Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 80 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #791
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,219, Level 35
Points: 3,219, Level: 35 Points: 3,219, Level: 35 Points: 3,219, Level: 35
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Noemi, you have a PM. Thanks!
Hey Zillion,

Thanks for the info. Keep me posted on the results of the visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
I am going to have to note here that it's now been 2 weeks and I have not received a response or a read message receipt. I have also sent additional information on the rainlamp/rain sensor situation today…Also, your PM box is full…
Quote:
…I am being blatently ignored my FordCustomerService at this point as there was 6 posts by them yesterday, yet they didn't respond here. I still don't have any message read confirmations...
Quote:
Another new one today on MyFord Touch. My clock went backwards after I set it and went to the home screen......
Hello csvt2060,

As I stated before, your questions are quite detailed. I am not an engineer or a technician so it does require thorough research from multiple individuals and departments in order to assure a correct answer from time to time.

As to not posting on this specific thread, please keep in mind that I am active on several forums and threads and not in the business of ignoring a customer’s concern. I definitely strive to be as transparent as possible with everyone I interact with and thank you for your patience.

As soon I have the information you’re requesting I will send you an update.

My partner Jaclyn's handle is FordIVTteam; she will be able to address your concern about the MyFordTouch system.

Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyldavidson View Post
I will be taking mine to the dealer next week for the third time and each time they say they cannot find anything wrong...denial I think.
Hi jeffreyldavidson,

I have replied to your PM. Please supply the requested info when you have a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedleo View Post
Now well over 12K miles and the transmission still clatters at the up-shifts into 2nd and 4th, and just had the "revs but no power" issue again, all after having the transmission re-programmed....
Hey Reedleo,

I've also received your PM. Can you please provide me the requested info.

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #792
jojohnson1120
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95794
What I Drive: 2012 Gray sFe

FF Reputation: 1 jojohnson1120 Good Standing Member
Glad to see that this is not only my car that this is happening too, I have a 2012 Focus sFe that shutters sometimes. It has gotten better with mileage and upon first noticing the problem iimmediately thought to give the vehicle time to get broken in. I will give it another month to see if the problem goes away completely
Old 03-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #793
ZF2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95804
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ZF2012 Good Standing Member
I am so glad I spotted this thread. Just yesterday, I got into an accident that had potential to be so much worse. As many of you guys have said, I had the stutter in my Focus when I first drove it and still do, to this day. I also experience the car performing different tasks in certain gears. For example, if I go in reverse, before it goes in reverse, my car will go forward. I'm not talking an inch or so, I'm talking a few feet. It's pretty dangerous and freaks me out when I'm in traffic because it also happens if I tap on the break a particular way.

I also noticed that my '12 FF is very..weird..with turns. I can't explain it. But yesterday, it definitely was prominent. I was turning onto a block around my house, and as I was making the right turn, I found myself turning the wheel and the car wasn't turning in my direction. I was making a turn and the only thing I could think about doing was stepping on the break. I stepped on the break and nothin'. I wound up hitting a tree and leaving the scene with a flat tire, dent in the front and a piece of my bumper hanging off. As I drove back to my house (just up the block) the wheel was extremely loose and felt somewhat as if it were disconnected to the car. I immediately got my tire changed and then left my car in my driveway. This morning, I had a tow truck come to drop it off at my dealer because I refused to drive it.

My filed a report with Ford and they're investigating the issue. The service man told me that there very well may have been issues that led to the accident pertaining to the car because it's a brand new car, it's packed with new stuff, new this, new that, yaddah yaddah.

I'm mainly posting this just to give a heads up to people and let my fellow '12 FF owners some info. I'm sorry if I scared anyone! lol I definitely should've taken the car in as soon as I noticed the stutter and the reversal issues. :( I really regret not doing so.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #794
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZF2012 View Post
I am so glad I spotted this thread. Just yesterday, I got into an accident that had potential to be so much worse. As many of you guys have said, I had the stutter in my Focus when I first drove it and still do, to this day. I also experience the car performing different tasks in certain gears. For example, if I go in reverse, before it goes in reverse, my car will go forward. I'm not talking an inch or so, I'm talking a few feet. It's pretty dangerous and freaks me out when I'm in traffic because it also happens if I tap on the break a particular way.

I also noticed that my '12 FF is very..weird..with turns. I can't explain it. But yesterday, it definitely was prominent. I was turning onto a block around my house, and as I was making the right turn, I found myself turning the wheel and the car wasn't turning in my direction. I was making a turn and the only thing I could think about doing was stepping on the break. I stepped on the break and nothin'. I wound up hitting a tree and leaving the scene with a flat tire, dent in the front and a piece of my bumper hanging off. As I drove back to my house (just up the block) the wheel was extremely loose and felt somewhat as if it were disconnected to the car. I immediately got my tire changed and then left my car in my driveway. This morning, I had a tow truck come to drop it off at my dealer because I refused to drive it.

My filed a report with Ford and they're investigating the issue. The service man told me that there very well may have been issues that led to the accident pertaining to the car because it's a brand new car, it's packed with new stuff, new this, new that, yaddah yaddah.

I'm mainly posting this just to give a heads up to people and let my fellow '12 FF owners some info. I'm sorry if I scared anyone! lol I definitely should've taken the car in as soon as I noticed the stutter and the reversal issues. :( I really regret not doing so.

Wow that could have been really bad. Glad you didnt get hurt. Hopefully they will work well with you on this. Goodluck.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #795
ZF2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95804
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ZF2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
Wow that could have been really bad. Glad you didnt get hurt. Hopefully they will work well with you on this. Goodluck.
Yes, I hope so, too! Thank you!v
Old 03-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #796
sailawaysg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93677
What I Drive: 2012,white,Focus

FF Reputation: 1 sailawaysg Good Standing Member
no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojohnson1120 View Post
Glad to see that this is not only my car that this is happening too, I have a 2012 Focus sFe that shutters sometimes. It has gotten better with mileage and upon first noticing the problem iimmediately thought to give the vehicle time to get broken in. I will give it another month to see if the problem goes away completely
I've been told by ford that the shudder on take off is normal and that's it. I'll never buy another pos ford. After owning over 100 cars this is just bad design. Should have bought a good used Mercedes for the same price!!!

Last edited by sailawaysg; 03-01-2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: P.O.S
Old 03-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #797
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,844, Level 32
Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailawaysg View Post
I've been told by ford that the shudder on take off is normal and that's it. I'll never buy another pos ford. After owning over 100 cars this is just bad design. Should have bought a good used Mercedes for the same price!!!
How many miles are on your car? It is normal to have a little weirdness until the "green" clutches break-in, which takes 1,000 miles or so (longer if you do lots of highway driving). So I wouldn't brand it a pos quite yet.

If you think you have enough miles to have broken in the clutches be aware that some have found a series of 5 or 6 full throttle launches can accelerate the break-in process and eliminate the clutch chatter.

If none of these work, you have a problem that most assuredly is not normal. Take it in to your dealer until they fix it. If they can't, find another dealer.

I had the same problem. It has almost completely disappeared now that it has 1,600 miles or so.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #798
sailawaysg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93677
What I Drive: 2012,white,Focus

FF Reputation: 1 sailawaysg Good Standing Member
I have 5000 miles on it now and was told by FMC that some chatter was "normal".
Old 03-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #799
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,844, Level 32
Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailawaysg View Post
I have 5000 miles on it now and was told by FMC that some chatter was "normal".
FMC as in the Dearborn folks? Hadn't heard that one before. Have you tried the 5 full-throttle launch remedy?
Old 03-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #800
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
My clutch parts are in for the even (2, 4, 6) transmission side. Earliest they may install is Thursday.

Hoping this takes care of the problem! "Cue holding breath suspense scene!"

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.