SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78622
What I Drive: 2004 Ag ZX3 D23E MTX

FF Reputation: 1 karmakc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Arrow SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling

Hi,
I just got my tax return and I want to put the $ into my car.

I've got a 2004 ZX3 with just over 50k miles :) and in many ways I find the suspension to be satisfactory. I happen to drive over a stretch of highway that is 20 miles long and is a twisty bumpy road, I love it!

The deal is that I'd like less body roll, and more control over the car through the corners. The current suspension is still good and probably will last me a good while yet. So at this time I'm contemplating my options.

The SVT 3000ZX3 package makes a lot of sense, I've driven SVT Foci in the past and loved the dynamics of the suspension and the BRAKES. I'll probably get to the brakes later on however, my focus is getting the right shoes (tires) and suspension.

So getting to the meat of the question: What is the difference between the FRPP and SVT suspension in terms of ride and handling on a zx3?

I know the FRPP is a larger drop, does that mean the ride will be harsher as well? Also, many people in the forums have indicated that the FRPP settles in to a 2" drop rather than the stated 1.5" drop.

Ideally, people who have had both the SVT and FRPP set ups are the qualified individuals I would like to hear from.

My aim is to remain on the 16" stock rims and shoe them with Continental DW's. Any thoughts on those tires would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90

Last edited by karmakc; 02-18-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->