My Ford Touch Thread - Page 25 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #241
pizzapants
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85381
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus TiHatch

FF Reputation: 1 pizzapants Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
It is a definite glitch. I have speed comp disabled and I've run into it about a half dozen times. Screen will be locked up, steering wheel controls locked up, only thing that works in the manual volume knob. I turn it down and and it works its way back up to "really loud". Turn it down again and it becomes louder and louder, etc. Can't even turn the music off because it is locked. This creates a really dangerous driving condition when you constantly have to adjust the volume while driving.
I had a similar issue...basically, the volume would either go to the highest or lowest volume (depending on which steering wheel button I hit last), and the volume knob would only change the volume for a second before it got loud/quiet again. However, my screen didn't freeze when that happened. Anyway, I brought it to the dealership, and they just unplugged the battery for a few minutes. It's been fine ever since.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #242
mokz316
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93668
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL HB

FF Reputation: 3 mokz316 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
If you wouldn't mind, ask when they got that email while you are picking up your car. If they (Ford) are still beta testing, it seems unlikely (though I would love to be wrong about that).
yeah, for sure.. i will ask and re-confirm again those statements as i was surprised to hear that too.. he just looked descent and knowledgeable so i did not bother arguing plus i had to get out of there quick to get back to work
Old 02-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #243
kelscar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88165
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kelscar Good Standing Member
My car is scheduled to build next week, I will be curious to see if it comes with the new update already installed.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #244
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelscar View Post
My car is scheduled to build next week, I will be curious to see if it comes with the new update already installed.
I registered my car with syncmyride.com before I took delivery and was able to see the version of Sync installed. Please keep us updated as to what version you have.

Here is what I have now:
Quote:
Sync VersionGen2 - V2.11
Confirmed installations
BT4T-14D546-AP
BT4T-14F496-AS
BT4T-14F497-AP
BT4T-14F603-AP
Old 02-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #245
mokz316
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93668
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL HB

FF Reputation: 3 mokz316 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokz316 View Post
yeah, for sure.. i will ask and re-confirm again those statements as i was surprised to hear that too.. he just looked descent and knowledgeable so i did not bother arguing plus i had to get out of there quick to get back to work
ok got back my car after the tsb update and quickly noticed the following on my drive back home:

1. rev's are more aggressive now (a little too aggressive i think even when im not really stepping on the gas.. not sure if that's normal)
2. shifting seems to be smoother (well it looks like its almost quicker than before when switching gears)
3. took it to the HWY and acceleration was tuned and did not hesitate when i floored it straight to 80..

and from the looks on the ODO they took it for quite a spin as it churned out an extra 40km on it. they also had to special order a sway bar for me due to the steering wander issue.

as for the MFT update, i again asked when they expect it to be available and again the tech guy who worked on my tsb update said March 1st so i asked about the email they got from Ford and he said they just got it Monday and he even said that the beta testing of the latest update was supposed to be finished mid-Feb. as that's when they expect most of the 2013 vehicles to come to the dealership. He even showed me a demo 12'FOFO that had a michigan plate on which already had the beta version of the update and indeed when i looked at it, it did had the changes on MFT (eg: single line of text on all the 4 corners and the touch interface was smoother/faster and icons where slighter bigger compare to our current MFT, was not able to fully test it out though as the Demo guy was taking it back to the road..

and for those interested to know, the following accessory bundle is currently on special until feb. 28 as part of the custom car/truck event:

OEM floor mats (front/rear)
OEM rear cargo mat
OEM mudflaps (front/rear)
OEM window visors (front/rear)
OEM hood deflector
reverse backup sensors (front only)
remote starter (1-way)

all for CAD$1053.00 including installation. pretty good deal considering all the above including installation could cost upwards of CAD$1700-1900.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #246
yugoflip
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87666
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Blk Focus SEL 5spd HB

FF Reputation: 1 yugoflip Good Standing Member
Quote:

and for those interested to know, the following accessory bundle is currently on special until feb. 28 as part of the custom car/truck event:

OEM floor mats (front/rear)
OEM rear cargo mat
OEM mudflaps (front/rear)
OEM window visors (front/rear)
OEM hood deflector
reverse backup sensors (front only)
remote starter (1-way)

all for CAD$1053.00 including installation. pretty good deal considering all the above including installation could cost upwards of CAD$1700-1900.
Wow thanks for the heads up. Excited for the mft update. I wonder if that accessory bundle is going on in Ontario/Toronto, it looks interesting.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #247
skramblr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86363
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL & 2012 Mustang GT

Points 277, Level 5
Points: 277, Level: 5 Points: 277, Level: 5 Points: 277, Level: 5
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 skramblr Good Standing Member
Got a copy of ford magazine in the mail today. It has an article about the upcoming upgrade. But was surprised me is we're also getting a Nav Update, too.

Here's a link to the article:
http://www.myfordmag.com/innovation/...rmance-upgrade
Old 02-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #248
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
as for the MFT update, i again asked when they expect it to be available and again the tech guy who worked on my tsb update said March 1st so i asked about the email they got from Ford and he said they just got it Monday and he even said that the beta testing of the latest update was supposed to be finished mid-Feb. as that's when they expect most of the 2013 vehicles to come to the dealership. He even showed me a demo 12'FOFO that had a michigan plate on which already had the beta version of the update and indeed when i looked at it, it did had the changes on MFT (eg: single line of text on all the 4 corners and the touch interface was smoother/faster and icons where slighter bigger compare to our current MFT, was not able to fully test it out though as the Demo guy was taking it back to the road..
Cool. Thanks for the follow up on that mokz. Hopefully!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skramblr View Post
Got a copy of ford magazine in the mail today. It has an article about the upcoming upgrade. But was surprised me is we're also getting a Nav Update, too.

Here's a link to the article:
http://www.myfordmag.com/innovation/...rmance-upgrade
Yep, I got my copy yesterday as well.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #249
clickman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93645
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium HB

Points 173, Level 3
Points: 173, Level: 3 Points: 173, Level: 3 Points: 173, Level: 3
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 clickman Good Standing Member
Bought our Titanium last weekend. Already the MFT is acting bizarre. I wonder if anyone is getting theirs to work properly consistently.

I don't know if any of you have run across this one, but we went to adjust the fan speed with the controls under the real climate control, and the MFT changed from the radio to the USB...

And: Voice activation button not responding, making sharp right-hand turn turned the radio to USB, etc etc

Can't wait for the new software.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #250
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post
Bought our Titanium last weekend. Already the MFT is acting bizarre. I wonder if anyone is getting theirs to work properly consistently.
I've heard rumors of people who's systems work flawlessly.
I have also heard rumors about Bigfoot and Area 51

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.