Basic Bolt ons: Exhaust Headers/Flex Pipes - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #91
bespurcell
Focus Addict

Fan#: 60917
What I Drive: 2003 black svt

FF Reputation: 2 bespurcell Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer47 View Post
if i wanted to make it quieter should i get 2 resonators? do you think something like these would do it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-ST...e#ht_500wt_969
You will need some mufflers that are 6" round x as long as will fit. I have 3 and it's still loud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #92
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 54 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
OBX's is 1,75'' primaries/ 2.50'' collector. I don't know the overall lenght thou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0C0nFused View Post
I thought that it was generally viewed that the OBX was better header for the D2.0 as it has smaller primaries than the FSWERK header (FSWERKS have 1 7/8" primaries. I think the OBX has 1 5/16" primaries.).
The OBX header has 1.75'' primary's/ 2.50 collector, I don't know the overall lenght thou. I went w/ FWerk's header/flex & added one of their stealth muffler's. So I'd say the OBX would work better on a 20 motor, for low end grunt, say for a atx car. I don't know the primary lenght thou, I say that would make a difference= say w/ a stick/auto, you would want to add a few more inches to a auto primary lenght, to make up for the converter. It works that way on V/8's, maybe not on 4 cylinder's.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 11-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #93
S0C0nFused
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39405
What I Drive: 2007 TorD-Red ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 77 S0C0nFused Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
It works that way on V/8's, maybe not on 4 cylinder's.
I can assure you, I have no clue!

silversurfer47 >> At some point you have to calculate whether the performance gain of multiple resonators is offset by the weight. I.E. You may be ahead going with a single muffler. Just my 2 cents!
Last of the Hatches #28
Old 11-27-2011, 12:29 AM   #94
DoomsdayFAN
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92019
What I Drive: ~2006 ZX4 SE Sedan 2.0L~

FF Reputation: 1 DoomsdayFAN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Are headers legal in California?

I am not much of a mechanic, and frankly, I would just feel better if I had a pro do it for me. So, if it's legal, I think I'll have the same place that'll put my exhaust on, put one of these on as well.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #95
Outlaw5.0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84300
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 Outlaw5.0 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayFAN View Post
Are headers legal in California?

I am not much of a mechanic, and frankly, I would just feel better if I had a pro do it for me. So, if it's legal, I think I'll have the same place that'll put my exhaust on, put one of these on as well.
No, since the cat is part of the exhaust manifold.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:49 AM   #96
DoomsdayFAN
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92019
What I Drive: ~2006 ZX4 SE Sedan 2.0L~

FF Reputation: 1 DoomsdayFAN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I've been thinking a lot about buying the 4-1 Header and putting it on right after smog season. Hopefully that, in addition with a CAI & Stealth Exhaust, will increase my get up and go over stock quite substantially.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #97
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 54 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Fwerk's header= #1

Quote:
I've been thinking a lot about buying the 4-1 Header and putting it on right after smog season. Hopefully that, in addition with a CAI & Stealth Exhaust, will increase my get up and go over stock quite substantially.
Go for the Fwerk's header/flex/stealth muffler & then add a tune to turn off the rear o2 senser. How do they check emmission's down there? Plug in to the OBD2 connecter & check for code's or what?
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 01-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #98
ST 2K5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 44631
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black SE Sedan 5speed

FF Reputation: 6 ST 2K5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
Quote:
I have all of the above and I wouldn't necessarily say it a "substantial" difference from stock...Its better then stock but dont get it twisted. For a substantial difference you will need to boost it up.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #99
joshuaaturner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85269
What I Drive: 2k4 D23 ZX5 "Scout"

FF Reputation: 1 joshuaaturner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Just stumbled upon this thread. Thanks Andrew for posting the vids. I'm looking to buy the FSWerks header to add to my K&N FIPK and FSWerks Stealth exhaust. Do you know if the OBX sounds much diff from the FSWerks? I've been looking for sound clips on youtube and even asked FSWerks if they have any with no luck.

Anybody have sound clips of a D23/FSWerks header/FSWerks Stealth/CAI?
Old 02-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #100
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaaturner View Post
Just stumbled upon this thread. Thanks Andrew for posting the vids. I'm looking to buy the FSWerks header to add to my K&N FIPK and FSWerks Stealth exhaust. Do you know if the OBX sounds much diff from the FSWerks? I've been looking for sound clips on youtube and even asked FSWerks if they have any with no luck.

Anybody have sound clips of a D23/FSWerks header/FSWerks Stealth/CAI?
FSW and OBX are both copies of the Cosworth design, theyll sound the same. the diff will be in your muffler/ resonator choices

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->