My Ford Touch Thread - Page 24 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #231
basalix
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 91646
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 basalix Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
It is a definite glitch. I have speed comp disabled and I've run into it about a half dozen times. Screen will be locked up, steering wheel controls locked up, only thing that works in the manual volume knob. I turn it down and and it works its way back up to "really loud". Turn it down again and it becomes louder and louder, etc. Can't even turn the music off because it is locked. This creates a really dangerous driving condition when you constantly have to adjust the volume while driving.
Same thing has happened to me twice. Most recently 2 days ago. I commute 45 minutes, and it happened 10 minutes into my drive. The only way around it is to stop, turn off the engine, and wait for the screen to go blank. Since that forces a reboot, I can get my Nav/radio/everything back.

I am hoping the upgrade fixes that little fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #232
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Hmmm, that's interesting. As far as I know, the current line of thinking is that the nav can only be installed at the factory. This account would tend to dispute that. On a more devious level, that could mean that with the right firmware flash and a clone of a nav SD card, anyone could get nav in their cars.

AFAIK yes, according to the OP the vehicle came with NAV from the factory, so what probably happened was the NAV items didn't get uploaded when the dealer ran the update to the latest MFT version.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #233
PJFan
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92864
What I Drive: SG 2012 Focus TI Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 PJFan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Hmmm, that's interesting. As far as I know, the current line of thinking is that the nav can only be installed at the factory. This account would tend to dispute that. On a more devious level, that could mean that with the right firmware flash and a clone of a nav SD card, anyone could get nav in their cars.
I just came across this! Seems to imply that an SD card is all that is needed. I imagine there will be lots of SD map cards available after the MFT update!

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=31704
Old 01-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #234
hoopty01
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94278
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 hoopty01 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFan View Post
I just came across this! Seems to imply that an SD card is all that is needed. I imagine there will be lots of SD map cards available after the MFT update!

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=31704
Article is from 2010, thinking the sync nav is the standard portion. The mapped out portion is what gets paid for, I imagine ford has to kick some dollars to telenav for their services.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #235
rikosintie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93899
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 1 rikosintie Good Standing Member
I bought an Arkon IPM2-FSM 18.5-Inch Flexible Floor Mount for iPad 2
from Amazon for $35.
http://www.amazon.com/Arkon-IPM2-FSM...7817928&sr=8-1

It mounts in about a minute to one of the passenger seat bolts (#30 Torx). I then bought MotionX GPS software for $4 and $20 for a year of Voice Navigation. It works fantastic. It uses the entire iPad screen so it is huge, downloads maps on the fly and uses Inrix for traffic data. I couldn't be happier with the setup.

When I have a passenger I am able to push the mount far enough to the center for the passenger to sit.

Michael

Last edited by rikosintie; 01-29-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #236
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Post from a mod today over on the syncmyride site's forum:

"I just want to inform everybody that the beta-testing phase is still ongoing at this time. Though I can't speculate on the Performance Upgrade release date, I can confirm that it is still coming this spring, and within the next few months. Once the Performance Upgrade is released, updated support content will also be released on the website. A forum announcement will also be posted to coincide with the launch.

I can understand everyone's interest in this topic; your feedback is being shared with the team."

Wonder what "few months" entails?
Old 02-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #237
voip-ninja
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87642
What I Drive: 2004 Audi A4 Quattro

FF Reputation: 1 voip-ninja Good Standing Member
Someone should ask that mod when they are going to get app link working with MFT systems.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #238
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
...beta-testing phase is still ongoing at this time. Though I can't speculate on the Performance Upgrade release date, I can confirm that it is still coming this spring, and within the next few months...
Can't say I'm surprised.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #239
mokz316
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93668
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL HB

FF Reputation: 3 mokz316 Good Standing Member
here are some news for everyone...

just came back from the dealership to have my car updated with the latest TSB and while i was there i chatted one of the tech guys about MFT Update and getting NAV after (for non-NAV MFT cars) and here is what he said:

1. They are expecting the MFT update by March 1 based on an email they got from Ford corporate but he was not sure when the USB's for the end-users will arrive. So this means by March 1st, even without the USB i can just go back and have them install the update for me and he said "YES"

2. The NAV has to come from the factory as the SD card itself only holds the actual maps but the programming and "CHIP" to enable NAV on MFT only comes from the factory so even with the GPS and LCD component in our current MFT's without the "CHIP" and the programming (which he also said they have the instructions for) will not work. So essentially even when NAV for MFT is made available, you have to pay not only for the SD but also for the "CHIP" and programming.. so somewhere around the $1500-$2500 price range he said after its all been said and done..

i will be picking up the car this afternoon and will re-confirm all statement above and will keep everyone posted. stay tuned!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #240
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokz316 View Post
1. They are expecting the MFT update by March 1 based on an email they got from Ford corporate but he was not sure when the USB's for the end-users will arrive. So this means by March 1st, even without the USB i can just go back and have them install the update for me and he said "YES"

i will be picking up the car this afternoon and will re-confirm all statement above and will keep everyone posted. stay tuned!
If you wouldn't mind, ask when they got that email while you are picking up your car. If they (Ford) are still beta testing, it seems unlikely (though I would love to be wrong about that).

Bookmarks & Social Networks