DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 67 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #661
NVaZN
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85144
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 NVaZN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dct tsb

I could do that, but just wish I could find multiple listings of the TSB, just in case they say the same thing. Most of the TSB lookup sites don't list it, only the steering TSB. I had taken in to get the oil changed and car washed and just noticed how large of difference was in the loaner Focus they gave me while accelerating and then found the post on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytonya View Post
Go to a different dealer?

---
I am here: Posted Via FF Mobilexeupcs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #662
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVaZN View Post
Took my car to the dealership over the weekend. Service manager said the technician spoke to a Ford engineer and said there was no TSB even though I took the one printed from this site to him. I have not found the TSB on other sites though. Build date of my car is 8/1. Any suggestions?
I had to threaten to start taking my car to a rival dealership for future servicing before they found the 12-1-4 TSB for me. Twice on the phone and a stop to the service shop and their service techs could not find it. I finally wrote an email to the shop manager and he took care of me. Ford couldn't tell me why they couldn't find it first either. Keep pressing.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #663
TitaniumGero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88508
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
Hey guys.

So I checked on etis.ford.com and input my VIN. It says on the TSB tab that I do not need an update. Is this false? My build date is May 18. I haven't had any updates done on it since I picked it up on July. Anything else I should update?
Old 02-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #664
Focussed2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94425
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 2 Focussed2012 Good Standing Member
Is there a way to know if my car has been updated? It was built 09.11.2011 according to www.Etis.Ford.com, but that site doesn't show any "Outstanding Field Service Actions". Frustrating to not know if they flashed it before I picked it up in January, 2012.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #665
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 5,811, Level 49
Points: 5,811, Level: 49 Points: 5,811, Level: 49 Points: 5,811, Level: 49
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
I had to threaten to start taking my car to a rival dealership for future servicing before they found the 12-1-4 TSB for me. Twice on the phone and a stop to the service shop and their service techs could not find it. I finally wrote an email to the shop manager and he took care of me. Ford couldn't tell me why they couldn't find it first either. Keep pressing.
I told them to make sure it had the latest updates before I took delivery on Jan 31st. They said they did but the service dept didn't even know the TSB 12-1-4- existed until I made that request (on Jan 29th). How do they not know about it for several weeks? Granted this particular dealership didn't seem to do a lot of Focus business. But I have a feeling they would've stonewalled me had I not inferred I'd hold up the sale until it was done.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #666
Mayonaze
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92949
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL HBack DCT

FF Reputation: 1 Mayonaze Good Standing Member
I went to the local dealer to get my DRLs enabled and they didn't know anything about it or how to do it until I brought in the info from this forum. After a month I decided that I would prefer to have them DISABLED and they can't do it. For some reason they had a different software version when they used the scan took to ENABLE the DRLs but since then they have new software which is preventing them from DISABLING the DRLs. That's their explanation. They suggested going to another dealer to see if they had the older software. What a crock of shit!!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #667
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonaze View Post
I went to the local dealer to get my DRLs enabled and they didn't know anything about it or how to do it until I brought in the info from this forum. After a month I decided that I would prefer to have them DISABLED and they can't do it. For some reason they had a different software version when they used the scan took to ENABLE the DRLs but since then they have new software which is preventing them from DISABLING the DRLs. That's their explanation. They suggested going to another dealer to see if they had the older software. What a crock of shit!!
that's a load of B.S. i had them enabled when i bought the care and hated the fact that EVERY exterior light was on when drls are enabled so i went back to the dealer and for a fee (first time was free) they disabled the drls... i then had the fogs rewired to be drls and provided a toggle switch so that they can be turned on/off at will... very happy w/ my decision.. I did this as well w/ my '01 focus and in 10 years have not had any issue.
I'd go to a different dealer and tell the originals ones to shoved their poor service.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #668
Mayonaze
Focus Enthusiast

That's why I never purchased from them and simply went to their service department because it was local and convenient. When I go to the dealership where I purchased my car for my first oil change, I'll have them do it.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #669
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

Points 479, Level 9
Points: 479, Level: 9 Points: 479, Level: 9 Points: 479, Level: 9
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonaze View Post
That's why I never purchased from them and simply went to their service department because it was local and convenient. When I go to the dealership where I purchased my car for my first oil change, I'll have them do it.
Dude ... this the DCT thread not the DRL thread.

Make another thread if you want to talk about your DRL problem.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #670
Mayonaze
Focus Enthusiast

Easy there big guy. My point was the inability of certain service departments to be absolutely clueless as it was pointed out in this thread irregardless of the problem. Was I asking for advice? Nope. Thanks dude

Bookmarks & Social Networks