How successful is using Dynamat? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #11
64wagon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73279
What I Drive: 2009 Sangria Red SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 64wagon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Damplifier pro I believe also has b stock that is also cheaper. You get it straight dryin secondskin. google it. It should be the first thing to pop up more than likely. I'm not sure on the others

Sent from my SGH-T959V using FF Mobile
"i know with me, when i saw someone with my wheels, i HATED it. kinda like when a woman sees another woman with their purse or shoes, they get pissed. was the same way when i saw a honda with my rims. lol." -kttnmthkngs420
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #12
freemind
Vince your Moderator

Fan#: 67513
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

FF Reputation: 22 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Google still rules,

http://audiotechnix.com/

http://www.raamaudio.com/ Talk to Rick

http://secondskinaudio.com/ Talk to Ant

These are the best bang for your hard earned $$

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes
Old 02-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #13
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i have my hatch front doors and front half of the roof done with dynamat, mad a huge difference. all with just a single layer. i did the front half of the healiner because the map light and roof were getting annoying along with the doors. helped keep done ratles upfront for better sound upfront. next is the rest of the trunk and then the rear doors and last half of roof.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #14
Wristpin
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 67849
What I Drive: '04 SVTF ZX3, '64 Ranchero 5.0/T-5

FF Reputation: 1 Wristpin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanzx5 View Post
i have my hatch front doors and front half of the roof done with dynamat, mad a huge difference. all with just a single layer. i did the front half of the healiner because the map light and roof were getting annoying along with the doors. helped keep done ratles upfront for better sound upfront. next is the rest of the trunk and then the rear doors and last half of roof.
I'll bet you really need the sound deadener for what I imagine are mostly dirt roads in Alaska. That's awesome that even one layer would make such a difference!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #15
Dgc333
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85422
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Dgc333 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Zetechse View Post
DO NOT USE PEEL AND SEAL!!!!!!! to put it bluntly ... a half ass product yields a half ass result ... If you are looking for an affordable option go with Audio Technix Deadener.
Any material that increases the mass without increasing the stiffness will be an effective sound deadener and the building construction ice dam membrane will do just that.

The ice dam membrane you get at lowes may not be as effective as Dynamat but two or three layers is. Considering you can purchase a 4' wide by 50' long roll of the ice dam material for the same cost as a 18" by 32" sheet of Dynamat it is a much less costly way to go.

I have had two layers of the ice dam membrane covering the entire floor of my 68 Barracuda for over 10 years now. It works great and the heat from the headers right under the floor has not impacted it.

FWIW, most of the purpose made products are asphalt based too.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
FocusedSlayer
has a screw loose

Fan#: 59042
What I Drive: 2007 CD Silver Sedan SE w/Sap

FF Reputation: 34 FocusedSlayer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I'm using some stuff called Fatmat and I got it from http://www.fatmat.com/
Team Duratec #01,Sedan Revolution#4, Elder FocusedSlayer, Gump Crew 21

February 2012 Sedan of The Month
Old 02-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #17
freemind
Vince your Moderator

Fan#: 67513
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

FF Reputation: 22 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgc333 View Post
Any material that increases the mass without increasing the stiffness will be an effective sound deadener and the building construction ice dam membrane will do just that.

The ice dam membrane you get at lowes may not be as effective as Dynamat but two or three layers is. Considering you can purchase a 4' wide by 50' long roll of the ice dam material for the same cost as a 18" by 32" sheet of Dynamat it is a much less costly way to go.

I have had two layers of the ice dam membrane covering the entire floor of my 68 Barracuda for over 10 years now. It works great and the heat from the headers right under the floor has not impacted it.

FWIW, most of the purpose made products are asphalt based too.
Dynamat is way, way over-priced unless you get dealer cost for it. Butyl rubber is not asphalt based.

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes
Old 02-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #18
Dgc333
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85422
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Dgc333 Good Standing Member
Butyl rubber by it self is not as dense as Dynamat meaning it has something else in the make-up. When I was researching sound deadener for my Barracuda I read a number of comparison articles and saw a number of references that these materials used asphalt to give them the density. These articles also said that the ice dam membrane was very effective.

In any case Dynamat if not the most expensive it is close, even the cheapest stuff is still about 3x or more, more expensive than the ice dam membrane material.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #19
02Zetechse
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 65832
What I Drive: 2002 Satin Black SE

FF Reputation: 6 02Zetechse Good Standing Member
A actual deadener with the foil constraining layer deadens in a different manor than mass loading a panel to change its resonating frequency ...
Old 02-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #20
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wristpin View Post
I'll bet you really need the sound deadener for what I imagine are mostly dirt roads in Alaska. That's awesome that even one layer would make such a difference!
most of the roads are paved, lmao.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->