NO indicator for winshield wiper fluid - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #21
unclebrud
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85754
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S (Ingot Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 unclebrud Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wow, you guys are really getting worked up here. Maybe you should fill it every 2-4 weeks during the winter? That would solve this issue...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #22
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
remember when cars required that you actually check the fluids yourself, as a responsible driver? I'm only 30, and those days seem so long ago...

I wonder if you'd be more screwed when the low fluid light comes on, and you use it until it runs out, or if you just use it till it runs out, with no little indicator light? hmmm...

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #23
xpeterbilt387x
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 54461
What I Drive: 14' PB ST2

FF Reputation: 3 xpeterbilt387x Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttnmthkngs420 View Post
yes...we do get snow...

and yes...thats more than 1-2 inches.
Yes they do get snow in VA. Unfortunately this picture was probably a one time deal... When this happens in VA, EVERYTHING closes for like 2 days because they don't have the equipment to deal with it as quickly as we do. (Nothing against you Kttnmthkngs420) As for the Indicator lamp. sure it may be a "convenient" feature. But do you REALLY need it? As said before. Check your fluids. top them off and you shouldn't have to worry.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #24
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttnmthkngs420 View Post
This is why I tend to keep mine full. If i THINK I may be getting low...guess what I fill it. I don't need something to tell me when to fill it. What ever did u guys do before this technological breakthrough!? And believe it or not..we do get snow in this part of the world.
I fill mine fairly frequently, but I went through an entire reservoir in under 2 weeks mid-winter when we got hit with a bad snowstorm. For 2 weeks solid everything was slush and dirt, so every time I got on the highway (at least twice a day, purely from work) I was having to use it once or twice. In addition, the rear-window sprayer is *horrendously* inefficient. I've resorted to using it in bursts (just quickly tapping it a few times) or else it just drains the reservoir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
Ok maybe 3 inches

Seriously, I live where we get snow every winter and they use road salt and I have never needed some stupid little idiot light to tell me when I'm out of washer fluid. When it stops spraying, I fill it back up again, that simple. And I've been driving for 30 years.
First off, I live in Westpark...probably 10 minutes from you lol

Secondly, it's not that I need a light...it's that the manual says there is one and there really isn't. I've only run out once in my life (and it was on this car), but it's still not a great thing to happen. I take 90 to work and back every day and when we got hit with that snowstorm it was all covered in slush and nastyness. Very inopportune time to run out of fluid.

As for the "bashing" stuff: I just don't get why anyone would give an opinion *against* the feature. The manual specifically states that our cars have this feature, and it doesn't work. Why anyone would say "what's the big deal?" to that is mind-boggling. I paid $30k for a car that is missing features the manual states it should have. That *is* a big deal, regardless of how irrelevant the features are.

It wouldn't matter if the manual said my car had a feature that thanked me for getting a full tank of gas. Sure, I'd probably be annoyed with it, but if the car didn't actually *do* it I'd still be upset. It's a feature the car is supposed to have...so not having it *is* a problem to me.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:50 AM   #25
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
As for the "bashing" stuff: I just don't get why anyone would give an opinion *against* the feature. The manual specifically states that our cars have this feature, and it doesn't work. Why anyone would say "what's the big deal?" to that is mind-boggling. I paid $30k for a car that is missing features the manual states it should have. That *is* a big deal, regardless of how irrelevant the features are.

It wouldn't matter if the manual said my car had a feature that thanked me for getting a full tank of gas. Sure, I'd probably be annoyed with it, but if the car didn't actually *do* it I'd still be upset. It's a feature the car is supposed to have...so not having it *is* a problem to me.
point taken, I just have other worries that are more pressing, like my wife asking why the HELL she has to take her car to the dealer to ask about the wiper fluid indicator lol!

Its just more imporatant to you than it is to others...thats all. Common sense is subjective, and we all have to pick our battles.
Your problem will have been adressed once the next edition of the manual is released.

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:19 AM   #26
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
There is a new TSB for this issue.
TSB 12-4-13 applies to cars built on or before 1/14/12.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #27
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Funny. I brought this up to the service dept. last time I was in for an oil change and I was told there is no indicator. How is this indicator supposed to work anyway? I don't see an icon for the dummy lights. Is it supposed to show up on the center gauge display?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
There is a new TSB for this issue.
TSB 12-4-13 applies to cars built on or before 1/14/12.
I can't find this TSB anywhere. Can you please provide the verbage that goes along with it?
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
Old 04-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #28
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
co-sign...more details please

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
Funny. I brought this up to the service dept. last time I was in for an oil change and I was told there is no indicator. How is this indicator supposed to work anyway? I don't see an icon for the dummy lights. Is it supposed to show up on the center gauge display?

I can't find this TSB anywhere. Can you please provide the verbage that goes along with it?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #29
cougardave
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93864
What I Drive: 2012 sterling grey titanium

FF Reputation: 1 cougardave Good Standing Member
My car was built 1/17/12 and it works. Comes up on the drivers display once when it runs low. Then every time you start the car after till it is full.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #30
Pretherius
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97062
What I Drive: 2012 SE Sedan 5-Spd Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 Pretherius Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophonous View Post
Yes the indicator should work but really you should not need it. I fill mine when I check the engine oil level. But yes it should work.
Werd.

The feature would be nice, but you should be topping off fluids regularly anyway.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->