My Ford Touch Thread - Page 26 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #251
mokz316
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93668
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL HB

FF Reputation: 3 mokz316 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post
Bought our Titanium last weekend. Already the MFT is acting bizarre. I wonder if anyone is getting theirs to work properly consistently.

I don't know if any of you have run across this one, but we went to adjust the fan speed with the controls under the real climate control, and the MFT changed from the radio to the USB...

And: Voice activation button not responding, making sharp right-hand turn turned the radio to USB, etc etc

Can't wait for the new software.

i had similar experience just this morning. it was tuned in to radio and just right after turning into a corner MFT changed to USB all of the sudden..
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #252
mokz316
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93668
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL HB

FF Reputation: 3 mokz316 Good Standing Member
has anyone noticed some lag/delay when using the audio controls on the steering wheel? i find that there are times it sort'a waits (almost to a point where you'd think it did not work) and when it does go through it had skipped a title or increased the volume 2-3x than what you wanted it to do..
Old 02-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #253
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Yep, I get the lag now and then, especially right after starting the car but also at some random intervals. One thing I did as a stopgap to speed up loading is disable the auto contact sync for my phone on every start. Seems to quicken the load process. I've found that if it doesn't respond right away, let it do its thing. Hitting it again before it responds - not good.

On another note, I got a new one this morning. Took me a minute to figure out but I knew something about the screen was strange in my peripheral vision. Upon closer inspection - no temp! Things looked really off-balance with the time over on the left and blank space to the right.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #254
Bakaboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92644
What I Drive: focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 Bakaboy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokz316 View Post
i had similar experience just this morning. it was tuned in to radio and just right after turning into a corner MFT changed to USB all of the sudden..
In my case I usually have it on USB but it randomly switches to FM now and then. I can count the number of times though (4 times IIRC), so its a fairly rare occurrence. Doesn't bother me much, but I do have the WTF moment everytime it happens.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #255
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,271, Level 35
Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaboy View Post
In my case I usually have it on USB but it randomly switches to FM now and then. I can count the number of times though (4 times IIRC), so its a fairly rare occurrence. Doesn't bother me much, but I do have the WTF moment everytime it happens.
Someone had a similar experience with this and was off the walls pissed about it... turns out, his favorites buttons were changing source, make sure you're not just accidentally hitting that :)
Sonic Crew #28
Old 02-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #256
clickman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93645
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium HB

Points 173, Level 3
Points: 173, Level: 3 Points: 173, Level: 3 Points: 173, Level: 3
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 clickman Good Standing Member
So what's the best way of dealing with the uncontrollable volume problem (should it crop up for us)?

I know if I tell wifey to stop the car and pull fuses she'll hit the ceiling: "You know I don't know diddly about cars and you want me to do what with our brand new car????"

I also doubt she'll be very impressed with having to stop the car and let it sit shut off for "a few minutes" until the screen clears, although if it is as effective as the pulling fuses method it's obviously a lot easier.

What's the consensus most painless method?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #257
clickman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93645
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium HB

Points 173, Level 3
Points: 173, Level: 3 Points: 173, Level: 3 Points: 173, Level: 3
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 clickman Good Standing Member
How can I find out if I have software version 2.10 or 2.11 installed?

(Build date Sept 2011.)
Old 02-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #258
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
So what's the best way of dealing with the uncontrollable volume problem (should it crop up for us)?

I know if I tell wifey to stop the car and pull fuses she'll hit the ceiling: "You know I don't know diddly about cars and you want me to do what with our brand new car????"

I also doubt she'll be very impressed with having to stop the car and let it sit shut off for "a few minutes" until the screen clears, although if it is as effective as the pulling fuses method it's obviously a lot easier.

What's the consensus most painless method?
Unfortunately it is the latter. Unless you are willing to live with it until you get home, that is the best option (that at least I have found).

Quote:
How can I find out if I have software version 2.10 or 2.11 installed?

(Build date Sept 2011.)
Go to syncmyride.com (set up an account if you haven't already) and login. It will you show the vesion your car has. With that build date it will be 2.11. Mine was a late July build date and shipped with 2.11 so you are up-to-date for now.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #259
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

Points 1,952, Level 26
Points: 1,952, Level: 26 Points: 1,952, Level: 26 Points: 1,952, Level: 26
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I've been gone for a month and didn't have easy access to a computer, so I haven't been reading posts, I apologize if this has been already posted. I went my dealer for an oil change, tire rotation etc. and I asked about the update and when the usb drives will be sent out. The SA told me it's been pushed back to the beginning of the second quarter, early April, and may be pushed back again.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #260
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
The SA told me it's been pushed back to the beginning of the second quarter, early April, and may be pushed back again.
I had not heard this, but if tue its bad news - good news. The good news is that maybe, just maybe, they will get most of the bugs out befor the release.

I would still prefer an earlier release. They can just call it a 'beta release' and have it only available for download. Whatever they have now cannot be worse than the current system. Mine is so buggy, I get exited when it does its 'scheduled maintenance' reboot. At lease that means it will be a little less buggy for a few days

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.