Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #51
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,276, Level 35
Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthrj View Post
...Figured I'd express my concern over this issue also. I have a 2012 Focus SE hatchback (6 speed select shift transmission). ..............
Just dropped it off at my local Ford dealer (Ford of Clermont) about an hour ago. I'll report back when I have more news. Such a shame, my first new car only having 1000 miles on it with a weird problem like this
Quote:
Just got the car back from the dealership. After they had it for 8 hours, they finally test drove it to hear the hum for themselves.
Service Clerk: "Yes, the technicians did hear a slight noise. They determined it wasn't a safety issue, and that it isn't a big enough problem to service".
Quote:
By the way, if you happen to stumble across this Natasha, I PM'd you my info (VIN, contact information, etc.). I'm very worried that the service dealer is going to blow me off again on Wednesday when I go back in for my appointment. I would greatly appreciate any help in getting my car fixed. I bought a Ford because it's an awesome product that my family has always stood by. Having the service department try to shoo me away saying I had to wait for the problem to get worse really upset me. That's most definitely not what comes to my mind when I think FORD!
Morning ruthrj,

Natasha is currently helping Ford family members on the Face book account. But, I would be more than happy to assist. I received your PM and will be escalating the concern to the Customer Service Manager in your area. Thanks for your patience and keep me posted on the results.

Oh and hey, to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyt View Post
Just heard back from the dealer last Friday the 10th. My car is still in the shop having other issues resolved, headliner replaced and rear spoiler alined to fit properly, however they informed me that they have replaced both front bearings and said the noise is gone. I have not driven the car yet so I can only report what I have been told. If your dealership replaces the two front bearings, ask them to use the new part numbers so as to not get bearings from the bad batch, if they have not been pulled.
Good luck with yours. This has been a 6 month project for me. I am looking forward to hearing that your problem has been solved.
Quote:
So what if any other cars on the lot make the noise. It does not make it a non-problem. My Titanium makes the noise too. FORD knows they have a problem as indicated by the Oasis bulletin. I do not have the TSB number but read the following summary of my problem. Feel free to copy this and take it in to the dealer.
Hi jimmyt

I'm glad to know the service department is making some progress with the work on the vehicle. Please let me know the outcome.

Enjoy Valentine's Day with your love ones!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #52
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
Thanks so much for your help Noemi, it's greatly appreciated!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #53
jimmyt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90069
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jimmyt Good Standing Member
Quote:
By the way, if you happen to stumble across this Natasha, I PM'd you my info (VIN, contact information, etc.). I'm very worried that the service dealer is going to blow me off again on Wednesday when I go back in for my appointment. I would greatly appreciate any help in getting my car fixed. I bought a Ford because it's an awesome product that my family has always stood by. Having the service department try to shoo me away saying I had to wait for the problem to get worse really upset me. That's most definitely not what comes to my mind when I think FORD!
Call Ford CS at 800.392.FORD and explain your problem with you car and dealer.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #54
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,276, Level 35
Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Thanks so much for your help Noemi, it's greatly appreciated!
Hello again ruthrj,

My pleasure!

Like I said, keep me posted on the results and let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Quote:
Call Ford CS at 800.392.FORD and explain your problem with you car and dealer.
Evening jimmyt,

Thanks for the great advice.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 02-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #55
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

I dropped my car off at the dealership last night for my appointment today. The car still hasn't been looked at because their service manager has been in a dealer meeting all day, so it's going to be held over night and looked at tomorrow.

That's the bad news. The good news was that Ford customer service called me to tell me that personally

They're going to hook me up with a rental car tonight so I don't have to worry about my car being in the shop, multiple trips to drop it off, etc. They also informed me that if the dealer has trouble finding out what's wrong with the car, they have a support system available to them that will put them in touch with Ford (I'm guessing she was referring to Ford's OASIS system). I let her know that this is the whole reason I called/pm'd to file a complaint on the service dealer. On Monday, the service associate shoo'd me off and said live with it in the strongest terms. I knew they could do more and that they didn't fully use the resources available to them to help me out. As long as customer service keeps advocating for me to get my car fixed, I'm super happy!

Will report back again when I have more news. Can't help but cross my fingers though, the service manager still wants to test drive other cars to figure out my car's problem.... Oh well. Not going to worry about that now, lol.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #56
jimmyt
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I dropped my car off at the dealership last night for my appointment today. The car still hasn't been looked at because their service manager has been in a dealer meeting all day, so it's going to be held over night and looked at tomorrow.

That's the bad news. The good news was that Ford customer service called me to tell me that personally

They're going to hook me up with a rental car tonight so I don't have to worry about my car being in the shop, multiple trips to drop it off, etc. They also informed me that if the dealer has trouble finding out what's wrong with the car, they have a support system available to them that will put them in touch with Ford (I'm guessing she was referring to Ford's OASIS system). I let her know that this is the whole reason I called/pm'd to file a complaint on the service dealer. On Monday, the service associate shoo'd me off and said live with it in the strongest terms. I knew they could do more and that they didn't fully use the resources available to them to help me out. As long as customer service keeps advocating for me to get my car fixed, I'm super happy!

Will report back again when I have more news. Can't help but cross my fingers though, the service manager still wants to test drive other cars to figure out my car's problem.... Oh well. Not going to worry about that now, lol.
Great, I am so happy for you. Be sure that they install the new part number bearings. Installing the old part numbers is a crap shoot that they will be good.

My wife was very apprehensive about driving our FOCUS as it was making this noise, which is audible over the normal volume of the radio and at the speeds, she commonly drives. I hope it is fixed on our car. Maybe they should hold a meeting at this dealership about the meaning and definition of customer service.

I got a call today that my car was not ready yet. I took it in Feb 7th. I am getting a little concerned too. I was told it might be ready tomorrow, which will be 6 working days in the shop. They did not have any rentals on the 7th so I got a ride home with the dealership driver and have been driving my 1998 Chevy S-10 pickup since. Not exactly what I thought I would be doing after we paid $26 K for our new FOCUS.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #57
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Got another call from Ford Customer Service. My service dealer found that other cars on the lot do not hum like mine (shocker), and that they are going to try to identify the problem. They said that they will call me back on Monday to update me on the progress. The service dealer is going to do a breakdown of some of the car components starting with the wheels and possibly the transmission

Glad that they are servicing the car, but the thought of my Focus getting stripped down makes me sad. Can't wait to get my new car back, and I'm really glad I've got this rental. My service dealer is partnered with the local Enterprise Rent-A-Car, so I'm not driving a loaner but a hatchback Nissan Versa. Makes me miss my Focus that much more, lol! Alas, beggers cannot be choosers
Old 02-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #58
jimmyt
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Got another call from Ford Customer Service. My service dealer found that other cars on the lot do not hum like mine (shocker), and that they are going to try to identify the problem. They said that they will call me back on Monday to update me on the progress. The service dealer is going to do a breakdown of some of the car components starting with the wheels and possibly the transmission

Glad that they are servicing the car, but the thought of my Focus getting stripped down makes me sad. Can't wait to get my new car back, and I'm really glad I've got this rental. My service dealer is partnered with the local Enterprise Rent-A-Car, so I'm not driving a loaner but a hatchback Nissan Versa. Makes me miss my Focus that much more, lol! Alas, beggers cannot be choosers
I am pretty sure it is the wheel bearings. If you have an accident and did not take out the 'extra' insurance, the rental company will take the costs right off the top of your credit card until your insurance pays up. Even if an accident is not your fault, the same procedure will be followed. It cost me and extra $16.59 per day for coverage. I chose a high deductable $1,500.00 on my cars since they are all paid in full.

I am awaiting a call for the dealer to come pick me up.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #59
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure its the wheel bearings too, but my service dealer won't listen to me at all. They'll do what Ford tells them to do but that's about it.

I'm not impressed at all with them, so I'm a bit worried hearing that they may possibly mess with the transmission. It clearly sounds like a wheel bearing problem, so I'm 100% hoping that Ford has them replace those before they pull apart my fancy transmission....
Old 02-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #60
jimmyt
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm pretty sure its the wheel bearings too, but my service dealer won't listen to me at all. They'll do what Ford tells them to do but that's about it.

I'm not impressed at all with them, so I'm a bit worried hearing that they may possibly mess with the transmission. It clearly sounds like a wheel bearing problem, so I'm 100% hoping that Ford has them replace those before they pull apart my fancy transmission....
They tore apart another guys transmission even going as far as to replace it and found it was the wheel bearings. Sometimes I think they are using these issues to make money for their shops.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.