Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 118 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #1171
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The best you can ask for is a fair price. Dealers are in the business of making money (at least they try). If you don't allow them to make a profit they will not be there tomorrow.

I see people boasting about getting a car for less than cost. That makes others feel like they are getting a bad deal when they don't get a car for less than cost. Well if everyone was getting a car for less than cost the dealers would be out of business.

IMO the people that are getting a car for less than coast are usually lying or at the very least not telling the full truth. I know with rebates and manufacturer promos to the dealers it is possible to get a great deal, but dealers cant loose money on selling cars and hope to make it up on volume.

I paid slightly more for my car from a local reputable dealer as compared to a highway / internet dealer. The difference over the three year loan amounts to practically pennies.

Support your local dealer today or they may not be around tomorrow .....

In the end treat people the way you want to be treated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #1172
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Quote:
The best you can ask for is a fair price. Dealers are in the business of making money (at least they try). If you don't allow them to make a profit they will not be there tomorrow.

I see people boasting about getting a car for less than cost. That makes others feel like they are getting a bad deal when they don't get a car for less than cost. Well if everyone was getting a car for less than cost the dealers would be out of business.

IMO the people that are getting a car for less than coast are usually lying or at the very least not telling the full truth. I know with rebates and manufacturer promos to the dealers it is possible to get a great deal, but dealers cant loose money on selling cars and hope to make it up on volume.

I paid slightly more for my car from a local reputable dealer as compared to a highway / internet dealer. The difference over the three year loan amounts to practically pennies.

Support your local dealer today or they may not be around tomorrow .....

In the end treat people the way you want to be treated.
Less then cost? Sure it's possible sometimes but not very common.

An example of where we'd go negative to make a deal happen, if there was a mistake on the vehicle or something similar and it was negatively impacting our image we'll take a hit. Our image is important to a dealer as it is to any other business.

Or another example end of month, need a few more units to make quota or hit a goal I'll take a loss. But for 95% of the time I'm going make a profit. A reasonable one that I can feed myself off of and live a decent life.

Now at the same time, there is also getting ripped off. And you don't want that.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #1173
dhelsdon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94606
What I Drive: Future 2012 Focus Owner

FF Reputation: 1 dhelsdon Good Standing Member
Hi all, future focus owner here.. just wondering if Ford offers remote starter's factory installed. I am in Alberta, Canada. I didn't see it as an option online (ford.ca) when building my vehicle.

I installed a third party two-way remote starter/locks from Canadian Tire in my 1993 Mustang LX Hatchback, that was the most difficult installation I've ever done! (and my first) I vowed I'd never do it again. Especially not on a brand new vehicle these days.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #1174
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Remote start is a dealer add on. I got it.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #1175
qbanaso86
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94916
What I Drive: 09, gray, Honda Civic Hybrid

FF Reputation: 1 qbanaso86 Good Standing Member
Hello immcrea,

I'm currently talking to dealers in the Miami area about leasing a SEL 2012 Hatchback with a 302A package. One dealership offered a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year for $1,500 down and $337 per month tax included. This seems pretty high and I was wondering if this was a realistic offer ?

Thanks
Old 02-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #1176
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbanaso86 View Post
Hello immcrea,

I'm currently talking to dealers in the Miami area about leasing a SEL 2012 Hatchback with a 302A package. One dealership offered a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year for $1,500 down and $337 per month tax included. This seems pretty high and I was wondering if this was a realistic offer ?

Thanks
Leases are a bit more difficult. It seems like an okay deal to me but I'm not sure the MSRP of the vehicle. There's a 302a hatch here that if sold for $24,000 with $1,500 down has a price of $341/mo with 7.72% sales tax and includes the acquisition fee of $595 and security deposit of $350.

Leases calculate off MSRP so everything changes, my girlfriend's Limited Escape was cheaper than an XLT because of the residual and MSRP to sales price factor. I'd need more information to see what it looks like (last 8 of VIN and what dealership).
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 02-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #1177
Degausser
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94949
What I Drive: White Platinum 2012 Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Degausser Good Standing Member
Hi Imccrea,

I'm looking to buy or lease a 2012 se sport hatchback automatic in the Detroit Metro area.

Is the brochure discount available in my area? (48316)
Can I stack a recent college graduate discount/and or brochure discount with Z plan?
Can you locate an automatic white ford focus se sport 5 door 203a package with 17in painted rims, winter package near me?

Thanks

Last edited by Degausser; 02-13-2012 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Did some research
Old 02-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #1178
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degausser View Post
Hi Imccrea,

I'm looking to buy or lease a 2012 se sport hatchback automatic in the Detroit Metro area.

Is the brochure discount available in my area? (48316)
Can I stack a recent college graduate discount/and or brochure discount with Z plan?
Can you locate an automatic white ford focus se sport 5 door 203a package with 17in painted rims, winter package near me?

Thanks
You will have to head to Wisconsin to find one equipped like that.
You cannost stack college grad with Z plan but you can with the brochure. However I can't get information if your area is getting brochure discounts currently.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 02-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #1179
ruby.b
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95025
What I Drive: 2012ford focus titantuim white

FF Reputation: 1 ruby.b Good Standing Member
I drive a white ford focus titantium sedan,has anyone put on chrome reflectors and if so where did you purchase them??
Old 02-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #1180
Degausser
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94949
What I Drive: White Platinum 2012 Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Degausser Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
You will have to head to Wisconsin to find one equipped like that.
You cannot stack college grad with Z plan but you can with the brochure. However I can't get information if your area is getting brochure discounts currently.
I'm sorry did you mean that I could stack the brochure with Z plan or that I could stack both the brochure and college grad together?

Are there any in race red or sterling gray in the area?

Thanks again

Bookmarks & Social Networks