash unless I have to.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #87
famousmortimer
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousmortimer View Post
I have a question regarding the Sync with MyFordTouch on a new 2012 Focus. I have had prior a 2009 SEL Sedan that was killed in an accident and then a 2010 SEL Sedan that I had just traded in. On both of these cars, there was a hidden USB2 port available directly on the Sync head unit that was reachable via the passenger side dash. This was useful as it was a powered USB port and it allowed me to utilize larger size external hard drives without the need for another power source. Function was selectable via voice command.

With my new 2012 car, I cannot find the actual Sync head unit. I have looked through the forums here and have not found yet a location map as to where the actual Sync head unit is. I have the 2 USB in the center armrest configuration, but I was curious is maybe the head unit has a 3rd usb port that I can directly wire into. If anyone has details as to where the Sync head unit is located in the car with this model year, it would be appreciated as I'm not looking to want to tear through the dash unless I have to.
Found the answer to my question. Please disregard post.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #88
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
What was the answer?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #89
famousmortimer
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
What was the answer?
I was directed to this post:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...highlight=usb2
Old 03-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #90
DAC17
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85128
What I Drive: 2012 Tricoat Yellow Blaze SE

FF Reputation: 1 DAC17 Good Standing Member
Is it possible to respond to a text message via voice?

Thanks.

Bookmarks & Social Networks