DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 65 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #641
captainsubt3xt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95121
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver/Titanium/5-Door

Points 2,039, Level 27
Points: 2,039, Level: 27 Points: 2,039, Level: 27 Points: 2,039, Level: 27
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 captainsubt3xt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just found out my vehicle was manufactured on Jan 24th and has the latest firmware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #642
Focussed2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94425
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 2 Focussed2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsubt3xt View Post
Just found out my vehicle was manufactured on Jan 24th and has the latest firmware.
Did your dealer tell you this? I'd like to know my manufacture date.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #643
EliSandler
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94873
What I Drive: Black 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 EliSandler Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsubt3xt View Post
Any issues with the trans? How about the MFT?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #644
xwhit3devilx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86578
What I Drive: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

FF Reputation: 2 xwhit3devilx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I brought my Focus in on December 1st to have an update applied to it. My car was built on April 26th 2011 and had all the original software on it- as well as the faulty, drifty steering rack which was replaced. The work list didn't show what updates they applied but afterward instead of shifting out of 1st and 2nd at 2300rpm, the engine revs up more freely. It was much better than it was, but the car still bogs down quite a bit and the tranny grinds occasionally. Seeing as how the work was done on the first of December does that mean I got an earlier update? Am I now two updates behind? If I am I may ask the tech to apply them next time I get my oil changed. (He knows me by name by now, as do most of the dealership staff) Funny tidbit; whenever I go to have work done/defects fixed I've always noticed at least one other 2012 in the part of the lot they keep cars to be worked on, makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:33 AM   #645
ladytonya
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94805
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Gray Metallic SE hatch

FF Reputation: 1 ladytonya Good Standing Member
Are these updates only for the sport versions of the transmission? I only ask because my dealer had no clue about these updates, but then again he also said they don't sell many cars with sport packages. I have an SE hatch with auto transmission and have no idea of I have this power shift. It sounds like some of you are talking about being able to shift on the fly like I can in my mom's VW so it's kind of an semi-manual automatic. If thy's the case then I definitely know I don't have this feature but would still like to be sure I have the most up to date software. I haven't noticed any of the stuttering or grinding that others have reported but I do drive it hard so maybe I've avoided this problem. Anyway, would still like to know if I should push for this update or if it's just for the sport packages.

---
I am here: Posted Via FF Mobile1xs4rc
Old 02-25-2012, 05:41 AM   #646
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 FFE Frosted Glass

Points 870, Level 15
Points: 870, Level: 15 Points: 870, Level: 15 Points: 870, Level: 15
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytonya View Post
Are these updates only for the sport versions of the transmission? I only ask because my dealer had no clue about these updates, but then again he also said they don't sell many cars with sport packages. I have an SE hatch with auto transmission and have no idea of I have this power shift. It sounds like some of you are talking about being able to shift on the fly like I can in my mom's VW so it's kind of an semi-manual automatic. If thy's the case then I definitely know I don't have this feature but would still like to be sure I have the most up to date software. I haven't noticed any of the stuttering or grinding that others have reported but I do drive it hard so maybe I've avoided this problem. Anyway, would still like to know if I should push for this update or if it's just for the sport packages.

---
I think it works for both. But the sport model has more parameters to adjust for and the TSBs are to adjust for those. If you are not having problems you should not have it done. Your computer is handling the shifts fine and introducing new info will not help and could cause some issues to crop up as it has to start over. I have an august build and the sport model with no problems and will not get the update done. If in the future it does develop issues then I will see about it but until that happens I will leave it alone.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:42 AM   #647
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytonya View Post
Are these updates only for the sport versions of the transmission? I only ask because my dealer had no clue about these updates, but then again he also said they don't sell many cars with sport packages. I have an SE hatch with auto transmission and have no idea of I have this power shift. It sounds like some of you are talking about being able to shift on the fly like I can in my mom's VW so it's kind of an semi-manual automatic. If this is the case then I definitely know I don't have this feature but would still like to be sure I have the most up to date software. I haven't noticed any of the stuttering or grinding that others have reported but I do drive it hard so maybe I've avoided this problem. Anyway, would still like to know if I should push for this update or if it's just for the sport packages.

---
Yes, same transmission.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #648
NVaZN
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85144
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 NVaZN Good Standing Member
Common link for TSB's

Is there a good site to go to for all TSB's for the 2012 Focus?
Old 02-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #649
hoffmanr09
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89468
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus se

FF Reputation: 1 hoffmanr09 Good Standing Member
^ second that
Old 02-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #650
ladytonya
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94805
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Gray Metallic SE hatch

FF Reputation: 1 ladytonya Good Standing Member
Thanks! My build date is 1/11/12 so hopefully I'm up to date anyway. I'm sitting at 1,200 miles with no problems so far *knock in wood*

---
I am here: Posted Via FF Mobilefinyol

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.