Sylvania ZXE Headlights and Fogs. Pics - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #11
Dgc333
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85422
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Dgc333 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
what about some of the claims that it'll burn out your electric harness and all that?
If they are rated for the same wattage they draw the same current from the electrical system and won't have any impact on the wiring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
SNAPThr0w
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93998
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 SNAPThr0w Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
This may sound silly, but would you be able to post some pictures or something for the process for a technically inclined person? (it's tough for me to imagine, especially if i've never seen it before, etc).
It's really easy (I'm writing this from memory). With the car's hood open look down on top of the headlight housing -- there are two screws one on each end, remove them (it's a T30 hex or a large slot screwdriver). Then the headlight housing sort of comes out and up and there is plenty of wire slack to pull them out of the socket. Then right behind where each bulb is in the housing there is a large rubber gasket that just pulls off -- it even has a pull tab. Then for the headlights gently turn the bulb housing about a 1/4 turn and pull out and swap the bulb. For the highbeam the bulb housing has a clip you release then pull the bulb straight out. While you have the headlight housing off you can reach down and swap the fogs if you want -- they 1/4 turn the same as the headlights.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #13
-sokO
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93367
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 -sokO Good Standing Member
I think I am going to get these for mine.. Hate the yellowish OEM headlights that came with the car.. I assume the OEM's are also 55watt so theres no issues with them burning out or anything ?
Old 02-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #14
Ox-y-GenIII
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90008
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 Ox-y-GenIII Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by -sokO View Post
I think I am going to get these for mine.. Hate the yellowish OEM headlights that came with the car.. I assume the OEM's are also 55watt so theres no issues with them burning out or anything ?
Ya these ZXE bulbs are the same wattage. the OEM and these are both 55w so no issues with burning up wires or anything

And anyone interested should get these from Amazon because there is no tax, free shipping and when i bought mine they had a $10 off a pair instant discount.

2012 Oxford White Focus Hatchback
Dyno #'s 164.35 HP 147.12 TQ
Old 02-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
Ox-y-GenIII
Focus Addict

And I guess I should way what benefits I have noticed from these so far since I have had them for a little while now.

I say side road visibility has risen about 40% and down road visibility has risen about 10%. So basically I can see a little further plus I can see a lot further into the ditches and sides of the road than before. Plus the nice color reflects off signs better.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #16
-sokO
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93367
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 -sokO Good Standing Member
Just installed the Zxe's on my low beams. Will let you guys know how I like them once I put some miles on them. Install was a joke.. Unscrewed 4 screws, peeled back the rubber gasket, popped off each plug, and twisted the old bulbs out. Maybe 15minutes from start to finish.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #17
JasonM
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87568
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 JasonM Good Standing Member
I just ordered two sets of the H11 ZXE bulbs. Will let you guys know how they work once I get them. I'm thinking that I might replace both the low beam and foglight on one side and then take pictures facing the car and then of my garage door with the lights shining on them. If I can get someone to go with me for a drive, I can also take pictures of the light output/color on the road. I'm not sure I know anyone who would be into this enough to go for a drive in a car with mismatched lights just to take pictures unless I promise dinner/drinks, though. :)
Old 02-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #18
Ox-y-GenIII
Focus Addict

I'm glad a couple others here are doing this too. Post up pics when you both get a chance.

And I thought about doing that before I went to install the bulbs and then forgot. Lol. Had then all in in less than 30 and said, oops. Haha

Old 02-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #19
Mayonaze
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92949
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL HBack DCT

FF Reputation: 1 Mayonaze Good Standing Member
Newman!! I just ordered a set of the Osram Night Breakers for the lowbeams and fogs from Candle Power ($28 each). I already had a set of the Raybrig 5000K H1s but haven't installed them yet.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #20
Ox-y-GenIII
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonaze View Post
Newman!! I just ordered a set of the Osram Night Breakers for the lowbeams and fogs from Candle Power ($28 each). I already had a set of the Raybrig 5000K H1s but haven't installed them yet.
Amazon also has or just had a sale on all Osram Nightbreaker Platinums buy a pair get a pair free.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->