Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 122 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #1211
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
imccrea - I am brand new to this forum, but in briefly reading through this thread, it's clear you have become a true resource for people. Thank you for giving your time and knowledge.

Ironically enough, you are probably the perfect person to field my question, so here goes:

I currently live in Los Angeles, but expect to relocate to Denver in the next 6-8 weeks. I am looking to buy a new car (I currently drive a 2WD Nissan Frontier, which I love, but is not likely to fare well in the snow/sleet) and I'm seriously considering a Focus 5-Door SEL or Titanium (also considering a Hyundai Tucscon and maybe the new Mazda CX-5). I plan to sell the Nissan before I move and have almost no intention of trying to sell it in CO. My question is should I purchase the new car in LA before I move or buy it in Denver after I move. These are the things I have in mind:

1) Unless I am saving enough on the car where it makes sense, I'd rather not pay registration twice (in CA and CO) and certainly don't want to pay sales tax twice. Is it possible to buy a car in CA and then register it in CO? Can I negotiate with dealers in CA and then take delivery in CO? Or should I forget CA altogether and simply focus on buying it in CO? If you were to purchase in CA you would have to tell them you are registering it in Colorado so you pay Colorado sales tax. IIRC Colorado sales tax is much lower than California. Depending on where you move here you can get better pricing than California, also rebates are different which is what you mention below.

2) One factor motivating me to look into getting the Focus in the next few weeks is the $2,000 manufacturer's cash back that appears to be valid through 3/5/2012 in CA. The thing about incentives is even if you buy in California and register in Colorado you get rebates based on Colorado. We have $1,500 rebates on Focus plus $500 if you trade in a 95 or newer. Sounds like you'd be getting $1,500. Now the difference is if you purchased in California and registered in Cali your taxes are more, and you'd have to re-register in Colorado so you might end up paying more by the time everything is said and done.

Do you (or others) have any insight on the above? Are there other things I am forgetting? If you go Titanium don't get the handling pkg because we've had a customer here that had it and it was a dead possum in the snow. Also let me know where you're moving to and if you aren't central to Denver I'll tell you which dealers to avoid. If you tell me exactly what you want I'll let you know what we have in the area.

Thanks for your help!
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #1212
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceG View Post
I'll echo the thanks of many others....great forum, great thread.

In the 95150 area code, considering a 2012 Focus Ti. I am eligible for X Plan, and have $500 brochure cash (thanks to this forum!). May I use both along with the current $2K rebate?

Thanks very much.
yes you can
Ira McCrea
Old 02-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #1213
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maklaka View Post
Any special incentives for Jones in area code 15017?
no owner rebates for that name and zip.
Ira McCrea
Old 02-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #1214
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowman View Post
thx! ... last request ... if too annoying, don't worry about it ... searching inventory in NY/NJ/CT looking for a Fusion SE 2.5l, Sterling Grey, Medium Light Stone, thank you
Name Dons Ford, Inc.
Address 5712 Horatio Street
City Utica
State NY
Postal Code 13502
Phone (315) 797-1520

has the only NY region, many in PA if you want to drive.
Ira McCrea
Old 02-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #1215
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_contour View Post
I'm looking to buy a 2012 Focus Titanium with the following:
-Black exterior
-401A
-Black on Black Leather
-Moonroof
-Winter package
-Sync w/NAV
-Remote start if possible (dealer install right?)
Either around 07071 or 11704.
Would probably finance through Ford, buy @ 60mo if I can get cash back and best rate at the same time. I would prefer to order it, unless they have the exact model in stock. Will I get a better deal if I pick one from the lot?

Also, I know it's not offered in NY/NJ, but is it possible to get DRLs and block heater as a special order? I'll bring the car back to Canada in a year or 2 when I move back, and it would be one less hassle to deal with at that point.
Hatch or sedan?
You'll always get a better deal when in stock unless you are A/D/Z plan. You cannot get DRL on a retail order Focus. You need a fleet order code to get DRL's but from what I've heard there is a way to get DRL by modifying some electrical component (for Canadian use of course). Remote start is dealer installed correct.
Ira McCrea
Old 02-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #1216
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter48820 View Post
Hi All,
I'm interested in a Focus Titanium 5 door. Will be visiting the dealer on Tuesday. I've seen a little about the Focus ST but haven't found any up to date info on it. Is it available yet? Any idea of price? I see that they were stating it would be in the area of $27,000 in one early article that I read from last year.

I get the X plan through my mother in law. Do you still get to use any incentives and/or rebates when using the X plan?

Thanks in advance.
Check out the ST thread, there is information there for it. Probably won't see it til late 2012. I doubt there will be an incentive on the ST and some dealers may not honor X plan on the ST.
Ira McCrea
Old 02-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #1217
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlosk View Post
Good morning. Thanks for being willing to give advice on this! I am currently in the market for a 2012 SE Focus, manual transmission (preferably in Ingot Silver or Sterling Gray) with option package 201A. I am in zip code 19454. I also have a Z-plan pin. It seems like somewhat of a challenge to find manual transmissions. I have a quote from one dealership for a Red hatch, manual transmission with 201A for $15915 including all incentives and the Z-plan. I'm not in a complete hurry, I probably want the car by late spring. Is now the best time as far as incentives and rebates? Should I be able to get close to that price by ordering a car (in the correct color)? Is there an easy way to search inventory, even within a 50 mile radius of here? Any advice would be excellent. Thanks again!
Rebates are good right now on Focus, I have no crystal ball but I imagine rebates being anywhere between $1,500 and up to $3,000 between now and fall when 2013 are released. I've heard KBB has a good site to search inventory besides what us dealers use. Z plan is set in stone so however you have it built is what the price would be.
Ira McCrea
Old 02-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #1218
MovingtoCO
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95262
What I Drive: 2006 Silver Nissan Frontier

FF Reputation: 1 MovingtoCO Good Standing Member
immcrea - Thank you for your response. To follow up on your questions:

- I expect to move somewhere within a 5-10 mile radius of downtown (Highlands, Cheesman Park, WashPark, etc).

- If I end up buying the car in CO (which seems increasingly likely at this point to avoid headaches and unnecessary fees), I will seeks bids from dealers within 50-75 miles (Fort Collins to Colorado Springs).

- Thanks for the tip on the Titanium handling package. I will avoid.

- I will certainly reach out if/when I am ready to move forward on a Focus. After having had the opportunity to sit in a Tucson yesterday, however, I think the backseat in the Focus is simply too small (I realize I am comparing apples-to-oranges, but I would be perfectly content with either assuming the Focus was a bit bigger inside). Do you know when the new Ford Escape/Mazda CX-5 will be available at dealers? I heard this week, but couldn't confirm.

Thank you!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #1219
imccrea
Focus Addict

immcrea - Thank you for your response. To follow up on your questions:

- I expect to move somewhere within a 5-10 mile radius of downtown (Highlands, Cheesman Park, WashPark, etc).

- If I end up buying the car in CO (which seems increasingly likely at this point to avoid headaches and unnecessary fees), I will seeks bids from dealers within 50-75 miles (Fort Collins to Colorado Springs).

- Thanks for the tip on the Titanium handling package. I will avoid.

- I will certainly reach out if/when I am ready to move forward on a Focus. After having had the opportunity to sit in a Tucson yesterday, however, I think the backseat in the Focus is simply too small (I realize I am comparing apples-to-oranges, but I would be perfectly content with either assuming the Focus was a bit bigger inside). Do you know when the new Ford Escape/Mazda CX-5 will be available at dealers? I heard this week, but couldn't confirm.

Thank you!

New Escape's are being ordered now, I don't anticipate seeing one til summer. I'd have to talk to my Mazda buddy and see about CX-5.
Ira McCrea
Old 02-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #1220
SaintX
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95338
What I Drive: Future focus owner

FF Reputation: 1 SaintX Good Standing Member
Hi imccrea,
First off, I've been eyeing this thread for some time but finally just joined and wanted to thank you for helping everyone in here. Secondly, I'm in the market for a 2012 Focus Titanium either in black, Sterling gray, or sonic blue with the 401a option and the Nav option. Would you be able to check in my area to see if anything is available in my area? I'm debating on using x plan or the Costco auto program but there is a dealer, actually 2 dealers that have "internet prices" that are below what I would pay with x plan. What would you suggest?

Thank you in advance!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.